January 10, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
Aldelo POS is being used by a number of my clients in their restaurants and bars. All of these locations are using the onsite, station/server model of their software. The platform allows for easy management of the entire operation, and from my perspective, it is one of the best and easiest Point of Sale software on the market. From table/bar seat selection when the customer walks into the service station, to beeper alerts sent to customer held devices (table-ready), to drive in options, quick service, inventory, recipe building, employee time tracking and a high level of back office management features—Aldelo is truly an all in one restaurant management system.
- Reports: Live up to the minute data is something that any restaurant manager/owner wants. Aldelo does this well.
- Backend store setup (for techs like me) is very easy once you know the system. Setting up the peripherals, station-specific settings and the like - all very easy and intuitive
- Support: calling into support has always been a great experience, and perhaps the biggest sell point. I've even received help with expired support contracts. Their team is always at the ready to login or just offer the right advice driven solutions for the current support needs. Great job here!
- Credit cards: we've all seen it with the EV revolution. Once that happened, using whatever merchant/payment processor went out the window. Aldelo - to my knowledge - only integrates directly with 4 processors. They need to add a lot more than that IMHO!
- Menu setup/rollout: this can test even the most talented veterans. Depending on the menu and the modifiers - this can go easy or be an outright nightmare to setup. A more intuitive process is direly needed here.
- Inventory: Well, none of my clients use it. Make it a value addon? Just get rid of it and leave to another solution? Inventory is a job I and of itself. Most restaurants I've dealt with are way too busy and shorthanded to do this properly anyway.
Read Vin Campbell's full review
Aldelo POS is great for small to midsize single location restaurants. Unless you go with the cloud model you're limited to that. Aldelo is great for limited menus and places that do not track inventory in their POS. Once you go with a very large menu, be prepared to spend a lot of time getting it entered and working properly! Multiple stations are no problem and it runs well on older hardware too. Overall, a pretty solid system!