Algolia in San Francisco, California offers enterprise search as a service.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Am/rN/1HW4SERJTUSB.pngSearch the best search engine!Algolia is being used by our organization in specific departments. It is not being used by the entire organization. It is a strong search tool that is being leveraged across different internal and client facing products. It addresses some basic search optimization issues that would generally be resolved using complex algorithms.,It is an ultra-fast tool that can also handle typos. It is super easy to implement. It has distributed search networks and multiple data centers.,It is very expensive compared to elastic search which is relatively free. Algolia does not support iPhone and Android, unlike Sharefile and Diqify Algolia lacks the activity tracking and email integration Algolia does not have any video tutorials.,7,Algolia is very fast but also very expensive. However, the size of our organization is very huge, so cost is not much of a problem. Algolia does not support iPhone and Android. This is a major issue, which is why we were considering moving to swiftype. Since it has integration issues, we could not fully leverage the software.,Swiftype, Elasticsearch, Amazon Cloud Drive, Algolia and Quality Center (formerly HP Quality Center),Quality Center (formerly HP Quality Center), Swiftype, Tableau Online, TIBCO Spotfire, Spotfire Data Science (previously Alpine Data), Devart Excel Add-ins, MS SharePoint, MS SharePoint / SQLExactly what I was searching forAlgolia powers all of our search functionality on our browse page and from the header across the site. Specifically, we use the react instant search package with a custom hierarchical menu for category selection and react locations for location selection and the default pagination. We also use Algolia for our search auto suggestions and recommendations. We also use Algolia to solve interesting business problems and tasks such as categorizing user-generated item titles.,Extremely fast search results Very easy to set up, no maintenance needed from our side Efficient and easy to adapt ranking formula,Customising the react packages can be difficult. Easy to send an excessive amount of requests Customising ranking is restricted to prioritising factors, rather than weighting each factor individually Costs can escalate dramatically when you expand your traffic,10,Decreased SEO landing page load speeds, due to faster search results. Increased user conversion from search Reduced server costs,Elasticsearch and PostgreSQL,Sentry, Iterable, AirtableSearching for that special search platform? You've found it with Algolia.Algolia is our go-to solution for searches on our iOS app, as well as our upcoming web app. We use it to allow users to search for other users as well as pre-defined location filters that we've created. Additionally, we use it in almost all of our internal tools, whose use-cases include content moderation, customer support, analytics, etc. Every person in our company and every one of our customers uses Algolia on a daily basis.,Algolia is brain-dead simple to set up. I've implemented search with Algolia in a dozen different ways now, and it never took me longer than a few minutes to get the functionality I want. With Algolia, the only challenge is designing your search UI -- if you don't want to use their baked in UI solutions. Results come back incredibly fast. I'm not sure how Algolia does it, but every keystroke I make in a search field returns new results instantly. It's hard to believe that I'm searching large datasets on a remote server when it works so fast. Very little customization is needed for 99% of use-cases. Algolia's out of the box setup works great, and it takes no prior knowledge to set up.,Recent pricing model changes made Algolia considerably more expensive. I understand that companies change their models all the time, but my plan almost doubled in price overnight. They let me keep my legacy plan for as long as I wanted, but I had already outgrown it, so a small increase in demand caused big price spikes. It's still cheap for what it is though. The documentation is generally good, but sometimes hard to navigate. I was trying to find examples of how to combine geo-queries with normal ones, and I couldn't find an example, but it wasn't actually hard to figure out. Some of the advanced features can be hard to understand at first. This isn't really a con, as it just means Algolia is loaded with features, but I was a bit overwhelmed the first time I tried to customize an index.,10,Algolia has allowed us to make content on our app more discoverable than before. We used to have more naive search implementations, but since implementing Algolia, we've seen several metrics go up Average user session length has gone up ~25% Average items viewed per customer has increased Overall number of transactions has also gone up,,MongoDB, Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service), ReactAlgolia is fantastic and lightning fastWe implement Algolia for our clients during website, app, and software development projects. Our biggest implementation was on a large eCommerce store with accompanying mobile app. Algolia offers a more premium search experience for end users, allows us to provide access to search results that are combined from several different platforms, and is lightning quick.,Algolia is lightning quick -- the fastest we found Algolia has great tech support, tons of documentation, and many high quality ready-made plugins Algolia allows for a high degree of customization,Algolia can be a bit complex -- for smaller companies or companies without many tech resources, it may be difficult to implement and use without the help of a third party Manually manipulating search results (for specific queries having listings show up first) is a bit difficult to do without custom developing that functionality,10,Algolia was quick to implement saving on dev costs High quality tech support also sped implementation and bug fixes Reliability has helped us by not having costs associated with outages,Swiftype and Apache Solr,Shopify Plus, WordPress, AsanaAlgolia Reduces Search HeadachesAlgolia is being used site wide for customer facing search on all the Tanga Network properties. It makes it so our application developers don't have to configure or worry about configuring complicated search indexes. It allows marketing/product to tweak search results as necessary without development intervention.,Javascript/AJAX search requests from HTML clients (perfect microservice) Easy to configure indexing Dashboard of search results and performance,Customer support can be lacking at times, the development team IS in France so anything escalated takes a while to resolve Costs escalate quickly until you hit dedicated hardware Index creation can be slow,8,Sales from search are up considerably Time to fine tune search has gone down drastically Search costs up exponentially,Apache Lucene and Apache Solr,Looker, Asana, AWS Lambda
Algolia

Algolia Reviews

Algolia
Filter 11 vetted Algolia reviews and ratings
August 23, 2018

Algolia Review: "Search the best search engine!"

• It is an ultra-fast tool that can also handle typos.
  • It is super easy to implement.
  • It has distributed search networks and multiple data centers.
  • It is very expensive compared to elastic search which is relatively free.
  • Algolia does not support iPhone and Android, unlike Sharefile and Diqify
  • Algolia lacks the activity tracking and email integration
  • Algolia does not have any video tutorials.
Algolia supports platforms that are web-based and Windows phone app based, which makes it more flexible. It focuses on features like API and SSL Security. The search results provided by Algolia are super-fast and very useful. It is extremely useful in a high-speed environment where data is required at your [fingertips]. When there is complex systems involved, it does a very good job.
Rich Warren profile photo
May 23, 2018

Algolia Review: "Exactly what I was searching for"

• Extremely fast search results
  • Very easy to set up, no maintenance needed from our side
  • Efficient and easy to adapt ranking formula
  • Customising the react packages can be difficult. Easy to send an excessive amount of requests
  • Customising ranking is restricted to prioritising factors, rather than weighting each factor individually
  • Costs can escalate dramatically when you expand your traffic
Any consumer-facing business that needs instant search results for user searches. Excellent fits would be e-commerce solutions and marketplaces. If your traffic is low it is also a relatively cost-effective solution than using your own solution (e.g. elastic search). Perfect for teams that do not have the architectural knowledge to set up their own search solutions.
Read Rich Warren's full review
Eli Allen profile photo
December 15, 2017

Review: "Searching for that special search platform? You've found it with Algolia."

• Algolia is brain-dead simple to set up. I've implemented search with Algolia in a dozen different ways now, and it never took me longer than a few minutes to get the functionality I want. With Algolia, the only challenge is designing your search UI -- if you don't want to use their baked in UI solutions.
  • Results come back incredibly fast. I'm not sure how Algolia does it, but every keystroke I make in a search field returns new results instantly. It's hard to believe that I'm searching large datasets on a remote server when it works so fast.
  • Very little customization is needed for 99% of use-cases. Algolia's out of the box setup works great, and it takes no prior knowledge to set up.
  • Recent pricing model changes made Algolia considerably more expensive. I understand that companies change their models all the time, but my plan almost doubled in price overnight. They let me keep my legacy plan for as long as I wanted, but I had already outgrown it, so a small increase in demand caused big price spikes. It's still cheap for what it is though.
  • The documentation is generally good, but sometimes hard to navigate. I was trying to find examples of how to combine geo-queries with normal ones, and I couldn't find an example, but it wasn't actually hard to figure out.
  • Some of the advanced features can be hard to understand at first. This isn't really a con, as it just means Algolia is loaded with features, but I was a bit overwhelmed the first time I tried to customize an index.
Algolia is great anytime you need client search. I would never use it to do any automated tasks or anything like that, though. It's great for human use, and I don't know if anyone would ever want to use it for anything other than client-search, but Algolia knows its domain very well and solves client search more easily than any alternative I've seen.
Read Eli Allen's full review
Michael Riess profile photo
November 03, 2017

Review: "Algolia is fantastic and lightning fast"

• Algolia is lightning quick -- the fastest we found
  • Algolia has great tech support, tons of documentation, and many high quality ready-made plugins
  • Algolia allows for a high degree of customization
  • Algolia can be a bit complex -- for smaller companies or companies without many tech resources, it may be difficult to implement and use without the help of a third party
  • Manually manipulating search results (for specific queries having listings show up first) is a bit difficult to do without custom developing that functionality
Algolia provides lightning fast search results and allows you to customize and pull in results from a lot of different places. Support and reliability are top notch and I have no problem recommending it to anyone.

Smaller companies with less tech resources may find Swiftype somewhat more user friendly to implement and use, but Algolia can definitely be plug and play if you only have one platform and can just use their out of the box plugins (Shopify, WP, etc.)
Read Michael Riess's full review
November 06, 2017

User Review: "Algolia Reduces Search Headaches"

• Javascript/AJAX search requests from HTML clients (perfect microservice)
  • Easy to configure indexing
  • Dashboard of search results and performance
  • Customer support can be lacking at times, the development team IS in France so anything escalated takes a while to resolve
  • Costs escalate quickly until you hit dedicated hardware
  • Index creation can be slow
[It's] well suited when you don't want to manage search infrastructure and favor spending your development cycles on your competitive advantage.

Algolia Scorecard Summary

About Algolia

Algolia in San Francisco, California offers enterprise search as a service.