We could have gone with our own Elasticsearch…
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Algolia, and make your voice heard!
Algolia Search - Standard
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Algolia is an API platform for dynamic experiences that helps businesses maximize the speed of search and discovery, while solving the pain of relevance tuning through AI. The solution aims to make accessing the right piece of content on websites and apps faster and more intuitive.
- Algolia Search is a fully hosted API that delivers content to users in milliseconds. Developers can customize the relevance of their user experience and get insights on how users interact with it.
- Algolia Recommend is an API that allows users to build unique product recommendations into any digital ecommerce experience.
- Supported: Algolia Recommend: Related Products
- Supported: Algolia Recommend: Frequently Bought Together
- Supported: Algolia Search: Pre-built UI Libraries
- Supported: Algolia Search: Search Analytics
- Supported: Algolia Search: Query Suggestions
- Supported: Algolia Search: A/B Testing
- Supported: Algolia Search: Visual Editor
- Supported: Algolia Search: Personalization
- Supported: Algolia Search: Dynamic Re-Ranking
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
Algolia works well within organizations that have an established development team and/or outsource development/support organization. Technical dependencies can be a barrier without adequate development support.
However, for any other use case Algolia will save you a lot of time and give your business amazing full text search capabilities with minimum friction and time.
It may be less suited for small amounts of data since a simple algorithm can work just as well.
Smaller companies with less tech resources may find Swiftype somewhat more user friendly to implement and use, but Algolia can definitely be plug and play if you only have one platform and can just use their out of the box plugins (Shopify, WP, etc.)