We could have gone with our own Elasticsearch…
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Algolia, and make your voice heard!
Algolia Search - Standard
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Algolia is an API platform for dynamic experiences that helps businesses maximize the speed of search and discovery, while solving the pain of relevance tuning through AI. The solution aims to make accessing the right piece of content on websites and apps faster and more intuitive.
- Algolia Search is a fully hosted API that delivers content to users in milliseconds. Developers can customize the relevance of their user experience and get insights on how users interact with it.
- Algolia Recommend is an API that allows users to build unique product recommendations into any digital ecommerce experience.
- Supported: Algolia Recommend: Related Products
- Supported: Algolia Recommend: Frequently Bought Together
- Supported: Algolia Search: Pre-built UI Libraries
- Supported: Algolia Search: Search Analytics
- Supported: Algolia Search: Query Suggestions
- Supported: Algolia Search: A/B Testing
- Supported: Algolia Search: Visual Editor
- Supported: Algolia Search: Personalization
- Supported: Algolia Search: Dynamic Re-Ranking
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
- For the first couple of years, we saved a lot of money by not having to manage the infrastructure related to a search engine
- We have saved time using it across different features
- It has provided an easy way to deliver an important feature to our end users
- Ability to quickly improve step and order conversion within our website
- Ability to automate query suggestions enhancing user experience
- Ability to create very focused customer rules to align our UX with customer needs
- Better Conversion
- Better Go-Live Time
- Less Dev Effort
- Fast and reliable search indexes.
- Highly available service over multiple regions.
- It's too early to measure any increase in our transactions
- We have good customer feedback on the Algolia search function
- We are looking at other apps in development where we can also leverage the power of Algolia
- We have been able to review the search analytics from Algolia to make decisions on how to drive traffic more efficiently from the search page to purchase.
- Users who had abandoned our product (attributing slow search speeds as the reason) returned to us thanks to Algolia
- We used Algolia as our product's backbone to relaunch it, making it the center of all search on our platform which paid off massively.
- Considering we relaunched our product, with Aloglia functioning as its engine, we got a lot of press coverage for our highly improved search speeds.
- One negative would be how important it is to read the fine print when it comes to the technical documentation. As pricing is done on the basis of records and indexes, it is not made apparent that there is a size limit for your records or how quickly these numbers can increase for any particular use case. Be very wary of these as they can quite easily exceed your allotted budget for the product.
- Algolia is very fast but also very expensive. However, the size of our organization is very huge, so cost is not much of a problem.
- Algolia does not support iPhone and Android. This is a major issue, which is why we were considering moving to Swiftype.
- Since it has integration issues, we could not fully leverage the software.
- Decreased SEO landing page load speeds, due to faster search results.
- Increased user conversion from search
- Reduced server costs
- Algolia has allowed us to make content on our app more discoverable than before. We used to have more naive search implementations, but since implementing Algolia, we've seen several metrics go up
- Average user session length has gone up ~25%
- Average items viewed per customer has increased
- Overall number of transactions has also gone up
- Sales from search are up considerably
- Time to fine tune search has gone down drastically
- Search costs up exponentially
- Algolia was quick to implement saving on dev costs
- High quality tech support also sped implementation and bug fixes
- Reliability has helped us by not having costs associated with outages