- HIPAA compliance (10)9.696%
- Charting / document management (5)8.181%
- Templates (5)8.080%
- Workflow automation (5)8.080%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Allscripts Professional EHR, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Allscripts Professional EHR™ is a solution for small to mid-size physician practices that want to provide safer patient care, streamline operations and improve revenue. Professional works in ACOs, Patient-Centered Medical Homes and Federally Qualified Health Centers. According to the vendor, Professional is the industry’s first fully-certified 2015 edition technology enabling clinicians to meet the requirements of government initiatives such as Meaningful Use and MACRA.
According to the vendor, key features include:
Advanced CPOE—Professional EHR now tracks the history of what care providers have given in previous treatments and are able to easily repeat when applicable.
Smart lists—Users will receive patient care suggestions via Professional EHR based on patient specifics like age and symptoms. Caregivers can then filter their smart lists for diagnosis and plans based on their individual preference. SIGs for smart list medications will also be auto-populated based on patient specifics like age.
Face Sheet views—Professional EHR can sort views on the Face Sheet based on user preference. These new views include a Duplicate Diagnosis View that groups identical diagnosis codes in one view, a Problem Category View that groups diagnosis codes into like categories and a Specialty Specific Problem View that groups diagnosis codes into categories relating to specialties identified in Caregiver Options.
- Supported: HIPAA Compliance
- Supported: Facility Scheduling
- Supported: Physician Scheduling
- Supported: Automated patient check-in
- Supported: Automated appointment reminders
- Supported: Multi-location support
- Supported: Charting / document management
- Supported: Templates
- Supported: E-prescribing
- Supported: E&M Coding Advice
- Supported: Patient portal
- Supported: Speech recognition
- Supported: Dragon Integration
- Supported: Integration with other EMR and PM systems
- Supported: Meaningful Use Certified
- Supported: ONC-ATCB Certified
- Supported: Customization
- Supported: Handwriting Recognition
- Supported: Patient Flags
- Supported: Workflow automation
- Supported: Ability to Take Action from Patient Record
- Supported: Role-based permission levels
- Supported: HIPAA compliance
- Supported: Referrals
- Supported: Master Patient Index
- Imaging and laboratory results were found in Allscripts Professional EHR.
- Allscripts Professional EHR also provided emergency room history and physicals created by the emergency room physician.
- Allscripts Professional EHR also provided a conduit to discuss review results with hospital nurse case managers.
- Allscripts could use improvement with stability. Once in awhile, the software would freeze upon loading images saved from radiology or lab reports. It frequently had trouble with login credentials.
- Improve the clarity of scanned images in patient's EHR.
- Conversability with other platforms, like Cerner, Epic, and McKesson.
- Improve the way InterQual loads review platform as well as emailing hospital case manager feature.
- Electronic pharmaceutical ordering
- Ordering and documenting lab work
- Organizes data for easy reading
- Cannot order supplies like breast pumps, abdominal binders etc
- Printing ultrasound reports is difficult
- Cannot open more than 1 prenatal record or you lose data
- Ability to document an encounter with detail.
- Inter-office communications through the Inbox.
- Patient alerts and notifications are easy to view.
- Documenting an encounter is fairly bulky and does not flow well.
- The facesheet is cluttered and should be adjusted to allow the provider/staff to focus on recent information and expand on others if necessary.
- Updates always caused issues and customer support is outsourced through another country which made problem resolution a pain.
- Organized documentation templates specifically for new and established patient visits.
- Amazing customer service with real-time solutions and impressive follow-up time intervals along with friendly and knowledgeable support technicians.
- Exceptional billing module with exceeds the current industry standard.
- Difficult to obtain lab reports or imaging reports in chronic patients.
- Redundancy in ordering prescription medications leading to errors
- Incomplete data downloads of labs, reports, old notes, procedures which compromises care.
- Intuitive with documenting office visits
- Easy to navigate around the screens when researching patient information
- Able to customize lots of things throughout the program to work with requested workflows
- Documenting lab or imaging results are clunky. Without an interface, we scan in labs and imaging. There is a small, unobvious place to make a note in response to the results but then another patient message needs to be sent to the nursing staff explaining these results again with instructions on what to tell the patient.
- You cannot build a chart the day before or print out any paperwork (i.e. consents for procedures) until the day of the appointment or it gets dated for the date you opened the chart, not the actual date of encounter
- While there are so many things you can customize, it gets burdensome at times. You really need to have a superuser on staff to remember how everything gets customized. The customization is not intuitive.