Reviews (1-5 of 5)
July 24, 2017
Score 8 out of 10
- Imaging and laboratory results were found in Allscripts Professional EHR.
- Allscripts Professional EHR also provided emergency room history and physicals created by the emergency room physician.
- Allscripts Professional EHR also provided a conduit to discuss review results with hospital nurse case managers.
- Allscripts could use improvement with stability. Once in awhile, the software would freeze upon loading images saved from radiology or lab reports. It frequently had trouble with login credentials.
- Improve the clarity of scanned images in patient's EHR.
- Conversability with other platforms, like Cerner, Epic, and McKesson.
- Improve the way InterQual loads review platform as well as emailing hospital case manager feature.
Read Nicole Graves RN, CWCN's full review
Allscripts is, honestly, the only EHR system that works. The credentialing problem I mentioned earlier truly IS infrequent, and not a deal breaker.
July 18, 2017
Score 9 out of 10
- Electronic pharmaceutical ordering
- Ordering and documenting lab work
- Organizes data for easy reading
- Cannot order supplies like breast pumps, abdominal binders etc
- Printing ultrasound reports is difficult
- Cannot open more than 1 prenatal record or you lose data
Read Joanie McConnell's full review
Charting, orders, and pharmaceutical orders are well suited. Not sure where it would not be effective.
April 24, 2017
Score 1 out of 10
- Ability to document an encounter with detail.
- Inter-office communications through the Inbox.
- Patient alerts and notifications are easy to view.
- Documenting an encounter is fairly bulky and does not flow well.
- The facesheet is cluttered and should be adjusted to allow the provider/staff to focus on recent information and expand on others if necessary.
- Updates always caused issues and customer support is outsourced through another country which made problem resolution a pain.
Read Christina Onolaja's full review
I have worked at practices both small and large utilizing Allscripts and generally received the same feedback. Reporting on the data is relatively easy, but documentation in the charts is quite cumbersome and support for the product is significantly less than stellar. Providers who prefer to see a large amount of patient data at once glance may prefer Allscripts to another solution.
April 09, 2015
Score 8 out of 10
- Organized documentation templates specifically for new and established patient visits.
- Amazing customer service with real-time solutions and impressive follow-up time intervals along with friendly and knowledgeable support technicians.
- Exceptional billing module with exceeds the current industry standard.
- Difficult to obtain lab reports or imaging reports in chronic patients.
- Redundancy in ordering prescription medications leading to errors
- Incomplete data downloads of labs, reports, old notes, procedures which compromises care.
Read Zubair Ahmed's full review
Some of the key questions include functionality of the EHR in today's electronic marketplace. Also customer support ratings are important due to many ongoing difficulties previously experienced with older EHRs. Allscripts is well suited to the outpatient setting where many preformed templates provide a comprehensive overview of patients. Additionally, Allscripts' link with the imaging portal PACS is second to none.
- Intuitive with documenting office visits
- Easy to navigate around the screens when researching patient information
- Able to customize lots of things throughout the program to work with requested workflows
- Documenting lab or imaging results are clunky. Without an interface, we scan in labs and imaging. There is a small, unobvious place to make a note in response to the results but then another patient message needs to be sent to the nursing staff explaining these results again with instructions on what to tell the patient.
- You cannot build a chart the day before or print out any paperwork (i.e. consents for procedures) until the day of the appointment or it gets dated for the date you opened the chart, not the actual date of encounter
- While there are so many things you can customize, it gets burdensome at times. You really need to have a superuser on staff to remember how everything gets customized. The customization is not intuitive.
Read Debbie Haro's full review
Allscripts' multitude of choices cover a vast amount of options in order to customize to a general family practice or even a specialty practice. However, there are some specialties, such as opthamology, for which Allscripts has not created templates.
Allscripts Professional EHR Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Allscripts Professional EHR?
Allscripts Professional EHR™ is a solution for small to mid-size physician practices that want to provide safer patient care, streamline operations and improve revenue. Professional works in ACOs, Patient-Centered Medical Homes and Federally Qualified Health Centers. According to the vendor, Professional is the industry’s first fully-certified 2015 edition technology enabling clinicians to meet the requirements of government initiatives such as Meaningful Use and MACRA.
According to the vendor, key features include:
Advanced CPOE—Professional EHR now tracks the history of what care providers have given in previous treatments and are able to easily repeat when applicable.
Smart lists—Users will receive patient care suggestions via Professional EHR based on patient specifics like age and symptoms. Caregivers can then filter their smart lists for diagnosis and plans based on their individual preference. SIGs for smart list medications will also be auto-populated based on patient specifics like age.
Face Sheet views—Professional EHR can sort views on the Face Sheet based on user preference. These new views include a Duplicate Diagnosis View that groups identical diagnosis codes in one view, a Problem Category View that groups diagnosis codes into like categories and a Specialty Specific Problem View that groups diagnosis codes into categories relating to specialties identified in Caregiver Options.
Categories: Medical Office EMR & EHR
Allscripts Professional EHR Screenshots
Allscripts Professional EHR Competitors
Allscripts Professional EHR Technical Details
Frequently Asked Questions
Reviewers rate HIPAA compliance and Role-based permission levels highest, with a score of 9.6.
The most common users of Allscripts Professional EHR are from Enterprises and the Hospital & Health Care industry.