Amazon Chime Reviews

Keith Lillico, M.Ed, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 06, 2020

Great Alternative to Other Conferencing Software

Alternatives Considered

Amazon Chime product stacks up pretty much equal to the other pieces of software that we have used in the past. What drives the use of the software over the others is purely preference. My team has adapted to using this software, and now it has become what they would rather use. The features in the software are all pretty much the same.
Read Keith Lillico, M.Ed, MBA's full review
March 04, 2020

Chime In

Alternatives Considered

I believe the two products (Slack and Skype) are better suited for the situations where it is a smaller crowd. This is due to those systems being easier to chat within and collaborate in the smaller environment.
January 24, 2020

A web conferencing tool that is easy to use

Alternatives Considered

We used to use Go To Meeting/Go To Webinar for our web conferencing and AT&T Teleconferencing numbers, either separately or in conjunction with the Go To Meeting/Go To Webinar. I liked that Go To Webinar allowed people to pre-register, which gave us the opportunity to prepare. To date, we haven't been able to use Amazon Chime in that manner. However, Amazon Chime is easy to use, and integrates very easily with the Outlook calendaring feature, which is an enhancement over what we had before.
September 15, 2019

Let me Chime in!

Alternatives Considered

They are all good products, but here is why we switched:

1. UberConf. This was the first conference software we used. It used to be great, it actually had a free version that worked perfectly. Then the service started to falter, mostly lag time between user and presenter. And then, the final straw, during someone in my offices' call, you heard the words "You must upgrade to continue to use the service" and it kept going in a loop. Ridiculous.

Skype and GoTo I use when my clients want to use it. I just do not like them because you have to download software on both sides. Very annoying and can make people late for a meeting.

Jesse Bickel, MS - PMP | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 13, 2019

Amazon Chime. Industry Leading Name.. Product Potential!

Alternatives Considered

Amazon Chime WILL become an industry leader. Amazon is still behind WebEx and is gaining ground on Microsoft. The advantage Microsoft will have is the ability to embed in organizations through Office, and have that advantage over WebEx as well. We selected Amazon Chime as another platform because it aided in our support from the AWS Web Services Support Team.
Read Jesse Bickel, MS - PMP's full review
Shane Finnegan | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 12, 2018

Amazon Chime Is Not User Friendly And I Don't Recommend It

Alternatives Considered

I have used GoToMeeting, which is a major competitor to Amazon Chime, and I can confidently say that GoToMeeting is literally ten times better. We rarely have any of the issues with GoToMeeting that we do with Amazon Chime. I highly recommend GoToMeeting over Amazon Chime because your meetings and demos will go much smoother and the user interface is much cleaner.
Read Shane Finnegan's full review
December 17, 2018

AWS Chime has the right sound

Alternatives Considered

AWS Chime is very comparable to Zoom meeting. Monthly costs are usually cheaper but are variable and can fluctuate. Reporting on AWS Chime is great but needs some additional back-end set-up that could be cumbersome. Overall... ease, quality, look and set-up is very easy. Equipment required, quality and cost is what makes this a great product.
Emma McCarthy | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 28, 2018

Chime is just like Zoom, Better than UberConference

Alternatives Considered

Amazon Chime is great for call and video quality. It's pretty comparable to Zoom both in cost and capabilities. It's definitely superior to UberConference and Join.me, both of which are not particularly reliable. I have had call quality and the screen shares freeze up. Also, neither UberConference or Join.me have a video conferencing ability.
Read Emma McCarthy's full review
Perry Hahn | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 02, 2017

Amazon Chime - Communication Made Easy

Alternatives Considered

Chime and Biba are interchangeable to me, both accomplish the same task. We have transitioned to Chime as it was created by Amazon and we support Amazon, so it was an easy decision for us. I do enjoy Chime more as it just seems to work effortlessly. I would recommend it to all.
Read Perry Hahn's full review

High quality audio (13)
High quality video (13)
Low bandwidth requirements (9)
Mobile support (10)
Desktop sharing (12)
Whiteboards (2)
Calendar integration (12)
Meeting initiation (13)
Integrates with social media (4)
Record meetings / events (12)
Slideshows (9)
Live chat (11)
Audience polling (2)
6.3
Q&A (5)
User authentication (7)
Participant roles & permissions (11)
Confidential attendee list (7)

About Amazon Chime

Amazon Chime is a communications service from Amazon Web Services with a built-in VoIP solution. Amazon Chime can be used for online meetings, video conferencing, and business calling, and features pay-as-you-go pricing.

As part of Amazon Chime, Amazon Chime Voice Connector is a service that carries voice traffic over the internet and scales to meet capacity needs. This allows users to eliminate fixed telephone network costs and simplify their voice network administration by transitioning it to the AWS Cloud.

Key Features

Amazon Chime call me: With Amazon Chime call me, users simply enter their phone number in the web application and answer the incoming call to join a meeting.

Join Meetings with Alexa: Users can simply say “Alexa, start my meeting”, and Alexa gets the meeting started using Alexa for Business’s functionality with Amazon Chime.

Incoming Web Hooks: Developers can configure their applications to use incoming webhooks to post messages into Amazon Chime chat rooms.

Chat Bots: Users can create custom chat bots in chat rooms. Participants can interact directly with chat bots to provide access to corporate applications and information, and to automate common tasks.

Switch Between Devices: From the Chime application, users can switch active calls between mobile and desktop devices without interrupting the conversation.

Amazon Chime Technical Details