https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/nG/zj/HI9AD46B0758.PNGA quick cloudAlmost a year ago I discovered Amazon Cloud Drive by simple chance when I was looking for some files on the internet and when I found them I was struck by the great speed with which I could access the file. For that reason, I decided to look for the server and it was really a surprise to know what it was and even more to know the great features it has.,Very good entry speed. The music bought in the Amazon store can be stored in the cloud drive. Good storage space. The service is cheaper than other similar ones.,The number of computers that can be accessed is very low, which is a problem since several people may need to work on the same file.,8,It allows you to take all the documents with you and also access them from other places. Allows me to save time from the fact that several people can use and manipulate the same file at the same time.,DropboxAmazon, overall not bad.We use it for a our file/document sharing system, used across the entire company. Allows for access, independent of a lot of clunky systems and at reduced hardware costs. Has a high availability which is important when replacing our local storage devices.,Affordable Good availability,Speed. At times, does seem to have a throttling affect and can be slower. Especially on the upload side of things. Notifications/alert of issues. Not really quick, or informative.,8,Positive- allows us to save money on hardware maintenance, as local storage is very expensive (NAS/SAN, etc) Allows us to maintain a good availability of data.,One of the best cloud drives on the internetWe use Amazon Cloud Drive to be able to share documents and other work files as well as support marketing operations that depend on maintaining a database that can be modified with speed and agility. We use Amazon Cloud within the marketing department. It has been integrated recently across all work stations. Using Amazon's solution has increased the speed and efficiency our marketing teams are able to work and collaborate. Being able to control access to the document has also increased security while remaining compliant with the necessary compliancy we need to abide by. At the same time our reps have had an easier time adopting it and using it in their everyday operations. In terms of access you will not have an issue trying to use your server in China unlike some other competitors such as Google Cloud which leads to some issues.,Worldwide accessibility, including from China's great firewall. Highly flexible with different server options: Aurora, MariaDB, Oracle, and Microsoft SQL Server. Lengthy free trial lets you really dive deeply and explore the solutions offering and all that Amazon has to provide you with.,Monthly pricing could be a bit more competitive compared to Google. Could be a bit more flexible when it comes to granular instance configuration. Amazon rounding up will increase costs for instances when compared to competitors charging you a pro-rated fee.,9,Increased work operation efficiency Short learning curve, easily integrated Very secure with access controls,google drive and Google Cloud,Hotjar, Import.io, DigitalOcean, Samsung SSD, Adobe LiveCycle Enterprise Suite 4Easy to use cloud system with few bells and whistlesWe use Amazon cloud drive to store and share content between members of the team. It acts a useful tool in conjunction with other systems to collaborate on projects and share.,App based auto sync and sorting of photos Ease of use Accessibility across multiple devices through the use of apps and browser support,Over simplistic at times - could have some more features Possibly have the ability to lock documents to prevent further editing if using collaboratively/sharing,10,Internal document management has become much smoother More secure than internal storage solutions,Dropbox and Google Drive,Trello, Google Analytics, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2),Photo Sync - download an app and automatically store photos Sharing documents,Locking documents for editing - impossible,Yes,10Great Speed, Security, Reliability and Pricing Makes Up For Sub-Par User InterfaceWe primarily use Amazon Cloud Drive (ACD) as a backup solution for our internal work server, as well as for individual users to store rich media, such as photos, audio and video files. In my experience, for a business, ACD is one of the best solutions for cloud storage with its lightning-fast, synced backup solutions available across multiple devices, and numerous security options. Amazon Cloud Drive also integrates well with a number of our other web services, which is a huge convenience and time saver for our business.,Fast synced data across all of your devices – Desktops, Tablets and Phones. Unlimited Cloud Storage space for all of your important media, files and documents from a reputable company. Extremely helpful and friendly technical support staff who goes above and beyond when you need their help – even if the issue was a user's fault. Seamless integration for your digital files. Plays very well with other popular services.,They seem to have reduced their tiered payment options to just two, which might be difficult to swallow for first-time users. The gap between payment options jumps from $11.99 per year to $60.00 per year with no middle ground between them. A pay for what you use option (like they offer in their Amazon Web Services tool) would be nice to see. It can feel cumbersome to manage your files once they make it to the cloud. Issues with duplicate files is commonplace and a hassle to find and deal with after a file has already been uploaded. So in fewer words, better post-upload organization options would be lovely. As primarily a desktop user, I'm disappointed by how poor the experience is compared to mobile. The mobile app is speedy and intuitive, but the desktop versions, including both Windows and Mac, can be painfully slow and hard to use.,7,Amazon Cloud Drive has easily improved my personal efficiency as a digital content manager by more than 20%. The speed at which the service can upload and sync data for use on other devices is critical for my busy role. Our business' reputation for safely and securely maintaining our clients' privacy is definitely improved with Amazon Cloud Drive as a primary tool for keeping our and their information safe. It has saved us hundreds of dollars each year. Compared to other, similar services, the cost of the unlimited tier for Amazon Cloud Drive is far more affordable, which in turn improves our bottom line.,OneDrive, Google Drive and Dropbox for Business,Google Drive, Dropbox for Business, OneDrive, MS SharePoint
Amazon Cloud Drive

Amazon Cloud Drive Reviews

Amazon Cloud Drive
Filter 116 vetted Amazon Cloud Drive reviews and ratings
July 20, 2018

Amazon Cloud Drive Review: "A quick cloud"

• Very good entry speed.
  • The music bought in the Amazon store can be stored in the cloud drive.
  • Good storage space.
  • The service is cheaper than other similar ones.
  • The number of computers that can be accessed is very low, which is a problem since several people may need to work on the same file.
In general, Amazon Cloud is a pretty good cloud that may perhaps improve even more. You have 5GB starting, but if you want to buy more space you can and it is cheaper than with other similar software. You can create, like with other cloud storage providers, a folder on the computer that allows access without having an Internet connection. It also has Android, iPhone, Mac and Windows options so you can handle your files in an easier way.
Read antonio lopez's full review
March 24, 2017

Amazon Cloud Drive Review: "Amazon, overall not bad."

• Affordable
  • Good availability
  • Speed. At times, does seem to have a throttling affect and can be slower. Especially on the upload side of things.
  • Notifications/alert of issues. Not really quick, or informative.
It is still an affordable, yet easy enough solution to use. Generally decent use, despite some throttling down of speeds at certain times. Communication could be better, but generally not that need as availability is pretty good.
Read Mike Narumiya's full review
May 23, 2017

Amazon Cloud Drive Review: "One of the best cloud drives on the internet"

• Worldwide accessibility, including from China's great firewall.
  • Highly flexible with different server options: Aurora, MariaDB, Oracle, and Microsoft SQL Server.
  • Lengthy free trial lets you really dive deeply and explore the solutions offering and all that Amazon has to provide you with.
  • Monthly pricing could be a bit more competitive compared to Google.
  • Could be a bit more flexible when it comes to granular instance configuration.
  • Amazon rounding up will increase costs for instances when compared to competitors charging you a pro-rated fee.
Amazon Cloud is well suited for companies seeking an easy way to set up a secure cloud storage for your photos, files, videos, music, and more. It was also made to be accessible while on the go via mobile phones, tablets, and desktop computers. This makes it perfectly viable for business and business meetings where you have to be traveling.

It may not be appropriate for businesses on tighter budgets that are limited. There are alternatives that ooffersimilar functionality for free although limited in functionality.
November 08, 2016

Amazon Cloud Drive Review: "Easy to use cloud system with few bells and whistles"

• App based auto sync and sorting of photos
  • Ease of use
  • Accessibility across multiple devices through the use of apps and browser support
  • Over simplistic at times - could have some more features
  • Possibly have the ability to lock documents to prevent further editing if using collaboratively/sharing
As a place to personally store photos and documents I cannot fault Amazon Cloud Drive. There are better tools out there for business use, but [there are] benefits from its simplicity to not do anything overly complicated.
Read James Murphy's full review
April 14, 2016

Amazon Cloud Drive Review: "Great Speed, Security, Reliability and Pricing Makes Up For Sub-Par User Interface"

• Fast synced data across all of your devices – Desktops, Tablets and Phones.
  • Unlimited Cloud Storage space for all of your important media, files and documents from a reputable company.
  • Extremely helpful and friendly technical support staff who goes above and beyond when you need their help – even if the issue was a user's fault.
  • Seamless integration for your digital files. Plays very well with other popular services.
  • They seem to have reduced their tiered payment options to just two, which might be difficult to swallow for first-time users. The gap between payment options jumps from $11.99 per year to $60.00 per year with no middle ground between them. A pay for what you use option (like they offer in their Amazon Web Services tool) would be nice to see.
  • It can feel cumbersome to manage your files once they make it to the cloud. Issues with duplicate files is commonplace and a hassle to find and deal with after a file has already been uploaded. So in fewer words, better post-upload organization options would be lovely.
  • As primarily a desktop user, I'm disappointed by how poor the experience is compared to mobile. The mobile app is speedy and intuitive, but the desktop versions, including both Windows and Mac, can be painfully slow and hard to use.
Amazon Cloud Drive is a fantastic backup solution for storing your digital files on the web, but if you want to manage, tweak, organize or otherwise maintain those files after they have reached the cloud, the experience immediately begins to suffer. This is especially noted when major competitor products like Microsoft and Dropbox offer similar services at similar prices, but offer far better interfaces for file management.
Read Jorden Beatty's full review
June 06, 2016

Review: "Experience with yet another remote file service - Amazon Cloud Drive"

Amazon Cloud drive is not used by the entire department or company. I have been personally using it for a while. I use it as a secondary backup other than OneDrive. Some of the files that I feel are important, like official documents that do not change with time are uploaded to Amazon Cloud Drive.
  • Using amazon cloud drive, it is easy to select and upload files and folders as a whole. There is a good desktop interface that helps me select the folders that I need and then all the content of the folder can be uploaded.
  • The availability of a mobile app makes it easier to use the app from anywhere. This comes in handy when I'm in need of any documents and I do not have access to my laptop.
  • The download option present in the Amazon Cloud desktop interface is very useful. Usually in other cloud services like Google Drive, if I have to download a folder, the contents of the folder will be zipped when I receive it. However, with Amazon Cloud Drive, I can select the folder and choose the destination, and the folder along with its contents will be downloaded instead of a zip file.
  • There is no sync option present. If it was present, I could have substituted Amazon Cloud for OneDrive. I would have to reupload the new files every time I make a change.
  • The pricing for the service is too high. It doesn't stand as a long term solution to my needs. For example, I get 5GB storage for free from OneDrive, and if I need more, it would only cost me USD 2 for a month to get 50 GB of storage with OneDrive. In Amazon Cloud drive, I have to pay USD 12 per year and I get only 5 GB of files even though it allows unlimited photos.
  • Google Photos provides free unlimited photos in the cloud whereas Amazon Cloud Drive requires USD 12 a year for unlimited photos. Moreover, Google Photos can sync with the phone whereas Amazon Cloud Drive requires manual effort to upload new photos.
Amazon Cloud Drive would be well suited for long term storage but not good for daily use. This is because there is presently no sync option that I could find. Other services like Google Cloud and Microsoft OneDrive could be used to substitute this service for cheaper. One option that I could find with Amazon Cloud that I didn't see with other providers is the option to limit the bandwidth used by the app.
Read Muhammad Fazalul Rahman's full review
June 06, 2016

Amazon Cloud Drive Review: "Recommended! Well organized."

Amazon Cloud Drive is a great, well organized cloud drive compared to unorganized Google Drive. Having different categories to store different types of files is a great thing for people who do not have much time to organize and mange the sub-folders. I as a student who has many different types of files and folders can use the amazon cloud drive without having to make different categories by myself. And being able to access from mobile phones and tablets using the app is just a plus. Very very useful and recommended for everyone.
  • Very well organized and categorized.
  • Easy accessibility from many different types of electronic gadgets.
  • Fast upload and download speed.
  • The pricing is quite on the expensive side for everyone to be able to use.
Very much suited for students and businesses. Due to the pricing, it is not suited or worth it for an average user who just wants to have a cloud drive for their files. Not suggested for the top secret files and folders to be kept in the amazon cloud drive since the security is very much questionable.
Read Kaung Htet Kyaw's full review
June 02, 2016

Amazon Cloud Drive: "A short review on AWS"

I was using the Amazon cloud services as a part of my course work at RIT, in the class of database management and access. The use of Amazon cloud storage is mandatory for every student who takes this class as the database created is on the elastic compute cloud server and not on the client. This database is accessed and necessary actions are performed throughout the course. The course administrates the use of Amazon cloud as we need to store our database on a server and not on the client machine and then be able to access it from anywhere.
  • Wide range of cloud services - in the context of being able to increase the size depending on our needs dynamically.
  • Pay as you use. They charge only when your instance is up and running, other than that there is a very minimal fee for just keeping an instance in closed state.
  • Really quick response by the support team. Any problems encountered are sure to be solved quickly.
  • Launching, stopping, rebooting an instance takes a lot of time. I am not sure if this is a common scenario in the cloud services field but i think that there is a need to reduce the time taken for these things.
  • It takes time to understand the interface that Amazon provides. Since there are lots of options to choose from, Amazon should probably ask for an input in terms of need and then suggest a few options. This will make it easier for the user while selecting what type of cloud service they want to opt for. There is also no explicit mentioning of when and what the user is charged while choosing an option, I think that this is a necessary thing to be added for the benefit of the customers.
  • Mobile control over instances. As it is, it takes a long time to launch, stop or reboot an instance, but once the mechanism is quickened up, I think they need to move onto providing a mobile application which is as secure as a banking application to perform these actions.
I am not sure if it is suited in specific situations since I have not used any other cloud services. I think that the EC2 service is a good option since the space required by the user is not constant, it expands and contracts depending upon the usage. This also reduces the amount the user needs to pay for idle space.
Read venkat nitin panaganti's full review
May 31, 2016

Amazon Cloud Drive Review: "Great for general usage."

Our company uses Amazon Cloud Drive to share all of our shared documents between teams. Our developers have started using it as a repository for our generated documentation so that the relevant consuming teams can get up-to-date information whenever our internal processes publish the code and documentation. It's easy for the non-technical teams to understand and utilize.
  • Photo storage
  • API is easy to use
  • SDKs have great functionality
  • Syncing is sometimes finicky
  • Every application (Mac, Windows, iOS) is different in good/bad ways
  • Not able to add metadata to documents
It's great for just a file repo for multiple collaborators. It's not so great if you need "more than files" like notes.
Read Marcus Young's full review
May 25, 2016

Amazon Cloud Drive Review: "Amazon Cloud Is The Space You Need For All Those Photos And Videos You Have All Over The Place"

My family and I use the Amazon Cloud Drive to organize and backup all of our personal photos and videos. My wife and I have downloaded the app on our respective Iphones and it syncs every photo we take into the Amazon Cloud. Our children also have kindles so it syncs any photos they take to the Amazon Cloud. Simply put, it gathers and backs up all of our photos fairly seamlessly and easily.
  • Unlimited backup of photos and videos.
  • Syncs files across all platforms (Iphone, Windows computers, & Kindles) we use.
  • Easy to browse through photo collection.
  • The online loading times can be slow or inconsistent at times.
  • It does not have a way of dealing with duplicate photos.
  • Limited file management structure requires use of albums.
Any individual or family that has numerous pictures and many large videos files will benefit from using the Amazon Cloud. The space freedom is not matched by other file syncing services.
Read Jason Montoya's full review
June 06, 2016

User Review: "Amazon Cloud Drive"

The program is being used by myself and it gives unlimited space which i needed (for images).
  • Great service for backing up photos
  • Unlimited space for images
  • Well done web interface
  • Auto back-up feature for mobile
  • Does not offer file sync
  • Can't share folders but can share files.....
  • Does not offer scheduled backups
  • Desktop Programs fell somewhat limited
Whenever you need a storage space but don't want to use OneDrive or Google Drive, this is the best alternative cloud storage for your images. UNLIMITED!!!
Read Fareed Abolhassani's full review
August 09, 2016

Amazon Cloud Drive Review: "Cloud Drive - Another safety blanket for files"

It is being used only by my team not the whole organization. We use AWS pretty extensively, so it very well gels into it with extensive API and all the necessary files and documentations are in one place.
  • Amazon is rich in API and Amazon Cloud Drive is not an exception to it.
  • It integrates well with all our applications as we are on AWS for a long time.
  • File syncing is missing as available in Dropbox
Its a great place to store pictures and documentations, but to store real time logs, it might be less appropriate.
June 15, 2016

Amazon Cloud Drive: "A Review of Amazon Cloud Services"

Amazon Cloud Drive is being used as a general storage for miscellaneous tasks and documents coming from the project managerial sides. This is then reviewed by the engineering team as well as the project managers before user stories are created and pointed in an agile environment.
  • Easy pushing to cloud
  • Easy access to cloud
  • Prevents organization and editing by non PMs
  • No managerial aspect
  • No meta data saved with images
  • No organizational abilities due to loss of meta data
I feel like it is more so geared towards images and easy access on the fly rather than documents and managing them.
June 04, 2016

Review: "Amazon Cloud Drive: How it stacks to Google Drive"

This is really helpful to me since I can easily share my files and pick them up wherever I go. It's super helpful because I have multiple computers, and I always need to find a flash drive to put it on. Also, since you get unlimited storage, you never have to worry about cluttering your computer with unnecessary files. As a packrat, I hate having to throw away files and with the cloud that's not an issue of mine anymore.
  • This is really portable since you can also use it on your phone.
  • It's very easy to use and learn how to use so you don't have to spend unnecessary time trying to figure out how to use the software.
  • It's very easily accessible since it's right on your computer or online.
  • Honestly it's not that well advertised so not many people know about it.
  • Also, since it's Amazon people might be wary about it costing too much money when there are free resources such as Google Drive.
It is suitable all around for quick file storage. Not very useful for collaboration code projects. There are other software that's useful for that occasion.
June 03, 2016

Amazon Cloud Drive Review: "Amazon Driving the business to success"

Amazon Cloud Drive is being used by the organization in order to make sure that we always have our data available to us, along with Google's cloud solutions. It's important as a large amount of members of the team are constantly traveling around the world for business needs, and this ensure they have access to vital work information, even if they don't have access to their physical work stations.
  • Reliable, I've never had much issue with Amazon Cloud Drive being unavailable.
  • Easy to use interface, it has a simple drag and drop interface that almost makes the ACD files feel like they're part of the computer
  • Price, ACD has a much better price to space ratio than a lot of its competitors.
  • Speed, ACD can at times be slow to upload the files, when compared to services like Dropbox
  • Lack of free service, while 3 months is nice a lot of alternatives offer free space for life
Besides price concerns, I wouldn't feel ACD is any less suited than its alternatives. As long as Amazon is able to fix their speed issues and keep their same level of reliability I'm very satisfied. I believe Amazon's brand also really helps them feel professional, so I don't think there's anything that really would stop me from recommending them.

Amazon Cloud Drive Scorecard Summary

Versioning (10)
Video files (12)
Audio files (11)
Document collaboration (12)
Access control (11)
File search (13)
Device sync (13)
User and role management (12)
File organization (13)
Device management (10)
Performance (15)
Reliability (15)
Storage Reports (10)

About Amazon Cloud Drive

Amazon Cloud Drive allows users to aggregate all of their digital content, including photos and videos, in one place. The Cloud Drive is build in to Amazon devices. Users have secure access from any computer, or via their free mobile apps. Amazon Cloud Drive offers a free 3-month trial, and pricing packages based on what type of storage users seek. For $11.99/yr, users can store unlimited photos plus 5GB of videos and other files. For $59.99/yr, users can upgrade to unlimited everything (photos, videos, files, and documents).

Amazon Cloud Drive Technical Details