January 17, 2019
Score 7 out of 10
Read this authenticated review
Pros and Cons
- Amazon Cognito allows you to build multi-factor authentication with a few clicks.
- Cognito supports sign-in with social identity providers like Facebook and Google.
- It is easy to manage Cognito users through the Console.
- It is easy to customize sign-up and sign-in workflows by integrating with AWS Lambda.
- Amazon Cognito has a bit of a learning curve. You need to learn its concepts and terminology. The documentation does not describe some topics comprehensively.
- Some Console screens would benefit from improved search and filtering options.
- When another AWS product (e.g., SageMaker) configures Cognito on your behalf, it is not clear what you're getting. For example, the expiration of a temporary password was configured but never communicated.