February 04, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Read Thomas Young's full review
Pros and Cons
- Amazon SageMaker is great for visually seeing the development of machine learning models. The process is set up in a logical step-by-step process.
- Amazon SageMaker makes training data models about as easy as it gets. It's straight-forward to construct training and test samples.
- Amazon SageMaker makes deploying machine learning models much easier than other open-source tools.
- Amazon SageMaker is a great tool for a data scientist, although surprisingly, comparing different machine learning models with SageMaker is not as easy as one would think. I think Amazon needs to team up with a data scientist who does ensemble modeling.
- Because SageMaker is targeted for machine learning models, other models a data scientist might use require more effort to get them incorporated. My guess is Amazon is moving to make SageMaker a more complete tool.
- SageMaker can take a long time to run on larger data sets. That's the case with every big data science tool I've used, but SageMaker doesn't seem to be as quick as other tools.