March 30, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
We used to have ANTstein tool installed. I worked as an Intern at the company. ANTstein is RPA based automation tool which has a large data type knowledge within itself. A non-coder can easily learn this technology. The ants/bots can be made without coding and allow automation for repeated processes. The self-ruling technique of bots makes it suitable for Machine Learning and Analytics.
- First: Being accoladed by infomationweek.com as a cognitive tool for machine learning and analytics, challenges repeated tasks to complete within no time, thus called AI based RPA.
- It understands the category of data and segregates the data into structured and semi-unstructured. Thus, it helps in achieving cognitive tasks in Image and pattern recognition. OCR capabilities make it compete with other RPA in the market.
- Its business pillars lie in Business Process as a Service (BPAAS) and Technology as a Service (TAAS). I used to integrate Zoho CRM, SugarCRM and FreshSales CRM with YellowAnt bot. Oauth 2.0 and token management play an important role in Antworks.
- The best part of the Antworks is that they have queenbot™ which makes colonies and give birth to threads to work on different computers and machines to automate a single and repetitive task.
- Most of the times when performing a task on a remote machine, we have to deploy a screen recorder so that we can debug the process bu actually visualizing the workflow. There should be a remote monitoring tool on the Queen machine.
- When automating Google spreadsheets to plot regression graphs, there are cases when some cell has NaN values. ANTstein always sends an error log in the admin machine. It skips the row and we end up with a smaller amount of data. We have also made a logic for predicting the NaN values by finding the median and fillna pandas-python library. Thus, improvement in flexibility is needed.
- One should have to be familiar with the user experience of the technology or get certified to work upon. Because the tool is not so easy to learn at one go.
Read this authenticated review
Their cost is high, but it's easy to install, and getting familiar with the tool is quite fast. Compared to other tools and software, there are many other options to achieve the same business goal with very vast community support. They say Antworks can be trained with ML to extract data and process it automatically, but we find bugs daily. One of our business goals is web scraping first and then analyzing the scraped content. But many times when websites don't follow the same rule, it sends error messages and stops the process.