Reviews (1-3 of 3)
Apache CloudStack offers a solid documentation and a large community for users and developers that make troubleshooting less difficult. Is a very reliable tool for orchestration with good and simple usability.
You can deploy new virtual machines with a few clicks.
Due to big and engaged community, updates are available frequently in order to solve bugs and improve features.
Is an open-source software that is very important to build a low cost solution.
The orchestration architecture is simple. With only one server it is possible to have a cloud orchestrator, provisioning network, compute and disk. Updates are often published. User authentication can be based in SAML 2.0. This product is open source and is possible to create features as your needs. Good features can be submitted to the community to be released in next versions. Almost all functions to maintenance are available in API.
CloudStack is a simple monolithic agnostic orchestration tool that you need a couple hours to study, design and implement to have huge result, an entire IaaS experience. Because it's simple the troubleshooting is very easy and the providers can delivery a great SLA to their clients
Apache CloudStack an open source solution that allows us keep in touch with the worldwide community of contributors whose maintain its source code and working actively of creation of new functionalities, fixing bugs and helping other users solve their problems. The software also permits a quick scalability of hardware. For end users, the interface provides the experience of total control of your resources as if they had mini data-center
- New functionalities
- Fixing bugs
- Private and public clouds
- Sometimes you can find undocumented bugs
- It fails in the area where instead of making stuff that works bug free it introduces new ones with every minor or major release
- More Rigid
Whether our clients are VPS hosting providers or operate private cloud infrastructure for their internal enterprise requirements, CloudStack provides solutions in an easy to implement and operate way that is simple to provide training for.
The learning curve for our customesr adopting CloudStack for the management of their cloud infrastructure is shallow, enabling our clients to come up to speed quickly without having to outsource their administrative functions any longer than necessary
- Low-cost solution
- Engaged community
- Solid documentation
- Is a very reliable tool for orchestration with good usability
- Maintenance tools
- Less command line interventions
- Server logs not so friendly
- Upgrades are not so straightforward
- The graphical interface performance in big environments can get a little bit slow
- The software permits a quick scalability of hardware.
- For end users, the interface provides the experience of total control of their resources as if they had a mini data center.
- Allow us to set resource limits and quotas for user accounts.
- VPN site-to-site allows interconnection between the cloud environment and the client local data center.
- VPC feature allow interconnection between two or more user accounts without the need to internet routing.
- Sometimes you can find undocumented bugs that can compromise the entire infrastructure.
- [If] you don't have an official support channel, you have try to find out the source of the problem by yourself.
- Volume size limitation. Other players allow you to create volumes up to 64TB while ACS allows only 2TB volumes
CloudStack Scorecard Summary
What is CloudStack?
CloudStack Technical Details