Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of HBase, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Hbase cannot be replaced for traditional databases as it cannot support all the features, CPU and memory intensive. Observed increased latency when using with MapReduce job joins.
My preferred use case is for storing data points like time series or data produced by sensors.
I often use HBase when I need data available immediately and I am not looking for transactions. This is a great store for really wide tables with tons of columns. It is also great if you are not sure what type of data you are going to have. It really excels at sparse data.
- What is the application's inherent need? Does this component fit well in the design?
- Does it provide high data security?
- How does it assure there is no data loss?
- How can I make sure it is a highly available system, and no downtime for customer?
- Does it give me the best linear scalability?
- What kind of tuning parameters does it allow the user to configure?
- How does it stack up against other NoSQL variants on features, scalability, ease of use/contribute to and maturity of product?
- What throughput can it attain under different kinds of workloads?