Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of HBase, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Positive: Open source, easy to use, good to store big data.
- Negative: SQL functionalities are not available.
- More memory utilization
- More troubleshooting
- As Hbase is a noSql database, here we don't have transaction support and we cannot do many operations on the data.
- Not having the feature of primary or a composite primary key is an issue as the architecture to be defined cannot be the same legacy type. Also the transaction concept is not applicable here.
- The way data is printed on console is not so user-friendly. So we had to use some abstraction over HBase (eg apache phoenix) which means there is one new component to handle.
- Negative ROI has been on hardware usage. When used frequently, we have had constant disk failures. As a result, it requires HDD replacements.
- But with disk failures, HA is available, however, to a certain extent.
- Large datasets helped causality issues to be mitigated.
- It supports the near real-time use cases when integrated with Spark Streaming.
- It helps to store huge volume of records with consistent reads/writes.
- Maintenance is the pain point as it requires some maintenance and monitoring of regional servers and nodes
- It is affordable, so it saves money
- It scales, so it allows for storage of everything, saving valuable data
- It removes the need for expensive proprietary data stores
- It saves money by allowing for offload from expensive RDBMS and paid storage
- We were able to scale our application from 5TB running in a relational database to 20TB on top of HBase
- Application availability was always high even with half of the nodes having hardware issues
- HBase can be used with standard mechanical harddrive storage. There's no need for fancy SAN or NAS storage with HBase which is almost always expensive.
- Facilitates building of UI tools that provide valuable business insights
- Easy to understand the underlying data model and find engineers to leverage and operate it.
- Easy to look up related issues and corresponding solutions to handle those issues.
- Good ROI
- Highly available
- Faster data insights
- Better customer service