January 25, 2019
Score 7 out of 10
Read Thomas Young's full review
Pros and Cons
- Apache Spark makes processing very large data sets possible. It handles these data sets in a fairly quick manner.
- Apache Spark does a fairly good job implementing machine learning models for larger data sets.
- Apache Spark seems to be a rapidly advancing software, with the new features making the software ever more straight-forward to use.
- Apache Spark requires some advanced ability to understand and structure the modeling of big data. The software is not user-friendly.
- The graphics produced by Apache Spark are by no means world-class. They sometimes appear high-schoolish.
- Apache Spark takes an enormous amount of time to crunch through multiple nodes across very large data sets. Apache Spark could improve this by offering the software in a more interactive programming environment.