Reviews (1-5 of 5)
December 22, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
Used by the whole third party partner organization. Our main use cases for the product are for security purposes and easy parameter changes in the middle of the request as Apigee Edge can handle this for us. It also provides a way to secure our APIs i.e. using 1-way or 2-way TLS, and OAuth among others.
- Security - Allows us to secure our APIs. Through OAuth and TLS
- Request & Response Handling - We can modify the response and adjust it depending on the needs of the organization that needs it without changing the backend services.
- Load Balancing - Allows us to target different server endpoints easily and even on a per deployment environment basis.
- Intellisense - Please add intellisense support for ease of use when coding.
- Documentation - Elaborate more on the specifics about the functions of policies and their parameters.
Read Joshua Cariño's full review
Well suited for securing our APIs especially implementing OAuth. It also allows us to balance load across servers and at the same time would allow us to have at least one server connected to up and running in case one is down. Securing credentials for our partner companies is easy as app creation is just a few clicks away.
We are using Apigee as an API gateway. The business decision to use Apigee was for it to manage token minting and routing requests from UIs to our APIs.
Read Tim Gragg's full review
- Only one user can be active in a proxy at a time
- No version control
- Prohibited from using JSON.stringify on Apigee objects (tokens)
- Debugging is difficult
- Unable to rename or delete policies without bumping revision
- Why would anyone give a js policy one name, display name something else, and script a different name?
- 'Trace' limited to only 20 transactions
- UI allows users to add target servers, but users must utilize the api to turn on SSL.
- I'm sure there's more, they just aren't coming to mind right now.
- Apigee forgets (expires?) your password at random intervals without notice. Every few weeks, or days, sometimes even three times in one day, I'll attempt to login to Apigee and my password will be 'wrong'. I've reset my password and Apigee still claims it's wrong. I've had to reset my password three times before it finally let me log back in.
We are using Apigee across our organization for designing APIs. It helps us to segregate the quota based allocation to our consumers and has inbuilt features like OAuth based authentication. The console and the easy way to use a policy in Apigee are also great.
- Better exception handling with the Raise exception policies help to monitor the flow by setting up the flow conditions.
- Easy development of a Proxy and APIs with much less tutoring and helps make getting started for new users easy.
- Very good documentation and blog with details of most common failures and error handling.
- A very very easy to use console.
- Apigee should allow you to trace the APIs for a longer duration. Currently, it does not trace more than 20 API calls and it is difficult to trace a particular scenario in production where the volume would be in millions.
- Apigee should include cloud provider integration which would help many users to easily include several tools with it.
- Java script debugging is very hard in current console and dose not include any tracing and console logs. This could be improved.
Read Srinivas Rao Cheeti's full review
Apigee has been great when managing the quota based access to the APIs. It is really good and suitable when considering proxying the in-house server endpoints access with the way it provides security with API Key validation and OAuth.
SFO uses Apigee to manage and distribute its data services. Apigee will be the gateway for app developers, vendors and other interdepartmental staff to access SFO's APIs. Apigee allows SFO to standardize how it services data to interested parties. In the future, we aspire to have Apigee as the only place to share our data services.
- Manage user access, we can allow specific access to users based on their need and even customize requests of services based on user requirements.
- Allow branding, so that SFO can maintain its look and feel but still get the support and functionalities we need from Apigee.
- Integrates well with other platforms we use.
- Documentation could be better, as our system's department had some trouble following it.
- Naming convention.
Read Astha Karki's full review
Apigee has worked well for us to digitize the enterprise and share services readily to any interested party. It works very well for third party integration to provide services on multiple platforms. It is great product for expanding your enterprise's horizon and being involved in the digital world of today.
My organization, being a partner with APIGEE, consults for the potential clients who look for opportunities to implement an API mgmt solution. I make recommendations based on their current infrastructure, goals and budgeting aspects.
- Excellent User interface for developers and non-technical people.
- Support for cloud infrastructure as well as on-prem is equally good.
- Flexibility to choose from different Apigee products is good.
- Support for IoT solutions is good.
- Might need to bring in more features that a gateway performs, such a orchestration to some extent.
- May seem to be costly at start for small scale enterprises.
Read this authenticated review
For most of the cases, APIGEE proves to be an excellent addition to the infrastructure to implement and expose data via APIs.
Apigee Edge Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Apigee Edge
Apigee Edge is an API management platform now owned and offered by Google, since Google acquired Apigee in 2016.
Categories: API Management
Apigee Edge Technical Details