Looking for a Free ASO Tool? App Annie is Free, However, Extremely LimitedWe currently use App Annie as a free tool for our organization to track keyword rankings, DAUs & MAUs, and the breakdown of users and app store conversion rates so we can compare to similar tools such as AppFollow and the respective App Stores. Our internal marketing department uses App Annie to compare app data sources and understand reliable metrics. App Annie solves problems with app store data discrepancies - specifically download volumes and conversion rates across countries.,App Annie connects to 3rd party paid media and ad revenue platforms extremely well. The data across our Facebook Ads and Apple Search Ads matches exactly with App Annie pulls in. This is extremely important as this helps us determine CPI and cost-per-lead from those sources with App Annie. Servicing clients from multiple parts of the world, it's important to know how our app is performing outside the US App Store. With App Annie, we are able to see where our app ranks in each country's respective store and if our app is trending upward or downward. Most ASO keyword tools only offer 20-30 free keywords. App Annie provides 100 free keywords if you are on the free plan. This is extremely helpful to be able to track important keywords for iOS and Android, along with looking into other countries.,App Annie is extremely limited if you are on the free plan. While you can garner some golden nuggets from the free plan, it's extremely difficult to make needle moving decisions based on the free data. It would be great if App Annie would disclose pricing on their website, plus have a non-free/enterprise plan were you could pick and choose features they offer. After nearly considering a paid plan with App Annie, I decided not to purchase because of the broken trust that stemmed from their sales team. I often got cold-calls from their reps - even when I never contacted them for a sales member to call me. I was bombarded for about 2 weeks straight with phone calls and hard-core sales emails with just asking to talk, no questions or personalization. This cold, unwanted and unwelcome outreach solidified my decision not to purchase.,3,App Annie has had neither a positive nor negative impact on our ROI or business objectives. Our team currently uses their free, very limited plan for data discrepancy with our main ASO tool. Otherwise, we have connected our apps and let the data flow in. We go in the account about once every 2-3 months. With App Annie's data we have solidified that our other paid ASO tool we use has accurate data and that we will continue to pay for that tool. So in that regards, App Annie's provided us with a confirmation in our competitor ASO tool purchase decision.,AppFollow,Facebook for Business, InVision, Firebase, Serpstat, Unbounce, Google Search ConsoleApp Annie UserThis is a product that mostly our news department uses, but as the research director, I also use it to acquire analytics data for our sales department to use when working with paying clients who advertise on our apps.,The visuals in the platform are easy to read and understand and make it simple to understand the data you are looking at. I find that the data in App Annie is very reliable in terms of the number of downloads we see on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. It gives me the ability to integrate the data here with other analytics and provide viewers and consumers good solid information on our performance.,I do think there are quite a few side bar options when you first login to the software. I'd like to see the features maybe more condensed. For us, it would be super useful to see more zip code or county level data in the software. I would like to see a PDF version offered in the export options. It would make the presentation of the chart data more appealing.,5,Since I'm not a purchaser of the product, only a user, I can't really speak to the ROI. I do think it serves a purpose and we are able to get some usable data from it. I think until we add other analytical software, this was a great starting point.,,Google Analytics, MatrixApp Annie Saves the Day for Analytics!Everyone on the marketing team uses App Annie on a daily basis because we have both an Android app and an Iphone app. In order to keep track of what our analytics are for each platform we have to log into iTunes connect and the Google Developer console every day, whereas with App Annie, we only have to log into our dashboard once (actually it stays logged in which is nice), and then check out all of our data there.,Download analytics Store rankings Countries downloaded in Keyword search effectiveness,I'd like to be able to see where our downloads come from Would be great to see if people are sharing our app Not sure there is much else to improve on,10,Increased efficiency Better spreadsheets Better understanding of target markets,itunes,Google Analytics,10
App Annie

App Annie Reviews

App Annie
Filter 13 vetted App Annie reviews and ratings

Sam Lepak profile photo
March 11, 2019

Review: "Looking for a Free ASO Tool? App Annie is Free, However, Extremely Limited"

• App Annie connects to 3rd party paid media and ad revenue platforms extremely well. The data across our Facebook Ads and Apple Search Ads matches exactly with App Annie pulls in. This is extremely important as this helps us determine CPI and cost-per-lead from those sources with App Annie.
  • Servicing clients from multiple parts of the world, it's important to know how our app is performing outside the US App Store. With App Annie, we are able to see where our app ranks in each country's respective store and if our app is trending upward or downward.
  • Most ASO keyword tools only offer 20-30 free keywords. App Annie provides 100 free keywords if you are on the free plan. This is extremely helpful to be able to track important keywords for iOS and Android, along with looking into other countries.
  • App Annie is extremely limited if you are on the free plan. While you can garner some golden nuggets from the free plan, it's extremely difficult to make needle moving decisions based on the free data. It would be great if App Annie would disclose pricing on their website, plus have a non-free/enterprise plan were you could pick and choose features they offer.
  • After nearly considering a paid plan with App Annie, I decided not to purchase because of the broken trust that stemmed from their sales team. I often got cold-calls from their reps - even when I never contacted them for a sales member to call me. I was bombarded for about 2 weeks straight with phone calls and hard-core sales emails with just asking to talk, no questions or personalization. This cold, unwanted and unwelcome outreach solidified my decision not to purchase.
App Annie is well-suited if the main source of your revenue is through ad networks, you perform a lot of Facebook and Apple Search Ads, and you are in multiple countries' app stores. App Annie is well-suited, too, if you are looking for a free app tool to pull in app store keyword data, and compare across other ASO tools. Apart from that, if you are not looking to pay for an App Store tool, then App Annie is not the solution for you.
Read Sam Lepak's full review
November 16, 2018

User Review: "App Annie User"

• The visuals in the platform are easy to read and understand and make it simple to understand the data you are looking at.
  • I find that the data in App Annie is very reliable in terms of the number of downloads we see on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
  • It gives me the ability to integrate the data here with other analytics and provide viewers and consumers good solid information on our performance.
  • I do think there are quite a few side bar options when you first login to the software. I'd like to see the features maybe more condensed.
  • For us, it would be super useful to see more zip code or county level data in the software.
  • I would like to see a PDF version offered in the export options. It would make the presentation of the chart data more appealing.
I would think for basic level app activity, this would be a great software. For more complex level data, I don't think this platform serves as well as others out there that are available.
Jason Sherman profile photo
August 08, 2014

User Review: "App Annie Saves the Day for Analytics!"

• Download analytics
  • Store rankings
  • Countries downloaded in
  • Keyword search effectiveness
  • I'd like to be able to see where our downloads come from
  • Would be great to see if people are sharing our app
  • Not sure there is much else to improve on
I've been recommending it to everyone I know who owns a tech startup because it is crucial to understand the data for your apps, and App Annie makes it really easy to keep track of everything and export a CSV to view and save in Excel for further exploration and projections.
Read Jason Sherman's full review