Reviews (1-25 of 65)
- the ability to create sandboxes
- refresh data from prod to sandbox
The pros of Appian are:
- no limit on API calls
- great professional services teams
- easy to get support when there is an issue
- ability to customize things like adding a VPN and connections to external databases
- Service Now and BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite
- XTRAC. and K2
We have evaluated three products, Like K2, XTRAC. Some of the key highlights are: Whilst XTRAC participated in the POC, it was mutually agreed that XTRAC does not support the extended BPM requirements which form the must-have core platform process requirements. XTRAC, therefore, did not continue with the POC.
Appian has shown to be ahead of other BPM tools in extending beyond traditional BPM capabilities and seeking to fully maximise efficiency through the linking of the process to the data, and by providing the out-of-the-box data-centric architecture. Appian web pages are fully configurable to show the complete data record in an intuitive, unified user interface.
Appian understood the problem we were trying to fix, and their response answered the majority of our concerns about how to solve the problems for the business customer by using and re-using information.
Other providers could do some parts of the functionality needed, or offered to build the prototype from scratch, or couldn't meet our timeframes (due to length of delivery or lack of resources). Some of the respondents missed the point entirely and simply did not meet the requirements we set.
Another factor was the cost estimate presented by the respondents - Appian was not the cheapest, but they were definitely not wildly expensive (unlike a couple of other respondents)!
Appian Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Appian provides a software development platform that combines Full-Stack Automation and enterprise low-code to rapidly deliver business applications. The vendor boasts many of the world’s largest organizations are using Appian to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk and compliance. They further state that Appian runs some of the most important processes at the world’s best companies, like Barclays, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Aviva, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, and the US Department of the Treasury.
In Appian users don’t code an application, but draw it -- like a flowchart. The vendor cites Forrester, who says Appian is 10-20x faster than regular development. This approach is called ‘low-code’.
Appian can be used to write new apps from scratch, or to integrate and enhance legacy applications already in place. Users don’t have to migrate data to use Appian, as the vendor states Appian plays well with existing systems.
Appian Videos (11)
- Enterprise Checklist: Pave The Path To Digital Prowess With Low-Code Platforms
- The BPM Guide: Accelerating Digital Transformation
- The Case Management Guide
- Appian Product Overview
- Appian Premier Support
- Deliver Customer Experience Excellence
- Appian for Employee Experience
- Appian Intelligent Contact Center™ Platform
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Appian Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|