Apple iCloud is a document management software offering from Apple. It includes features such as access to music, photos, calendars, contacts, and documents, and it is built into every new iOS device.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/YY/nO/8LKL3FT20VFD.jpegiCloud: Fantastic cloud storage for a single userOur org relies heavily on Dropbox for shared document collections, but most of the team members are Mac users, and iCloud's seamless file syncing between a single user's iOS MacOS devices has been a really useful addition to the mix. Most of us use iCloud to store and archive files created by compatible applications, then move things to DropBox if they're "done" and need to be accessed by multiple team members. In a few situations, we've used the collaborative authoring tools that Apple's free productivity apps provide (multiple users working on the same Keynote file in the leadup to a large meeting, for example).,Zero set up integration with Apple and many third-party apps. MacOS and iOS document sharing is smooth to the point of being effortlessness. Enough storage on the "free" tier that many team members can get by without an upgrade.,Weak to non-existent shared multi-user storage. i.e. "Here's a shared collection of presentations we all use". Built-in iCloud support on an app-by-app basis is necessary to achieve "super seamless" workflow. Without that, it's just Apple's brand of a cloud-synced folder.,8,Because the free-tier of iCloud is baked into MacOS and iOS, most of our team use it without even thinking about it. It solves the simplest case of cross-device syncing really well. Trying to replace DropBox with it is a no-go because of the incredibly limited collaboration features. If some future "Enterprise iCloud" tier with good multi-user support rolls out, it might be a better match.,Dropbox, Dropbox Business and Box,OmniGraffle,8,10It's Not Stormy For Apple iCloudI use Apple iCloud for most of my company files. Mainly the files that I may need to access when I am away from the office. I have found it is an excellent business tool and has given me the flexibility I desire so I can be out of the office and still maintain access to just about anything I would want from my office computer. The files I need for mobile access are all automatically filed under my Apple iCloud folder, therefore, I don't even have to worry about making a decision where to file something or if I would want access to it later.,Efficiency. Apple iCloud can be set up to automatically place your files for mobile access. I have needed to access a file from my office computer countless times and iCloud has made that possible. Security. I know security is always an issue and I have never felt that any of my files have been compromised. I believe Apple has a reputation to uphold and works hard to maintain secure cloud-based storage. Multi-platform. I use Apple iCloud on my devices, my personal Mac computer and my Windows based office computer. I love how I can save or retrieve a personal or work file at any time on any of my devices.,Price. As much as I love the overall functionality of Apple iCloud, the price I pay is fairly steep in comparison and amount of storage. Web Interface is below par. I don't even try to create new files from the web with iCloud. Much easier from a device and then use iCloud just for storage.,9,Mobility. Apple iCloud along with other online storage options has given me the ability to access files and data while away from my office. Security. I don't worry about security with my files in Apple iCloud. Of course, I don't generally store highly sensitive files in the cloud. Simplicity. I can set up my file folders so that when I know I will need access to certain types of files away from my office, I save time with decision making or moving the files later when I may need to take a trip or visit a client.,OneDrive and Google Drive,Adobe Acrobat DC, OneNote, Malwarebytes,9,9Apple iCloud saves time when using classroom tech!!I use Apple iCloud daily in my teaching to easily log into applications and websites. My students are young and they often have no memory of their usernames and passwords, let alone the knowledge of what they are for. Apple iCloud allows me to create logins for all of my students that are secure by suggesting passwords for new sites and applications. It also remembers these passwords and usernames for my students and auto fills them. I also love that frequent websites are saved. This saves me so much classroom time when I am trying to use iPads for a student project. It makes the process so much easier!,Username and password storage Secure password suggestions Safari browser memory,Difficult to set up the first time Does not remember browser settings within google chrome (many websites function best with google chrome) Works better on mobile,9,Minutes saved in the classroom have been priceless Critical password information saves time and increases school security We still need to use google for document sharing,Google Drive,Google Drive, Veracross, NextGen Healthcare Clinical Care Solutions (including MediTouch)LOVE!Apple iCloud makes it very easy to have all my files and documents in one place so I'm able to work remotely on any machine. It's also handy to have all these files in one place in case something happens to our computers or equipment, that we have a reliable backup.,Convenient! So easy to access files anywhere! Affordable. iCloud is a very competitively priced cloud service. Speed. I don't have any issues with load time—all my files are right there, right away.,Tutorials may be helpful. I'm sure that I'm not utilizing all its features. The interface on desktops seems a little elementary—could use some updates. Mail integration could be easier.,9,Great for working remotely Increased efficiency Great amount of storage for price,Box and Dropbox,Vonage Business Cloud, Buffer, Microsoft 365 Business,9,10Cloud Storage and Device Management All in OneI want to start this review off by saying that I am not an Apple fan. That being said, I do not hate the product, in fact, it has saved my tail on at least one occasion. I have also seen $400 devices turned into a paperweight because they were locked to an iCloud account and unable to be recovered. I am an IT Supervisor at my company. All of the management that I support have iPhones as their company phone, and a few have iPads. The feature of iCloud(and any cloud software) that jumps out is that all of your documents, photos, music, and videos are accessible from any device. This is great for when someone has a meeting, and has a presentation on their phone and need to pull it up on a PC so that it can be projected.,Provides a cost-effective way to store big data Gives the user access to all of their files, on any device anytime and anywhere Provides added security to mobile devices.,My biggest gripe is the difficulty of resetting your password. More on this later in the review. More data could be provided for free (Apple gives you 5G, Google gives you 15G) Customer support is basically non-existent.,8,Positive: I have saved a very important document on a device that crashed, and I believed lost but upon logging into iCloud, there it was. Positive: easy to change devices and have all of your files. Negative: I have 4 devices that are unusable from termed employees that used their business emails to log in, and left without removing them from their iCloud. Apple customer support was no help at all.,Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive,Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Connect, Zoom, Cisco Data Center Network Manager, Oracle API Platform Cloud,8,9
Apple iCloud

Apple iCloud Reviews

Apple iCloud
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 387 vetted Apple iCloud reviews and ratings

Jeff Eaton profile photo
February 21, 2019

Apple iCloud Review: "iCloud: Fantastic cloud storage for a single user"

Our org relies heavily on Dropbox for shared document collections, but most of the team members are Mac users, and iCloud's seamless file syncing between a single user's iOS MacOS devices has been a really useful addition to the mix. Most of us use iCloud to store and archive files created by compatible applications, then move things to Dropbox if they're "done" and need to be accessed by multiple team members.

• Zero set up integration with Apple and many third-party apps.
  • MacOS and iOS document sharing is smooth to the point of being effortlessness.
  • Enough storage on the "free" tier that many team members can get by without an upgrade.
  • Weak to non-existent shared multi-user storage. i.e. "Here's a shared collection of presentations we all use".
  • Built-in iCloud support on an app-by-app basis is necessary to achieve "super seamless" workflow. Without that, it's just Apple's brand of a cloud-synced folder.
iCloud is at its best when a single user has multiple devices and uses the same apps on all or most of those devices. Keynote, Pages, IA Writer, MindNode, and other "fully integrated with iCloud" apps are great examples of how easy it can be.

It's less compelling when multiple users need a shared file repository — we just use Dropbox in that situation, and it's a good compliment.

It's also less valuable when the apps being used don't directly integrate with iCloud. The valuable cross-OS integration when switching from Mac to iOS and back is much clunkier in those situations. Kick the tires using the free iCloud features before depending too heavily on it.
Read Jeff Eaton's full review
Jeff Henkel profile photo
February 08, 2019

User Review: "It's Not Stormy For Apple iCloud"

• Efficiency. Apple iCloud can be set up to automatically place your files for mobile access. I have needed to access a file from my office computer countless times and iCloud has made that possible.
  • Security. I know security is always an issue and I have never felt that any of my files have been compromised. I believe Apple has a reputation to uphold and works hard to maintain secure cloud-based storage.
  • Multi-platform. I use Apple iCloud on my devices, my personal Mac computer and my Windows based office computer. I love how I can save or retrieve a personal or work file at any time on any of my devices.
  • Price. As much as I love the overall functionality of Apple iCloud, the price I pay is fairly steep in comparison and amount of storage.
  • Web Interface is below par. I don't even try to create new files from the web with iCloud. Much easier from a device and then use iCloud just for storage.
If you own devices on a multi-platform of Windows and Mac, iCloud is a great storage option. First, you do get some free storage when you own an Apple device. Second, if you own an Apple mobile device, you can place whatever file folders you desire under the iCloud folder and have mobile access. I have never owned anything but an Apple iPhone so I wouldn't know about access for Android.
Read Jeff Henkel's full review
Michelle Kelly profile photo
December 18, 2018

Review: "Apple iCloud saves time when using classroom tech!!"

• Username and password storage
  • Secure password suggestions
  • Safari browser memory
  • Difficult to set up the first time
  • Does not remember browser settings within google chrome (many websites function best with google chrome)
  • Works better on mobile
Apple iCloud is well-suited for people with many passwords who need an easy way to store them. Apple iCloud could improve its security, or at least how it informs its customers of security. If my Apple iCloud is hacked, then my passwords are available for anyone.
Read Michelle Kelly's full review
Emily Hammell profile photo
February 21, 2019

Apple iCloud Review: "LOVE!"

• Convenient! So easy to access files anywhere!
  • Affordable. iCloud is a very competitively priced cloud service.
  • Speed. I don't have any issues with load time—all my files are right there, right away.
  • Tutorials may be helpful. I'm sure that I'm not utilizing all its features.
  • The interface on desktops seems a little elementary—could use some updates.
  • Mail integration could be easier.
I love being able to access the documents on my laptop and phone from anywhere.
Read Emily Hammell's full review
Michael Timms profile photo
February 16, 2019

Apple iCloud Review: "Cloud Storage and Device Management All in One"

• Provides a cost-effective way to store big data
  • Gives the user access to all of their files, on any device anytime and anywhere
  • Provides added security to mobile devices.
  • My biggest gripe is the difficulty of resetting your password. More on this later in the review.
  • More data could be provided for free (Apple gives you 5G, Google gives you 15G)
  • Customer support is basically non-existent.
iCloud is well suited in many different business and corporate environments, but, in my opinion, the users need to be fairly tech savvy. See, the issue with iCloud arises because a certain subset of users will create an iPhone when they first set up their new company iPhone, then never use it again. This is fine until they need to change phones, then suddenly they can't remember their password or the phone number that is tied to it so that it can be reset, and believe me I speak on this with these exact experiences.
Read Michael Timms's full review
Ravinder Gupta profile photo
February 16, 2019

Apple iCloud Review: "Great for Apple Ecosystem. Good Pricing options."

We have around forty Macintosh Servers and our IT staff uses company provided iPhones. We use Apple iCloud on all of these devices. Apple iCloud has a slick app and web interface. I like the fact that it is compatible with Windows, MacOS and iPhone devices, although it is not available on the Android platform. We use it for seamless file syncs across devices. We have bought the $9.99 per month plan for 2TB storage, which is enough for our current needs.
  • File sync across devices is great and seamless.
  • It works great for Apple's three platforms: iOS, Mac OS and Watch OS.
  • Provides free 5GB cloud storage when you buy an Apple phone or computer.
  • Ability to access your cloud files through a web interface. However, it lacks the ability to search through the web interface.
  • It nags for upgrading the storage if you have free limited 5 GB storage.
  • It is not available on the Android platform, which is a bummer if you want to access your files on an Android device.
  • It is not truly cross-platform and is more suitable for the Apple ecosystem.
  • Collaborative editing on iCloud is not good.
  • Sharing files on iCloud with friends and co-workers is only possible through email attachments. This is a limitation as compared to some other popular vendors who provide sharing through links and having an expiration time on the shared permissions.
If someone is dedicated to the Apple ecosystem and doesn't need too much collaborative editing, I would recommend Apple iCloud. But for the other needs like cross-platform, collaborative editing, I would recommend other cloud products like Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive.
Read Ravinder Gupta's full review
Sarah Bandy profile photo
February 15, 2019

User Review: "Apple iCloud - a Less Good Google Docs"

Apple iCloud is being used primarily by department - we use it to store documents, pictures, text, brainstorms, and notes on our personal devices, then share throughout the department to a second party site such as Google Docs or Dropbox. It's a really useful tool to be able to keep large amounts of data in multiple places for safekeeping.
  • Apple iCloud is great at storing personal data across networks.
  • The best thing about iCloud is how you can access your files remotely, regardless of what device you physically have with you.
  • iCloud is easy to organize and maintain.
  • The storage amount does seem to run out quickly, and then you have to buy additional storage.
  • It would be nice to be able to transfer and store larger files without having to dive in and pay monthly.
  • The ability to store things more affordably for non-profit organizations would really help us budget-wise.
Honestly, we end up using Google Docs a lot more often than we use Apple iCloud because of the sheer ease of organization and instant link to our team email addresses. iCloud is suited well for being able to access your data remotely, but Google Docs has the same functionality and there is never a charge. It does what it sets out to do well, though.
Read Sarah Bandy's full review
Matt Heerema profile photo
February 15, 2019

Apple iCloud Review: "iCloud a delightful and necessary part of a Mac user's experience"

We use iCloud across our entire team. I also use it for personal applications. We use several file sharing and collaboration platforms, but as an all-Mac shop, iCloud is the best for in-house sharing. Various Mac and iOS apps that use iCloud for syncing data and file sharing also work extremely well with it.
  • File sharing - since its recent updates to allow you to share any type of file and access the whole file system through Finder on Mac and an app in iOS, iCloud is becoming the easiest to use file sharing and collaboration app in our toolkit.
  • Document collaboration: iWork apps and Handoff make document collaboration extremely easy across our organization. I even am able to use it with non-Mac users via their iWork in iCloud apps.
  • Handoff - the ease of transitioning between devices (handheld, desktop, laptop) has been extremely useful for client presentations and on-the-fly capturing of ideas.
  • Sharing interface - the sharing interface is a little bit clunky (relative to most Mac apps) at the moment, it is sometimes difficult to tell whether the sharing functionality is working properly.
  • Windows integration - as a Mac-first platform, windows users may find working with iCloud to be difficult. iCloud is perfect for mac-only environments, but will not be as ubiquitous as Google Suite until this improves.
For Mac users, this is a no-brainer. For Windows users, my counsel would be "get a Mac" - A Windows user's software/hardware experience is going to be inherently inferior to a Mac user's experience. Sharing and collaboration workflows between Mac/iOA users on Mac apps are near perfect.
Read Matt Heerema's full review
Shawngela Pierce profile photo
February 14, 2019

Apple iCloud Review: "Mac Users, Get iCloud!"

Apple iCloud makes it easy to sync videos and photos taken on my iPad to my Mac laptop. The photos and videos are readily available for me to edit and share to social media. iCloud is also used to sync documents that I work on with my iPad to my laptop as well. I never miss a beat when editing a presentation from one device to another.
  • Documents are synced almost instantaneously.
  • Photo sharing
  • Backup feature
  • I have an old Mac so it takes a little longer than I like for my photo library to load.
  • Base storage is very limited, which requires you to purchase more space.
  • Transfer of files is very slow for large file sizes.
Apple iCloud is well suited for a business or person that has several Apple devices. I use several so being able to sync all of them is a crucial benefit for me. As far as I know, you can not have an Apple iCloud account, unless you have a Mac product. As a result, it is not suited for non-Apple users.
Read Shawngela Pierce's full review
Jevgenijs Steinbuks profile photo
December 12, 2018

Apple iCloud Review: "Great cloud solution for Apple devices"

Our organization uses Apple iCloud for storage and synchronization of documents and applications on Apple / IOS compatable devices used in the field work (e.g., data collection using ipads). However, most of the hardware in our organization has MS Windows as main operating system, so primary use of Apple iCloud is restricted to several Departments (e.g., Data Group).
  • Very user friendly and easy to use
  • Automatic synchronization
  • Quick and efficient
  • Expensive, lowering costs is important
  • Free version has very limited space
  • Manual synchronization is cumbersome and problematic
Apple iCloud is a must for organizations relying on Apple / iOS architecture. It is less suited for organization where MS Windows and MS cloud are key solutions.
Read Jevgenijs Steinbuks's full review
Ben Tarney profile photo
December 14, 2018

Apple iCloud Review: "Seamless integration with iOS"

Apple iCloud is used by a handful of users to help with their backups and to transfer files between devices.
  • seamless integration between devices
  • quick setup
  • easy to train end users on
  • not the best with non ios devices
  • expensive
iCloud is perfect for users that want to use ios devices and have that information seamlessly backed up and available across iOS devices. As a solution for non iOS devices I would not recommend it.
Read Ben Tarney's full review
Buck Buchanan profile photo
December 10, 2018

Apple iCloud Review: "Why I like iCloud?"

I've only used Apple iCloud for a little over a year with my iPhone, however when my department purchased me a iPad it made work so much more easy by being able to move between my phone and the iPad.
  • Able to move between an iPhone and iPad.
  • Able to retrieve information from iCloud without having to worry if my document was backed-up or not.
  • Apple iCloud has been very easy to use. I can't think of anything negative.
As stated in a previous section, I believe Apple iCloud is an excellent tool to use between my iPhone and my iPad. To be able to move between two devices without any interruption makes my work a lot easier. I use to use another product that used the "cloud" but it seemed that I never had enough storage.
Read Buck Buchanan's full review
February 21, 2019

Review: "Apple iCloud - Strictly Personal, For Productivity - Look Elsewhere."

Our organization use for iCloud is limited to collaborating meeting notes on the Notes app and having a no local storage policy - that means everyone needs to back up everything on the cloud constantly. Or put another way, work on the cloud always. Given the integration of MacOS with iCloud, the local desktop folders are always on the cloud.
  • Notes app sync across devices. Easily the only thing that iCloud does really well. It is super helpful.
  • iCloud allows seamless and good backup for desktop files from the Mac to the web.
  • You will constantly run into issues where iCloud is optimized or available only for Apple's own product line. That's frustrating.
  • Apple's Mail app and service are just beleaguered by the likes of Gmail. Perhaps even Zoho does better than them on the web.
  • iCloud seems optimized more for a mobile user, so desktop apps & services feel a bit force-fitted.
iCloud is well suited for folks who are primarily working on the Apple platform. It is also a good choice for folks who are very concerned with privacy & security concerns around other platforms.

Notes sync and multi-user sharing are good, especially for a basic/easy to use scenario. But for pro users, it doesn't come close to the Google Docs family.

The photo backup is good for personal users, but storage is expensive in Apple's universe.
February 21, 2019

User Review: "Apple iCloud for the win"

It is being used by individuals throughout the organization, however, those that use it are making a personal choice to do so. Many people in my career field are required to keep up with numerous credentials and continuing education documentation. For those that use Apple devices, iCloud has become a very valuable tool for securely storing their documents.
  • Apple iCloud integrates beautifully with the entire Apple ecosystem. Whether you are using a MacBook, iPhone, and/or iPad they will all sync at a moments notice through iCloud.
  • As a company, Apple has a strong reputation for security. Many cloud storage providers share huge amounts of user data, however, Apple prides themselves on avoiding that.
  • Even though Apple iCloud is optimized for Apple devices, data stored on the cloud can be accessed through a web browser on a computer running essentially any operating system.
  • The user interface of the web version of iCloud is in need of a facelift.
  • Sometimes it seems like sharing large files from iCloud to other users who are not using iCloud can be problematic. I've had people report to me that they were unable to view the information that I shared with them.
  • iMessages on Mac needs to have more efficient keyboard shortcuts.
Apple iCloud is perfect if you are deeply ingrained within the Apple ecosystem. It really does work amazingly well with all of Apple's devices. If you have a lot to store, you will be paying for the extra storage though. Other cloud storage providers offer more storage for free, however, these providers are often selling user data.
February 21, 2019

Apple iCloud Review: "Best affordable back-up solution"

We use Apple iCloud for backing up our entire supply of corporate iPhones. It allows easy and convenient backup of phone data and documents. We use it to integrate, manage and classify various data, emails, phone calls, text messages, and documents.
  • Backing up data.
  • Easy and convenient backup of phone data and documents.
  • Integrate, manage and classify various data, emails, phone calls, text messages, and documents.
  • Price-point for the amount of data purchased.
  • Automatic reminders are too frequent.
  • The time required to re-upload backup.
I love how simple it is to have documets made in Pages and pictures from my phone synced to the cloud with little or no effort. So simple to move from one unit to the next.
A major dislike is the limited free space. I love how Google Drive allows photos at a certain size to be free. It would be nice if, when using an Apple program, those could be free too, like Pages. The other part that is difficult is when moving to a non-Apple system, this is not always simple.
February 21, 2019

Apple iCloud Review: "Best in class."

Every department in my company uses this software. This software is being used for storing important data from various departments in my company. In my department, I always use this software to store my Excel sheets. In my opinion, It is one of the most secure cloud services. Its security gives me peace of mind.
  • It is a part of the Apple ecosystem and Apple's ecosystem is the most secured ecosystem.
  • I can access my documents from my mobile device also.
  • Its auto backup feature continuously backs up my data.
  • I cannot share data with other cloud services.
  • Its subscription is very expensive.
  • Sometimes Windows users find it difficult to navigate this app.
It is very well suited when the user uses only the Apple ecosystem on various Apple devices. It is very well synced across all Apple devices. The user can access data from any of the devices without any problem. The accessibility of any important document is very much streamlined across all the devices.
December 07, 2018

Review: "Apple iCloud is a Great Choice for Remote Teams"

Apple iCloud is used across the whole organization. It is being used because our team is 100 percent remote and it enables us to work collaboratively and have access to important documents no matter where we are located. It's a great tool for remote teams to have access to, and I highly recommend it.
  • Document sharing - enabling teams to have access to the same resources.
  • Time saving - saves users the time of having to send documents back and forth.
  • Security - Stores documents in a secure manner and prevents loss of important data.
  • Apple iCloud could find a way to compress files so that more could be stored. I have run out of space on many occasions.
  • Pricing for upgrades is a bit steep.
  • Better transferability between Apple and PC products.
Remote teams will find that Apple iCloud is very useful because it enables real-time viewing of shared documents. If most or all of your team uses primarily Apple devices, this can be a great option. In addition, if you use a lot of image files, it's a great choice. If most of your team is PC-based, you might not find it as useful.
December 17, 2018

User Review: "Convenient Apple iCloud"

Apple iCloud allows us to back up our information and easily share it no matter our location.
  • Reliably backs up data.
  • The ability to do automatic backups is extremely beneficial.
  • You can access your data anywhere, and you don't have to have your primary device on you.
  • Could be more user-friendly when it comes to navigating through your iCloud account.
  • It is not well-explained at times. My first experience with deleting data on my iCloud, I was unaware that it would sync and delete data from my primary device as well.
For backing up most data, like pictures, contact information, and collaborative emails, it is great, but sometimes it may be easier to use another form of back up like Google Drive for larger files and information.
December 14, 2018

Apple iCloud Review: "A necessary evil :)"

I used iCloud to sync personal data from apps that are supported in the OS X and iOS environments.
  • It's integrated into the operating system
  • It syncs in the background with out requiring my engagement
  • It is inexpensive
  • It does not play well with all vendors / apps.
  • It is one of many services that others do better - depending on what aspect you are talking about. For example, DropBox is a much more platform neutral product that works everywhere
  • It is difficult to share some information through iCloud with other parties - even though that is the intention. For example - sharing a spreadsheet or analysis in Numbers via a link to collaborate. The recipients rarely can access without creating an account unless they already use iCloud. Even then it may be awkward
How well suited it is depends on what the user's intent is. It also depends on what devices they use.
Mike McCloskey profile photo
January 12, 2018

Apple iCloud Review: "iCloud for Apple Shops"

iCloud is the glue that ties together desktop and mobile in our Apple environment. It lets us work seamlessly moving from iMacs to iPads and iPhones. It has a slick web interface where all of the apps can be accessed even from dumb Windows boxes. This keeps us productive no matter where we are.
  • There is almost no downtime.
  • It is truly seamless.
  • There is no performance hit, even on mediocre networks.
  • It is an attractive interface.
  • Basic iCloud gives 5GB free per account - but that really needs to be per device. It is way too small when you have multiple devices.
Of course, iCloud is ideal in an Apple ecosystem. It might not be ideal under Windows or Chrome OS.
Read Mike McCloskey's full review
Manuel Aguilar profile photo
April 02, 2018

Apple iCloud Review: "Great cloud storage system for Apple users"

Just as we have used other cloud storage systems, we have used iCloud in our business to share documents without the need to use hard drives, flash drives, SD cards or an intranet connection. We mostly use iCloud in the graphic design department since we use Mac products for them and iCloud has an excellent compatibility with Mac IOS.
  • The ability to share any type of information easily and without any type of additional hardware.
  • You can synchronize every Apple product to keep all the information accessible, and since iPhones, iPads and Macs are really common devices this compatibility comes in really handy.
  • With iCloud backup, no document is going to get lost. If something is deleted from a device, you can retrieve it from iCloud
  • If you pay for a song to be downloaded from iTunes and then pay to store it in iCloud, it's like paying twice so it can be costly in comparison to other cloud software.
  • There has been several hacks to iCloud so security is always a concern.
  • It works better with Apple products. In business based on Windows there are some better options
I would recommend apple Icloud just to Apple users since the compatibility with iPhones, iPads and Macs is where iCloud shines. Apple iCloud is not appropriate in a business based in Windows operating systems. Sharing information without the need for additional hardware is excellent, and since graphic designers and IOS software programmers tend to work on Macs, businesses working in these areas would benefit more from iCloud that any other cloud drives.
Read Manuel Aguilar's full review
December 06, 2017

Apple iCloud Review: "iCloud is Great!"

It's primarily used to upload, share and store documents, photos, etc. It has provided us with a way to collaborate on projects while working across multiple locations. It improved upon our previous system that didn't work nearly as well. It also made training time easier, since many of us are iOS/Mac users and have already been familiar with iCloud.
  • Store documents and photos- I think this is pretty self-explanatory.
  • Allow for simpler collaboration- a few of us have started using Pages and Notes on iCloud.com to work on a few projects together. This isn't always as simple in Microsoft Office, I've found.
  • Set reminders- iCloud.com has the Reminders app that we've used as a quick, dirty system to remember to make calls or follow up with one another. It's cut down on the number of sticky notes on my desk and in my notebook.
  • The Notes app in iCloud.com lacks the same functionality as iOS/Mac, in that it doesn't recognize when you've inserted a table into a note.
  • Pages, Numbers, and Keynote aren't as up-to-date as their iOS and Mac counterparts.
  • The level of editability (adding colors, etc.) isn't there in iCloud Drive like it is with Google Drive.
It seems to work very well for small group collaboration much better than it does for larger groups or more complex projects. The other (minor) thing, is that while working across locations, there isn't a chat function, which would be huge when working on documents that work off info that others have. While at the same location, working on a small project iCloud works great for us. The other issue is that some of our Android users can't do some of the same things their colleagues using iOS can while on the go.
January 22, 2018

Apple iCloud Review: "An essential for personal use, not ideal for business use"

iCloud is mainly used to organize personal contacts to import into our contact database, sync photos across multiple devices, share settings between iPhone, iPad, and MacBooks, to screencast presentations and multimedia, and to message rather than use cell phone data.
  • Sync across multiple devices
  • Update contacts in address book
  • Share documents for easy access
  • I’m having a problem with duplicate contacts when I sync with other email accounts
  • Sometimes the software updates cause it to be a bit buggy
  • Upload settings can be different on different devices
Best suited for personal use. It can be difficult to implement across entire organizations unless every member has an iOS device. And as I indicated earlier, there is an issue with duplicate contacts when you connect outside email services. I wouldn’t recommend it for contact management. Overall, however, it is really an essential.
January 15, 2018

Apple iCloud Review: "iCloud - Personal rather than back up"

I use it for back up of my documents because I have multiple iOS devices, iPhone, and iPad, which the standard cloud doesn't have enough space for. I am a paid user so I can back up documents and it's convenient because it integrates with other apps when I need to upload documents.
  • Always backed up, backs up automatically when you are on wife
  • Reliable, haven't lost a file yet
  • Relatively inexpensive
  • The look and feel is not particularly good looking
  • I feel like I am saving a lot in the root directory because of the layout
  • Annual billing at a discount instead of a monthly fee
It's great for iPhone and iPad backup, but I use other boxes for work, because of ease of use with the web interface, link sharing, etc.
December 28, 2017

"Apple iCloud Honest Review"

Apple iCloud is being used by our organization to keep our digital file system in order. It makes it easy for us to pass files back and forth, along with keeping track of revisions of files as we continue to save new versions. It's accessible from anywhere and even works well for those that don't use Mac computers.
  • Easy digital filing system
  • Keeps track of revisions
  • Accessible from PCs and Macs
  • Accessible anywhere around the world for our global team
  • Not highly used by our clients
  • Not great for android phones
  • Slower than Google Drive
It's great for companies that have team members across the country or across the world and need real-time access to files that the rest of the team members are using.

It's not as ideal for people who need to be editing documents at the same time as other team members, as there is a lot of uploading and downloading needing to be done.

Versioning (33)
Video files (47)
Audio files (45)
Document collaboration (42)
Access control (41)
File search (44)
Device sync (50)
User and role management (36)
File organization (44)