Apple iCloud Review

July 29, 2021
I use Apple iCloud and have used it for a long time now. I use it to back up everything across multiple platforms. It has my contacts, …

Does what it needs to do.

July 23, 2021
As we are a wholly Microsoft for education place, the vast majority of campus is on One Drive. However, our department is almost all on …

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2020
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2019

Reliability (74)

Video files (70)

Device sync (73)

Performance (74)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Apple iCloud, and make your voice heard!

50GB

200GB

2TB

File Sharing & Management

Cloud Storage Security & Administration

Cloud Storage Platform

What is Apple iCloud?

Apple iCloud is a document management software offering from Apple. It includes features such as access to music, photos, calendars, contacts, and documents, and it is built into every new iOS device.

Apple iCloud Video

What does iCloud back up and keep safe? — Apple Support

Apple iCloud Technical Details

What is Apple iCloud?

What is Apple iCloud's best feature?

Reviewers rate Video files and Reliability highest, with a score of 9.1.

Who uses Apple iCloud?

The most common users of Apple iCloud are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

Gavin Scott-Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • The ability to not have to only rely on physical media backups has been hugely helpful.
  • The costs of a larger plan will be much cheaper for the short term if you have LOTS of storage you might want to look into hard drives for that.
  • There are major opportunity costs if important data was not properly backed up.
Jeff Henkel | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Mobility. Apple iCloud along with other online storage options has given me the ability to access files and data while away from my office.
  • Security. I don't worry about security with my files in Apple iCloud. Of course, I don't generally store highly sensitive files in the cloud.
  • Simplicity. I can set up my file folders so that when I know I will need access to certain types of files away from my office, I save time with decision making or moving the files later when I may need to take a trip or visit a client.
Justin Moore | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • We have had less dropped deposits since using this service, attributed to our staff collaborating better.
  • Less turnover in staff as technology concerns have eased (they have not disappeared entirely).
  • It is easier to fill in for another staff member, as everyone can see notes & documents.
  • Using Apple products has had a positive ROI for our business. Sometimes the intangibles matter more than anything, and Apple products provide those intangibles. Having seamless access to anything that I sync through iCloud is important because it allows me to be more productive throughout the day, spending more time on client work and less time trying to find files that I need.
Joshua Melder | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • The ability to access saved content across devices no matter where I am located reduces missed opportunities to share and collaborate.
  • The version history has allowed my team to re-visit previous renditions when errors occur - saving valuable time determining the root cause.
  • The cloud reduces the number of physical documents one must remember when traveling for work.
February 27, 2020

Apple iCloud Review

• iCloud gives us the ability to work from practically anywhere as we can seamlessly share documents/send e-mail attachments.
  • Each user gets 5 GB of storage for free, and can buy additional storage for a pretty minimal price.
  • Employees can access their work no matter what Apple device they use, iPhone, Mac Book, etc.
Sarah Bandy | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • It's initially been a positive ROI in that it helped us share information across our team.
  • I would say that the monthly charge, though negligible, does make me less apt to use it than Google Docs.
  • The organizational element helps keep us in check and look at what everyone is contributing.