Apple iCloud is a document management software offering from Apple. It includes features such as access to music, photos, calendars, contacts, and documents, and it is built into every new iOS device.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/YY/nO/8LKL3FT20VFD.jpegiCloud: Fantastic cloud storage for a single userOur org relies heavily on Dropbox for shared document collections, but most of the team members are Mac users, and iCloud's seamless file syncing between a single user's iOS MacOS devices has been a really useful addition to the mix. Most of us use iCloud to store and archive files created by compatible applications, then move things to DropBox if they're "done" and need to be accessed by multiple team members. In a few situations, we've used the collaborative authoring tools that Apple's free productivity apps provide (multiple users working on the same Keynote file in the leadup to a large meeting, for example).,Zero set up integration with Apple and many third-party apps. MacOS and iOS document sharing is smooth to the point of being effortlessness. Enough storage on the "free" tier that many team members can get by without an upgrade.,Weak to non-existent shared multi-user storage. i.e. "Here's a shared collection of presentations we all use". Built-in iCloud support on an app-by-app basis is necessary to achieve "super seamless" workflow. Without that, it's just Apple's brand of a cloud-synced folder.,8,Because the free-tier of iCloud is baked into MacOS and iOS, most of our team use it without even thinking about it. It solves the simplest case of cross-device syncing really well. Trying to replace DropBox with it is a no-go because of the incredibly limited collaboration features. If some future "Enterprise iCloud" tier with good multi-user support rolls out, it might be a better match.,Dropbox, Dropbox Business and Box,OmniGraffle,8,10It's Not Stormy For Apple iCloudI use Apple iCloud for most of my company files. Mainly the files that I may need to access when I am away from the office. I have found it is an excellent business tool and has given me the flexibility I desire so I can be out of the office and still maintain access to just about anything I would want from my office computer. The files I need for mobile access are all automatically filed under my Apple iCloud folder, therefore, I don't even have to worry about making a decision where to file something or if I would want access to it later.,Efficiency. Apple iCloud can be set up to automatically place your files for mobile access. I have needed to access a file from my office computer countless times and iCloud has made that possible. Security. I know security is always an issue and I have never felt that any of my files have been compromised. I believe Apple has a reputation to uphold and works hard to maintain secure cloud-based storage. Multi-platform. I use Apple iCloud on my devices, my personal Mac computer and my Windows based office computer. I love how I can save or retrieve a personal or work file at any time on any of my devices.,Price. As much as I love the overall functionality of Apple iCloud, the price I pay is fairly steep in comparison and amount of storage. Web Interface is below par. I don't even try to create new files from the web with iCloud. Much easier from a device and then use iCloud just for storage.,9,Mobility. Apple iCloud along with other online storage options has given me the ability to access files and data while away from my office. Security. I don't worry about security with my files in Apple iCloud. Of course, I don't generally store highly sensitive files in the cloud. Simplicity. I can set up my file folders so that when I know I will need access to certain types of files away from my office, I save time with decision making or moving the files later when I may need to take a trip or visit a client.,OneDrive and Google Drive,Adobe Acrobat DC, OneNote, Malwarebytes,9,9LOVE!Apple iCloud makes it very easy to have all my files and documents in one place so I'm able to work remotely on any machine. It's also handy to have all these files in one place in case something happens to our computers or equipment, that we have a reliable backup.,Convenient! So easy to access files anywhere! Affordable. iCloud is a very competitively priced cloud service. Speed. I don't have any issues with load time—all my files are right there, right away.,Tutorials may be helpful. I'm sure that I'm not utilizing all its features. The interface on desktops seems a little elementary—could use some updates. Mail integration could be easier.,9,Great for working remotely Increased efficiency Great amount of storage for price,Box and Dropbox,Vonage Business Cloud, Buffer, Microsoft 365 Business,9,10Cloud Storage and Device Management All in OneI want to start this review off by saying that I am not an Apple fan. That being said, I do not hate the product, in fact, it has saved my tail on at least one occasion. I have also seen $400 devices turned into a paperweight because they were locked to an iCloud account and unable to be recovered. I am an IT Supervisor at my company. All of the management that I support have iPhones as their company phone, and a few have iPads. The feature of iCloud(and any cloud software) that jumps out is that all of your documents, photos, music, and videos are accessible from any device. This is great for when someone has a meeting, and has a presentation on their phone and need to pull it up on a PC so that it can be projected.,Provides a cost-effective way to store big data Gives the user access to all of their files, on any device anytime and anywhere Provides added security to mobile devices.,My biggest gripe is the difficulty of resetting your password. More on this later in the review. More data could be provided for free (Apple gives you 5G, Google gives you 15G) Customer support is basically non-existent.,8,Positive: I have saved a very important document on a device that crashed, and I believed lost but upon logging into iCloud, there it was. Positive: easy to change devices and have all of your files. Negative: I have 4 devices that are unusable from termed employees that used their business emails to log in, and left without removing them from their iCloud. Apple customer support was no help at all.,Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive,Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Connect, Zoom, Cisco Data Center Network Manager, Oracle API Platform Cloud,8,9Great for Apple Ecosystem. Good Pricing options.We have around forty Macintosh Servers and our IT staff uses company provided iPhones. We use Apple iCloud on all of these devices. Apple iCloud has a slick app and web interface. I like the fact that it is compatible with Windows, MacOS and iPhone devices, although it is not available on the Android platform. We use it for seamless file syncs across devices. We have bought the $9.99 per month plan for 2TB storage, which is enough for our current needs.,File sync across devices is great and seamless. It works great for Apple's three platforms: iOS, Mac OS and Watch OS. Provides free 5GB cloud storage when you buy an Apple phone or computer. Ability to access your cloud files through a web interface. However, it lacks the ability to search through the web interface.,It nags for upgrading the storage if you have free limited 5 GB storage. It is not available on the Android platform, which is a bummer if you want to access your files on an Android device. It is not truly cross-platform and is more suitable for the Apple ecosystem. Collaborative editing on iCloud is not good. Sharing files on iCloud with friends and co-workers is only possible through email attachments. This is a limitation as compared to some other popular vendors who provide sharing through links and having an expiration time on the shared permissions.,8,Improved Productivity: We see improved productivity by letting iCloud handle file syncs seamlessly. Easy Administration: Cloud storage reports are very useful to clean up old files from the cloud and reclaim space. We find it very useful to share files within the organization for meetings and stand-ups. This saves time uploading it to a location and granting permissions to individuals. It is also reliable and secure. We don't have to worry much on the security front of our iCloud storage.,Google Drive,Selenium, Unified Functional Testing (formerly HP UFT), Atlassian Confluence, Microsoft Project,8,8,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Prior Experience with the Product Vendor Reputation Existing Relationship with the Vendor,We are pleased with the product. However, some of our functional users had trouble understanding how iCloud works. I would like to setup some meetings with Apple Sales/Support and my team so there questions can be answered in the initial stage itself.,No,9,No,Sharing large files through email attachment. This doesn't really gets attached to email but some sort of cloud location and permission is sent. Stores regular backups which you can use to restore your Apple device. You can turn off this feature if not required.,Collaborative editing with Apple icloud is not great. This product was never designed for collaborative editing to start with.,YesApple iCloud - a Less Good Google DocsApple iCloud is being used primarily by department - we use it to store documents, pictures, text, brainstorms, and notes on our personal devices, then share throughout the department to a second party site such as Google Docs or Dropbox. It's a really useful tool to be able to keep large amounts of data in multiple places for safekeeping.,Apple iCloud is great at storing personal data across networks. The best thing about iCloud is how you can access your files remotely, regardless of what device you physically have with you. iCloud is easy to organize and maintain.,The storage amount does seem to run out quickly, and then you have to buy additional storage. It would be nice to be able to transfer and store larger files without having to dive in and pay monthly. The ability to store things more affordably for non-profit organizations would really help us budget-wise.,7,It's initially been a positive ROI in that it helped us share information across our team. I would say that the monthly charge, though negligible, does make me less apt to use it than Google Docs. The organizational element helps keep us in check and look at what everyone is contributing.,Google Cloud AI,Upsafe Free Gmail Backup, Emma, Google Charts,8,8iCloud a delightful and necessary part of a Mac user's experienceWe use iCloud across our entire team. I also use it for personal applications. We use several file sharing and collaboration platforms, but as an all-Mac shop, iCloud is the best for in-house sharing. Various Mac and iOS apps that use iCloud for syncing data and file sharing also work extremely well with it.,File sharing - since its recent updates to allow you to share any type of file and access the whole file system through Finder on Mac and an app in iOS, iCloud is becoming the easiest to use file sharing and collaboration app in our toolkit. Document collaboration: iWork apps and Handoff make document collaboration extremely easy across our organization. I even am able to use it with non-Mac users via their iWork in iCloud apps. Handoff - the ease of transitioning between devices (handheld, desktop, laptop) has been extremely useful for client presentations and on-the-fly capturing of ideas.,Sharing interface - the sharing interface is a little bit clunky (relative to most Mac apps) at the moment, it is sometimes difficult to tell whether the sharing functionality is working properly. Windows integration - as a Mac-first platform, windows users may find working with iCloud to be difficult. iCloud is perfect for mac-only environments, but will not be as ubiquitous as Google Suite until this improves.,10,User experience is excellent and leads to low friction for file storage, sharing, retrieval and collaboration. It is a joy to work with. Pricing is competitive with other platforms. Integration with Mac software and third-party apps is seamless.,Dropbox and Google Drive,Google Drive, Dropbox, Google Analytics,10,10Mac Users, Get iCloud!Apple iCloud makes it easy to sync videos and photos taken on my iPad to my Mac laptop. The photos and videos are readily available for me to edit and share to social media. iCloud is also used to sync documents that I work on with my iPad to my laptop as well. I never miss a beat when editing a presentation from one device to another.,Documents are synced almost instantaneously. Photo sharing Backup feature,I have an old Mac so it takes a little longer than I like for my photo library to load. Base storage is very limited, which requires you to purchase more space. Transfer of files is very slow for large file sizes.,8,iCloud saves me time with syncing between my devices. Saving time saves me money. iCloud makes it easy for me to develop my presentations on my iPad and have them ready almost immediately on my Mac. iCloud allows me to work from anywhere because I can get my documents whenever I need them.,Google Drive,Google Drive, Mautic Marketing Automation, cPanel,8,8Apple iCloud - Strictly Personal, For Productivity - Look Elsewhere.Our organization use for iCloud is limited to collaborating meeting notes on the Notes app and having a no local storage policy - that means everyone needs to back up everything on the cloud constantly. Or put another way, work on the cloud always. Given the integration of MacOS with iCloud, the local desktop folders are always on the cloud.,Notes app sync across devices. Easily the only thing that iCloud does really well. It is super helpful. iCloud allows seamless and good backup for desktop files from the Mac to the web.,You will constantly run into issues where iCloud is optimized or available only for Apple's own product line. That's frustrating. Apple's Mail app and service are just beleaguered by the likes of Gmail. Perhaps even Zoho does better than them on the web. iCloud seems optimized more for a mobile user, so desktop apps & services feel a bit force-fitted.,7,Apple's iCloud service can run very slow in countries where they aren't very focussed, like India. Apple did not back up videos over the cloud for a long time and needed manual sync. You will see similar issues like not allowing mobile data for some tasks.,Google Drive,Google Hangouts, Google Drive, Zoho Books,6,6Apple iCloud for the winIt is being used by individuals throughout the organization, however, those that use it are making a personal choice to do so. Many people in my career field are required to keep up with numerous credentials and continuing education documentation. For those that use Apple devices, iCloud has become a very valuable tool for securely storing their documents.,Apple iCloud integrates beautifully with the entire Apple ecosystem. Whether you are using a MacBook, iPhone, and/or iPad they will all sync at a moments notice through iCloud. As a company, Apple has a strong reputation for security. Many cloud storage providers share huge amounts of user data, however, Apple prides themselves on avoiding that. Even though Apple iCloud is optimized for Apple devices, data stored on the cloud can be accessed through a web browser on a computer running essentially any operating system.,The user interface of the web version of iCloud is in need of a facelift. Sometimes it seems like sharing large files from iCloud to other users who are not using iCloud can be problematic. I've had people report to me that they were unable to view the information that I shared with them. iMessages on Mac needs to have more efficient keyboard shortcuts.,9,If I lose track of my credentials or my continuing education documentation, I could end up not being able to renew my certification. This would lead to a major loss in revenue. Time is money and having all of my required documents easily accessible in iCloud saves me time and allows me to work more efficiently. My Apple devices were certainly not cheap purchases. iCloud has allowed me to maximize my productivity through synchronizing my work no matter which device I'm working on.,Google Drive and Dropbox,Microsoft 365 Business, Google Drive, Ubuntu Linux,8,9Best affordable back-up solutionWe use Apple iCloud for backing up our entire supply of corporate iPhones. It allows easy and convenient backup of phone data and documents. We use it to integrate, manage and classify various data, emails, phone calls, text messages, and documents.,Backing up data. Easy and convenient backup of phone data and documents. Integrate, manage and classify various data, emails, phone calls, text messages, and documents.,Price-point for the amount of data purchased. Automatic reminders are too frequent. The time required to re-upload backup.,7,Seamless integration with most of the Apple devices. Intuitive contacts, notes, reminders & calendar syncing. A small amount of space provided for free accounts, but bigger plans are available for purchase. iPhone and Mac's products have easy backups for Apple devices, storages for pictures or other media.,Google Drive,Google Drive, SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) Platform, Paychex Flex,9,10Best in class.Every department in my company uses this software. This software is being used for storing important data from various departments in my company. In my department, I always use this software to store my Excel sheets. In my opinion, It is one of the most secure cloud services. Its security gives me peace of mind.,It is a part of the Apple ecosystem and Apple's ecosystem is the most secured ecosystem. I can access my documents from my mobile device also. Its auto backup feature continuously backs up my data.,I cannot share data with other cloud services. Its subscription is very expensive. Sometimes Windows users find it difficult to navigate this app.,9,It provides a high level of security for my data. We can save money by not buying a physical drive for data storage. The same data can be used from different systems which increases productivity and saves time.,Google Drive,Skype, PDFfiller, SendPulse, Mailchimp, Moodle, Paytm, Smallpdf, PayPal Payments, Google Drive, Campayn,8,8
Apple iCloud
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>TRScore

Apple iCloud Reviews

Apple iCloud

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 12 of 401 Apple iCloud ratings and reviews.

Jeff Henkel profile photo

Performance

I really don't see any lag time when I access files from Apple iCloud. Files are accessible immediately from what I can see. Honestly, I probably don't access large content files very often so that may be a factor. In addition, I have never noticed iCloud being the cause of any slow access to a file or slow down any of my computers or mobile devices.
Read Jeff Henkel's full review
Emily Hammell profile photo

LOVE!

Performance

Load time is great, it automatically updates my files, great to have if I lose/break a computer or phone. Easy to manage the files and organize files. Never have an issue—very reliable. Very affordable. Can't be beat for Apple users!
Read Emily Hammell's full review
Michael Timms profile photo

Performance

I am giving iCloud this rating because even though I do not like it, it is still an excellent platform. It is very secure, relatively fast and it does work. For a tech-savvy user, iCloud would be an ideal choice. I do not like the fact that iCloud locks your device to your personal iCloud, and I would prefer if this was optional.
Read Michael Timms's full review
Sarah Bandy profile photo

Performance

Apple iCloud is definitely a reliable storage and data management system. We haven't experienced many lags in loading or sharing, and they very quickly sync once you upload them into your personal iCloud. I haven't noticed any slowing down of other software or systems while using Apple iCloud - and they have great customer service.
Read Sarah Bandy's full review
Shawngela Pierce profile photo
February 14, 2019

Mac Users, Get iCloud!

Performance

Apple iCloud is great at syncing but with large files, it tends to take a long time. Also, for older Macs it tends to slow down the computer. Besides these two factors, I really love the service and the ability to sync all of my Apple devices in a seamless fashion.
Read Shawngela Pierce's full review

Performance

Apple has a spotty track record for loading speeds and connectivity for its own cloud services in India. It just seems like they haven't had the needs to do a major investment for iCloud in India where the market share for them is minuscule. While some of their services like Siri has improved drastically, the likes of Google and Microsoft have a much more entrenched presence here.
February 21, 2019

Apple iCloud for the win

Performance

Apple iCloud generally works pretty flawlessly when using it within the Apple ecosystem. There have been a few times that I have noticed the online user interface of Apple iCloud to load rather slowly. I would imagine that this also depends on other factors such as, internet connection quality and the type of stored data that's being retrieved.

Best in class.

Performance

With all Apple devices, its performance is very good. I can quickly sign in to my account and access my data very easily. In rare cases, It took time to switch from one folder to other, but in general, it is quite quick. Outside of the Apple ecosystem, this software does not work with any other software.

Versioning (35)
Video files (49)
Audio files (47)
Document collaboration (44)
6.6
Access control (43)
File search (46)
Device sync (52)
User and role management (38)
File organization (46)