What is Apple iCloud?

Apple iCloud is a document management software offering from Apple. It includes features such as access to music, photos, calendars, contacts, and documents, and it is built into every new iOS device.

• Reliability (74)
    9.2
  • Video files (70)
  • Device sync (73)
  • Performance (74)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Apple iCloud, and make your voice heard!

50GB

Cloud Storage Platform

What is Apple iCloud?

Apple iCloud Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

Reviewers rate Reliability highest, with a score of 9.2.

The most common users of Apple iCloud are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Michelle Braun | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Syncing files, appointments, Notes and contacts. If I'm away from home, and set an appointment using my phone, that appointment automatically updates real time to my home laptop and vice-versa.
  • It stores files (e.g photos) nicely
  • Once it's set up, it's fairly easy to use.
  • As long as you're using the same email address/Apple ID, things work well. It gets harder to sync across multiple devices if you have multiple Apple IDs. (Having said that, 2nd level Apple Support has some workarounds you can use)
  • Sometimes the website is difficult to navigate.
  • Occasionally (e.g. every couple of years), there are hiccups in syncing. I've never been able to figure out why.
July 29, 2021

Apple iCloud Review

• It is a clean platform.
  • It is user-friendly.
  • It is accessible wherever you may be
  • Accessibility of photos on desktop platform.
  • App options on desktop.
  • Automatically backs up files
  • Seamless backups
  • Pretty straightforward to use
  • Sharing files is very simple
  • Limited compared to the competition
  • A little more pricy than the competition
  • Web interface can use some work
Gavin Scott-Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Speed - As soon as the transfer is complete you immediately have all the information backed up to access on any computer that you desire to log into. Transferring information from your phone to this service is seamless and easy to understand.
  • Reliability - I have used iCloud ever since I've had an iPhone (over 5 years) and I never once have lost a file or document due to Apple's failure.
  • Ease of mind for file locations. You always know where your files are
  • Customization - iCloud is great at the stuff it does well. But it lacks features that some competitors (in Google Drive or Dropbox) do really well. API support for third-party apps is really great for some other people.
  • Remote use - Managing or accessing information from iCloud while not on one of your logged-in apple devices can sometimes be an issue. From a work computer for example. It doable, but the experience is much less user-friendly.
  • Ability to edit documents on the cloud similar to google docs or some other competitors
  • It is user-friendly
  • It is available for business and personal
  • There isn't a hard learning curve
  • If Apple iCloud had a word document integration it would help since 90% of people use it over Pages.
  • If Apple iCloud could sync on non Apple devices, I have not checked on whether it does but it would help a ton as many companies have individuals with non-apple devices.
  • Better automated organization. Many programs have organization automation, which helps in keeping certain documents in certain folders. That is one of the main complaints from users.
Jeff Henkel | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Efficiency. Apple iCloud can be set up to automatically place your files for mobile access. I have needed to access a file from my office computer countless times and iCloud has made that possible.
  • Security. I know security is always an issue and I have never felt that any of my files have been compromised. I believe Apple has a reputation to uphold and works hard to maintain secure cloud-based storage.
  • Multi-platform. I use Apple iCloud on my devices, my personal Mac computer and my Windows based office computer. I love how I can save or retrieve a personal or work file at any time on any of my devices.
  • Price. As much as I love the overall functionality of Apple iCloud, the price I pay is fairly steep in comparison and amount of storage.
  • Web Interface is below par. I don't even try to create new files from the web with iCloud. Much easier from a device and then use iCloud just for storage.
  • Syncing across Apple devices is seamless. I can continue working on my iPhone in the car after having just done other work on my office iMac.
  • Security is second to none. I especially like being notified if other devices are trying to access my account.
  • iCloud, like all other Apple products, is easy to use and very user-friendly. It doesn't take much to set-up and sync what you want to be synced. And backups happen in the background so you're not bothered with prompts or cues.
  • I'm not sure I see any cons with iCloud.
Sandy Hinding | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Automatically store content from many common apps.
  • Easily set up managed accounts for students to use.
  • Apple provides well-written help documentation for all aspects of Apple iCloud.
  • I am not a fan of the Apple iCloud: Desktop & Documents in the cloud feature.
  • Content from some Apple Applications is challenging to move from one computer to another without the use of Apple iCloud.
Joshua Melder | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Seamless Integration with other Apple products.
  • Syncing across devices is extremely useful and reliable.
  • Pricing is very competitive.
  • Performs much more reliably on Apple devices compared to Windows or other operating systems.
  • The user interface seems to be more functional for individuals or families compared to the business world.
  • Cannot set your own encryption key.
February 27, 2020

Apple iCloud Review

• iCloud stores and syncs my photos, documents, music, etc... allowing me to access them from any of my Apple devices.
  • iClould gives the user the ability to locate lost equipment if need be.
  • iCloud is incredibly secure and backs up all of my files, which is great in case of a cyber security attack.
  • You have to buy additional storage if you run out of space, which can be somewhat frustrating.
Rene Agredano | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Intuitive format for retrieving data.
  • Makes it easy to see if your most recent files have been backed up.
  • Integration with my iPhone layout can be clunky: I sometimes have a hard time finding out how much data we have in storage.
  • I would like to receive occasional reminders about how much storage is being used up.
Sarah Bandy | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Apple iCloud is great at storing personal data across networks.
  • The best thing about iCloud is how you can access your files remotely, regardless of what device you physically have with you.
  • iCloud is easy to organize and maintain.
  • The storage amount does seem to run out quickly, and then you have to buy additional storage.
  • It would be nice to be able to transfer and store larger files without having to dive in and pay monthly.
  • The ability to store things more affordably for non-profit organizations would really help us budget-wise.
Shelby Bowden | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Data sharing.
  • Data storage of Apple-related file types.
  • Great integration with apple products.
  • It seems kind of like a "black box," and is difficult to keep clean.
  • impossible to integrate with Microsoft files.
  • Automatically turns on, so difficult to keep things straight.