Reviews (1-4 of 4)
We also only allow email delivery from their approved list of email delivery servers and have that as a rule on our firewall to keep all other connections from the internet from hitting port 25.
We also use their email encryption service that is difficult to use and manage as it's on a per-user basis and not at the domain level which makes it more difficult to work with. Also, my recipients of encrypted emails have to log in to a separate service to make this work and it is difficult to convince people to click on any links to get to our encrypted messages.
- They have a great service and support team.
- They have great simplified tools to manage our email flow and delivery.
- They are affordable and I feel like I get a good amount of service for what we are paying.
- They do not support DMARC and DKIM at this time and I don't know when or if they ever will.
- Their SPF record is not great and can possibly cause issues, at least that is what my support company has told me.
- Scanning of links in emails seems super limited and or non-existent. THings get through with completely bad malicious all the time and I assume they are not scanning them or they don't have a proper AV on their end.
- Once a domain is whitelisted any bad emails that may be spoofing that email domain are let through and no other filters apply to the emails. It's frustrating to have to white list 20+ individual email addresses from a company and not be able to white list just the domain and not feel secure doing that.
I think larger businesses that need to ensure delivery of emails with DKIM and DMARC are going to find that this service is lacking and not able to handle some of the new norms of email security.
We use AppRiver SecureTide to filter email for our own company, and we use it to protect our Managed Services Clients as well. We include AppRiver Email filtering for all of our managed clients. Utilizing AppRiver (after hosting our own spam filtering solution for many clients) made protecting our clients and ourselves so much better. We stop the vast majority of spam outright, and what is questionable is summarized for review by the end users. We've evalutaed a number of other solutions over the years and have never had a reason to change from AppRiver.
We also resell Office 365 and encrypted email services via AppRiver.
- Ease of management for a MSP. Even though there is no integration w/ PSA tools currently, I don't see this as a negative. The management is multi-tenant and simple to navigate.
- Support via chat is fast and very competent. Only downside is they are just available during extended business hours, not 24x7 on the chat.
- Reselling Office 365 is very simple and gives us an advantage over our competitors. Includes pre sales support and post sale support.
- Encrypted email services act much like others, it works very well and includes and Outlook Plug in to make it obvious you intend to send messaged encrypted.
- Email continuity. Email queuing is included, so if your onsite server goes down, mail queues at the spam filter until service is restored. You can step it up w/ their email continuity service which give you access to your mail at the spam filter in cases where your mail server is down for an extended period of time.
- It would be nice if the billing was integrated into our PSA tool (ConnectWise) for ease of billing. Since we've been doing this for so long, we just wrapped the cost of spam filtering into the base price of our services. As we add more Office 365 clients, this feature would help us keep up with billing better.
- There is still a separate portal for provisioning. I'd like to see this all on one place.
AppRiver Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
AppRiver Technical Details