Reviews (1-13 of 13)
- RAD and deployment.
- Ease of use for the users (intuitive).
- Ability to customise queries and manipulate data.
- GPS on the maps are terrible. We dont use the map to collect data as the signal is erratic only in Appsheet. We have another app installed on the same phone to get X,Y data which is copied and pasted into the appsheet solution. We have tried everything but Appsheet map and coordinate accuracy and erratic behaviour is below par.
- Deployment management. While it is great that people see your changes right away, it sometimes leads to downtime if one makes a mistake. In the beginning it was hard to tell which changes would negatively effect the users and in some cases the data got jumbled due to table changes. Would be good if development, testing and deployment were better streamlined. No need for auto testing (like selenium etc.) just a place we can test before deploying. Now we have several "dev" versions with a cumbersome copy and paste system.
- Timely data coordination between the teams regarding truck status which update live with GPS location and Geofences created with multiple inputs from various branches Countrywide.
- Order Management, Freight Rates, Daily updates, Statistics Reports, Data Analysis.
- Email and phone numbers of contacts and addresses stored and updated on a daily basis.
- Market Survey on other Transportation Providers, Competitor Strategies.
- Training sessions to make teams explore and use AppSheet to facilitate reselling in multiple Industries.
- Make things much simpler, interesting and "user-friendly".
- Sharper attention to details.
- Get the Research team committed to the evolvement of the platform on a day to day basis with inputs from multiple Industries and users.
- Intelligence to go into understanding the device being used by the user to facilitate zoom levels needed to fit certain information to the screen.
What I can say is that it significantly streamlines operational workflows in the hospitality industry.
- Makes more use of mobile devices than I was expecting.
- Makes managing versions and beta users much easier than even using GitHub.
- Very efficiently and effectively supports rapid prototyping sitting right next to the user. This enables significant participation and buy-in by the user community.
- There's just one more feature on the mobile device I would like to use: bluetooth.
- Being a database guy, there are some rather fancy things I'm used to doing with queries that simply aren't possible. Sure, 90% of the people won't run into this, and I think that's the point.
- With the caveat that I haven't done a lot of reporting in AppSheet, what I have done makes me think that this is not where one does reporting.
As far as bridge applications, I'm talking about when you'd love to have a feature out there collecting data or experiences while the "real thing" gets built. This way you don't corrupt production data, yet you still use it. When the feature is ready to go, users already have a sense of how to do things and a leg up on historical data to make the feature more robust.
- I like the map feature.
- I am paid by the mile so "how far" and a map make it easy to know how well I am doing.
- I have to keep track of expenses and I need my phone on the trips. I can easily enter expense data using the app I made.
- Using my own logo was a bit challenging.
- Setting up backgrounds sometimes works and sometimes not.
- There are not enough ways to jazz up the form presentations. So, even though it is functional it would be nice if when I show it to someone it has a little wow to it.
AppSheet doesn't have ways to use the camera for collecting data - so some way of filtering the data so I can look only at the data I need would be nice.
As one can imagine, managing the procedures within an aviation service organization is a challenging and complex task. Internal communication must occur precisely and effectively in order for external processes to operate without flaw. Because Aviation Services S.p.A. is often handling sensitive calculations about aircraft loads and balance, flight control, turnaround coordination, load movement, and passenger transport, the margin for error is nonexistent.
Until 3 Years ago, Aviation Services S.p.A. was operating these procedures via electronic data sheets and communicating the information to each other via phone. Marco suspected there might be a better way, and that’s when he found AppSheet.
The app's Marco built is called Synchro, and it’s designed to manage all of the figures responsible for processing and flight management.
Now that the process has been systemized via the use of the app, data entry and coordination is seamless. All of the data for each flight is now easily shared among responsible parties without the need to communicate verbally, thereby reducing the potential for human error.
In the aviation industry, there’s no room for that!
- Easily connected with Google Spreadsheets.
- The development of an application is quite easy and intuitive.
- Technical support is efficient and quick.
- It would be nice to have more chances to change UI.
- I would like to have the ability to change the appearance as you do with Android Studio.
- It seamlessly records data on to a spreadsheet.
- It helps in analyzing data within the app itself. Virtual columns are a godsend feature!
- It has an amazing user community and customer support that helps you every single time you have an issue!
- It constantly changes (in good ways) with frequent web platform updates.
- Some wiggle room for UX design customization would be so great to have.
- Easy to setup and use.
- Listens to the users' feedback and when possible they make the updates suggested.
- Because AppSheet is continuously making improvements, the documentation doesn't always keep up with the changes.
- The support is difficult to navigate since the G+ community doesn't have titles on posts and they are strictly in chronological order, it can be hard to find the answers you are looking for.
Then I stumbled across AppSheet and it was PERFECT for what we needed. The levels of customization mean that the build can be as easy or as complicated as you would like, and it was fun to learn how to set it all up. The app worked flawlessly and was simple enough even for end users who aren't technologically savvy. I will absolutely use AppSheet again and would recommend to anyone looking for a way to keep their data organized and presented in a user friendly format.
- Ease of use and intuitive framework; can be as easy or as complicated as you need
- Customization for organization needs
- Integration with Google Sheets (or other third-party systems) means that viewing and editing data as an administrator is still easy and is reflected in the app
- I'd like to see some kind of tiered enterprise license for nonprofits. I SUPER appreciate the nonprofit discount but it still gets pricey when we have almost no budget. If we could pay a set fee and get like 10-30 licenses or something that would be ideal, but I know that's not likely.
- Customization when it comes to branding/images. I would like to be able to make it look more like a real app and less like an off-the-shelf product.
- Easily add data to my spreadsheet.
- App provides a quick view of recently added data.
- Multiple users can add to the same sheet.
- A more user-friendly backend.
- More features in the free version.
- More flexibility with the data that is being transferred from the spreadsheet to the app.
AppSheet Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Common use cases include field service, transportation, customer surveys, incident reports, field data capture, compliance reports, delivery tracking, and property surveys.
Used by the Fortune 500 & Industry Leaders
Customers include Clearlink, Enterprise Holdings, ESPN, Pepsi, the University of Michigan, and the State of Colorado.
AppSheet allows users to build a No Code App in 4 Ways
1) Connect your data sources (e.g. Excel, Google Sheets, SQL, etc.).
2) Copy a sample app.
3) Use an Add-On for Google Sheets, Forms, or Excel.
4) Start from SPEC, our natural language declarative programming tool.
|Public App||$50||per app|
Personal apps and prototype are always free to build. Don't pay until you're ready to deploy. What can I do for free? Use the complete set of AppSheet features for free while building one or many app prototypes (for as long as you like). Invite up to 10 users for free to use your apps & share feedback. How do Business Subscription pricing work? Business Subscriptions enable a suite of performance & management features for organizations with cross-departmental app creators, and pricing is based on each unique requirements. Connect with the AppSheet team at solutions.appsheet.com/contact to learn more.
AppSheet Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
AppSheet Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|