https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/pD/PT/TKCM4GCT8C2V.JPEGAppSheet used to fight Africas external aid dependanceUsed in developing countries to aid in decentralisation, own source revenues and transparency. Funded by UK and Canadian Government.,RAD and deployment. Ease of use for the users (intuitive). Ability to customise queries and manipulate data.,GPS on the maps are terrible. We dont use the map to collect data as the signal is erratic only in Appsheet. We have another app installed on the same phone to get X,Y data which is copied and pasted into the appsheet solution. We have tried everything but Appsheet map and coordinate accuracy and erratic behaviour is below par. Deployment management. While it is great that people see your changes right away, it sometimes leads to downtime if one makes a mistake. In the beginning it was hard to tell which changes would negatively effect the users and in some cases the data got jumbled due to table changes. Would be good if development, testing and deployment were better streamlined. No need for auto testing (like selenium etc.) just a place we can test before deploying. Now we have several "dev" versions with a cumbersome copy and paste system.,10,Led to contracting and a new vision with regards to social entrepreneurship.,Betty Blocks,MySQL, Microsoft Azure, Angular Feature FlagsAppSheet ReviewAppSheet is being used to study transportation in India with a fleet of 1,000 trucks. It will be utilized in all of our departments: Management Information System, Analytics, Statistics, Operations, Marketing, Order Management,Timely data coordination between the teams regarding truck status which update live with GPS location and Geofences created with multiple inputs from various branches Countrywide. Order Management, Freight Rates, Daily updates, Statistics Reports, Data Analysis. Email and phone numbers of contacts and addresses stored and updated on a daily basis. Market Survey on other Transportation Providers, Competitor Strategies. Training sessions to make teams explore and use AppSheet to facilitate reselling in multiple Industries.,Make things much simpler, interesting and "user-friendly". Sharper attention to details. Get the Research team committed to the evolvement of the platform on a day to day basis with inputs from multiple Industries and users. Intelligence to go into understanding the device being used by the user to facilitate zoom levels needed to fit certain information to the screen.,10,Under trial. No concrete numbers as of yet. Expecting significant growth.,Instant Prototyping: Just Add AppSheetIts use is currently confidential as we investigate its capability in the space. What I can say is that it significantly streamlines operational workflows in the hospitality industry.,Makes more use of mobile devices than I was expecting. Makes managing versions and beta users much easier than even using GitHub. Very efficiently and effectively supports rapid prototyping sitting right next to the user. This enables significant participation and buy-in by the user community.,There's just one more feature on the mobile device I would like to use: bluetooth. Being a database guy, there are some rather fancy things I'm used to doing with queries that simply aren't possible. Sure, 90% of the people won't run into this, and I think that's the point. With the caveat that I haven't done a lot of reporting in AppSheet, what I have done makes me think that this is not where one does reporting.,10,We are planning to release numbers, but in terms of hours/dollars we are seeing as much as an 80% reduction in workload. What used to consume about 2 days a week is now 2 - 3 hours. The fact that it just works on anybody's phone, tablet, or browser in the office means 100% rollout with ZERO infrastructure costs, either in hardware, configuration, installation, ..... The fact that we can write applets that augment corporate systems, then extract and upload data easily, has made integration manageable and controllable.,Easy to use google enhancementI currently work on the side by being a professional driver for a large car dealer in nearby towns. I have developed an app using AppSheet to make it easy to keep up with drive data. One advantage is I can update things like purchasing gas in the app while at the pump so I do not get anything wrong for my reimbursement. The only disadvantage is the app looks a little generic so I would like to jazz it up a bit with more pictures and better presentation on the form pages.,I like the map feature. I am paid by the mile so "how far" and a map make it easy to know how well I am doing. I have to keep track of expenses and I need my phone on the trips. I can easily enter expense data using the app I made.,Using my own logo was a bit challenging. Setting up backgrounds sometimes works and sometimes not. There are not enough ways to jazz up the form presentations. So, even though it is functional it would be nice if when I show it to someone it has a little wow to it.,9,I will use it some more and decide how well it suits my needs. If this is a good fit for me others will ask to have one made for them when they see me use it that is why more "good looks" will spark interest. At this point I do not see how I can have different people access their own data by configuring the app. I am not sure about the pay version...,,Microsoft AccessMy experience with AppSheetAs one can imagine, managing the procedures within an aviation service organization is a challenging and complex task. Internal communication must occur precisely and effectively in order for external processes to operate without flaw. Because Aviation Services S.p.A. is often handling sensitive calculations about aircraft loads and balance, flight control, turnaround coordination, load movement, and passenger transport, the margin for error is nonexistent.Until 3 Years ago, Aviation Services S.p.A. was operating these procedures via electronic data sheets and communicating the information to each other via phone. Marco suspected there might be a better way, and that’s when he found AppSheet. The app's Marco built is called Synchro, and it’s designed to manage all of the figures responsible for processing and flight management. Now that the process has been systemized via the use of the app, data entry and coordination is seamless. All of the data for each flight is now easily shared among responsible parties without the need to communicate verbally, thereby reducing the potential for human error.In the aviation industry, there’s no room for that!,Easily connected with Google Spreadsheets. The development of an application is quite easy and intuitive. Technical support is efficient and quick.,It would be nice to have more chances to change UI. I would like to have the ability to change the appearance as you do with Android Studio.,9,Speeding up of operational processes. Facilitating data collection and data search.
Windows, Linux, Mac
AppSheet

AppSheet Reviews

AppSheet
Filter 37 vetted AppSheet reviews and ratings

Jethro Buttner profile photo
February 27, 2019

Review: "AppSheet used to fight Africas external aid dependance"

• RAD and deployment.
  • Ease of use for the users (intuitive).
  • Ability to customise queries and manipulate data.
  • GPS on the maps are terrible. We dont use the map to collect data as the signal is erratic only in Appsheet. We have another app installed on the same phone to get X,Y data which is copied and pasted into the appsheet solution. We have tried everything but Appsheet map and coordinate accuracy and erratic behaviour is below par.
  • Deployment management. While it is great that people see your changes right away, it sometimes leads to downtime if one makes a mistake. In the beginning it was hard to tell which changes would negatively effect the users and in some cases the data got jumbled due to table changes. Would be good if development, testing and deployment were better streamlined. No need for auto testing (like selenium etc.) just a place we can test before deploying. Now we have several "dev" versions with a cumbersome copy and paste system.
I gave it a 10 because the company is relatively young and caters to a segment I think has been overlooked by others such as Betty Blocks etc. Those wanting a foot in the game really have the advantage that AppSheet allows you to develop for free while making up your mind. This allowed me to pilot a small version to prove the concept and it will result later (as we sign the deal) a deployment of 80+ users on one of the projects we work with. Expect an exponential growth by 2020. This means we dont have to build an internal mobile platform but hopefully can continue with Appsheet. I hope it will scale. The support and community is excellent!!!
Read Jethro Buttner's full review
Harish Narendrula profile photo
April 16, 2019

"AppSheet Review"

• Timely data coordination between the teams regarding truck status which update live with GPS location and Geofences created with multiple inputs from various branches Countrywide.
  • Order Management, Freight Rates, Daily updates, Statistics Reports, Data Analysis.
  • Email and phone numbers of contacts and addresses stored and updated on a daily basis.
  • Market Survey on other Transportation Providers, Competitor Strategies.
  • Training sessions to make teams explore and use AppSheet to facilitate reselling in multiple Industries.
  • Make things much simpler, interesting and "user-friendly".
  • Sharper attention to details.
  • Get the Research team committed to the evolvement of the platform on a day to day basis with inputs from multiple Industries and users.
  • Intelligence to go into understanding the device being used by the user to facilitate zoom levels needed to fit certain information to the screen.
It is well suited for organizations that need to track various data.
Read Harish Narendrula's full review
Doug Thom profile photo
April 05, 2019

User Review: "Instant Prototyping: Just Add AppSheet"

• Makes more use of mobile devices than I was expecting.
  • Makes managing versions and beta users much easier than even using GitHub.
  • Very efficiently and effectively supports rapid prototyping sitting right next to the user. This enables significant participation and buy-in by the user community.
  • There's just one more feature on the mobile device I would like to use: bluetooth.
  • Being a database guy, there are some rather fancy things I'm used to doing with queries that simply aren't possible. Sure, 90% of the people won't run into this, and I think that's the point.
  • With the caveat that I haven't done a lot of reporting in AppSheet, what I have done makes me think that this is not where one does reporting.
It is amazingly suited to rapid prototyping and bridge applications. With rapid prototyping, you can sit in front of the user and see results immediately. This can be with your data, with test data, or completely off the map to blue sky new ideas.
As far as bridge applications, I'm talking about when you'd love to have a feature out there collecting data or experiences while the "real thing" gets built. This way you don't corrupt production data, yet you still use it. When the feature is ready to go, users already have a sense of how to do things and a leg up on historical data to make the feature more robust.
Read Doug Thom's full review
Michael King profile photo
March 20, 2019

AppSheet Review: "Easy to use google enhancement"

• I like the map feature.
  • I am paid by the mile so "how far" and a map make it easy to know how well I am doing.
  • I have to keep track of expenses and I need my phone on the trips. I can easily enter expense data using the app I made.
  • Using my own logo was a bit challenging.
  • Setting up backgrounds sometimes works and sometimes not.
  • There are not enough ways to jazz up the form presentations. So, even though it is functional it would be nice if when I show it to someone it has a little wow to it.
Easily using Google data was the key for me. I am going to track the information anyway, this gave me an even better way to present the data on the mobile device. I will still use Google Sheets.

AppSheet doesn't have ways to use the camera for collecting data - so some way of filtering the data so I can look only at the data I need would be nice.
Read Michael King's full review
marco badalamenti profile photo
February 19, 2019

User Review: "My experience with AppSheet"

In the aviation industry, there’s no room for that!

• Easily connected with Google Spreadsheets.
  • The development of an application is quite easy and intuitive.
  • Technical support is efficient and quick.
  • It would be nice to have more chances to change UI.
  • I would like to have the ability to change the appearance as you do with Android Studio.
One of the best-use scenarios is updating databases with data stored in the app.
Read marco badalamenti's full review
Malaka Jayawardene profile photo
February 13, 2019

Review: "Clinical Database Management Redefined by AppSheet!"

I am a surgeon in Sri Lanka. I currently work in the hepatopancreaticobiliary (HPB) unit at Colombo South Teaching Hospital, Sri Lanka. We get so many patients referred to our unit with various HPB conditions from all over the country and maintaining their clinical data has always been a challenge for us. The unit was using a Google sheet to maintain data on patients which was very cumbersome, mainly due to the difficulty in handling a large spreadsheet spread across a computer screen. Furthermore, we encounter patients at different locations in the hospital (clinics, wards, operation theatre, radiology department etc.) and the computer was at only one place, so going back to the computer to enter data was very impractical. All of this culminated in significant lapses in the patient data. Then, I found out about AppSheet and within a couple of months, I managed to make an HPB Database app that records patient details. I have made it in such a way that we now can record patient data on so many aspects, on multiple disease conditions over 20+ different tables and 300+ columns. People at AppSheet like Aleksi Alkio, Steve Coile, Reza Raoofi and users like Suvrutt Gurjar have helped me a lot to learn complex things within the app. It's an amazing app, and once you get the hang of expressions/simple codes/formulas, you can do awesome things in it!
  • It seamlessly records data on to a spreadsheet.
  • It helps in analyzing data within the app itself. Virtual columns are a godsend feature!
  • It has an amazing user community and customer support that helps you every single time you have an issue!
  • It constantly changes (in good ways) with frequent web platform updates.
  • Some wiggle room for UX design customization would be so great to have.
It's an amazing way to record data. If you have a lot of data to be saved on a spreadsheet and you want to do it on the go, AppSheet is the best platform for that!
Read Malaka Jayawardene's full review
Rajeev Tatkar profile photo
March 28, 2019

AppSheet Review: "Good for prototyping"

It is being used as a prototyping tool for development of applications. This tool has helped us to expand the scope of projects in a meaningful manner without any additional cost. It is likely to be used until we can find a different tool that can be used to generate HTML, JS, or CSS for our final product requirements in as simple a manner.
  • Its quick
  • Its accurate
  • Its fast
  • Scope for improvement in providing SQL-like language to slice and link various tables.
Excellent for prototyping and working from simple projects with just a Google spreadsheet as a starting point for the project. It is in my opinion not recommended for multiuser large enterprise scale projects which require a more robust mechanism for handling data and processes. It also lacks the ability to create workflows.
Read Rajeev Tatkar's full review
Todd Pavlou profile photo
February 22, 2019

Review: "AppSheet - if I can use it, then so can you!"

I am not a coder and was originally a little frightened of being able to use the product, but I am pleased to say that there is plenty of quality assistance through the AppSheet webinars to help you learn. Also, the learning library can help even a novice like me understand. We use the product for reports and planning.
  • Easy to use.
  • Functional.
  • Simple.
  • Some of the calculations in the sheet could be better explained.
Well suited for building prototypes and getting designs from paper into reality.
Read Todd Pavlou's full review
Steven Wood profile photo
February 11, 2019

User Review: "New Appsheet User"

I am currently setting up an app using AppSheet to replace our manual field service check sheets. This should reduce the amount of time and effort it takes to complete inspection and make it more useful than working with paper forms in a dirty and wet environment.
  • Easy to setup and use.
  • Listens to the users' feedback and when possible they make the updates suggested.
  • Because AppSheet is continuously making improvements, the documentation doesn't always keep up with the changes.
  • The support is difficult to navigate since the G+ community doesn't have titles on posts and they are strictly in chronological order, it can be hard to find the answers you are looking for.
Any kind of field entry/inspection process seems to be well suited for the application. Situations for which you want customer feedback may not be cost effective due to the high number of users that would result.
Read Steven Wood's full review
Benjamin Sabbah profile photo
January 26, 2019

Review: "With AppSheet, create in a few hours just the app you need"

Thanks to AppSheet we've built, in just a few hours - days, a pipe app which is 100% tailored to our needs! More specifically, we were able to integrate our products' references, categorize our clients and create a great contacts repository, all data being linked through a smooth interface.

Then, thanks to its open databases connections, you can easily plug the data gathered through your app to your own business dashboards via Excel or Google Sheet.

I definitely recommend AppSheet to anyone who would need to create a cost-effective app to gather data among his/her company and track evolutions.
  • Easy to set up
  • Open to any source of data
  • Open to many software to run data analysis
  • N/A
AppSheet can be very useful to track business (pipe, payment), to manage projects...
Read Benjamin Sabbah's full review
February 13, 2019

User Review: "AppSheet is the complete package"

I am part of the board of a charity event that is held every year through a church in my area. We have over 400 volunteers that we have to register, train and then check-in for the event. We also have 170 guests that we need to check in for their event. In the past we had clumsily used Excel, and then tried to use other digital solutions to make everything more streamlined and efficient but nothing worked for our needs and still had a lot of room for error.
Then I stumbled across AppSheet and it was PERFECT for what we needed. The levels of customization mean that the build can be as easy or as complicated as you would like, and it was fun to learn how to set it all up. The app worked flawlessly and was simple enough even for end users who aren't technologically savvy. I will absolutely use AppSheet again and would recommend to anyone looking for a way to keep their data organized and presented in a user friendly format.
  • Ease of use and intuitive framework; can be as easy or as complicated as you need
  • Customization for organization needs
  • Integration with Google Sheets (or other third-party systems) means that viewing and editing data as an administrator is still easy and is reflected in the app
  • I'd like to see some kind of tiered enterprise license for nonprofits. I SUPER appreciate the nonprofit discount but it still gets pricey when we have almost no budget. If we could pay a set fee and get like 10-30 licenses or something that would be ideal, but I know that's not likely.
  • Customization when it comes to branding/images. I would like to be able to make it look more like a real app and less like an off-the-shelf product.
It's well suited in any scenario where you need a digital solution and there isn't one out there that fully meets your needs. If you have a lot of data that needs to be organized and presented to end users in an easy-to-use format, AppSheet is the best choice.
February 26, 2019

Review: "AppSheet is a great starter forms service offering."

We tried AppSheet to digitize a form of ours for field inspectors to use while away from the office. This was supposed to just be used for one team, to begin with. The form was intended to remove a paper step and incorporate a new workflow to replace it. Unfortunately, AppSheet was not sophisticated enough for what we were trying to accomplish as far as creating the interface. We wanted something very customized.
  • Simple to set up.
  • Fast to get in place.
  • Good sheet/data storage options.
  • Just not the right tool for very specific layout configurations.
AppSheet excels at quick and easy forms. The opportunities to use simple forms is almost endless and AppSheet does this well. The forms are fast and intuitive to set up and use. The interface is very good. The cost is unbeatable. This product just did not work out for us as we were needing a very specific interface and functionality.
February 11, 2019

"Appsheet Review"

It is being used as a maintenance log for equipment in four city departments
  • Easily add data to my spreadsheet.
  • App provides a quick view of recently added data.
  • Multiple users can add to the same sheet.
  • A more user-friendly backend.
  • More features in the free version.
  • More flexibility with the data that is being transferred from the spreadsheet to the app.
AppSheet works well for data that needs to be transferred to the spreadsheet without having to open the sheet itself. It will not work as well if you have data on multiple rows within the sheet.

AppSheet Scorecard Summary

Visual Modeling (13)
Platform Security (12)
Platform User Management (13)
Reusability (12)
Platform Scalability (12)

About AppSheet

According to the vendor, AppSheet is an intelligent, no-code app platform for everyone. Users can create apps to transform the workplace.

Common use cases include field service, transportation, customer surveys, incident reports, field data capture, compliance reports, delivery tracking, and property surveys.

Used by the Fortune 500 & Industry Leaders
Customers include Clearlink, Enterprise Holdings, ESPN, Pepsi, the University of Michigan, and the State of Colorado.

AppSheet allows users to build a No Code App in 4 Ways
1) Connect your data sources (e.g. Excel, Google Sheets, SQL, etc.).
2) Copy a sample app.
3) Use an Add-On for Google Sheets, Forms, or Excel.
4) Start from SPEC, our natural language declarative programming tool.

The vendor says AppSheet is useful if you:
1) Require a custom mobile app to brand and distribute to employees, colleagues, or customers
2) Are not a software developer