- Apricot by Social Solutions is very user-friendly. Staff training and use has been a breeze. Staff and volunteers very quickly pick up on the navigation which creates confidence and user empowerment.
- Apricot by Social Solutions is flexible. Organizations can adjust the software to match their structure during the implementation phase and easily make adjustments on their own after implementation.
- Apricot by Social Solutions is affordable. It is still a significant investment for an organization that has not previously purchased case management software, but in comparing twelve different software solution options, Apricot by far offered the greatest value.
- Customer support could be a bit more personal. As an organization, we do not pay for any extra support packages, which means that all of our support tickets are resolved over email. This can get frustrating when troubleshooting could happen more efficiently by phone - but again, we have not purchased additional support packages.
- All of our participants are in the database, and we are able to access their file with no problems.
- Very easy to use and manage users.
- There is a step by step manual that was provided, in order to help with any difficulties that we come across.
- We do not have any cons at the moment.
- Although this software is user friendly, at times it makes it difficult to generate reports. It seems that when we print the window that generates the reports take too long to open.
- The flexibility of creating report elements and form designs is extremely user-friendly. The design elements are very intuitive.
- I love the search feature. I don't even have to create a report! I can simply do a quick search for the combination of information that I am looking for.
- The customer service messaging feature is something that I have used quite often. The people from Social Solutions respond very quickly and they are very thorough. They seemed to really want to help me create exactly what I was looking for.
- The communication in the form of email updates and information on what was going on with the system was always up to date and helpful.
- Sometimes I found the step-by-step instructions hard to follow. Luckily Apricot has video tutorials and that usually helped me figure things out.
- There were just a few times early on that I thought a couple minor pieces of info disappeared after I entered them.
- Software customization and manipulation allows for accurate and applicable workflow
- The ability to access any information via flexible report building
- User permissions and authorizations to restrict data visibility between programs
- The user interface can be to be intimidating for low volume users.
- More free training options made available for new users.
- When wholesale updates are made to forms the existing workflow and setup of the existing form is disrupted requiring additional editing by the administrator.
- Tracking events and those who went to the events and to be able to generate reports based on that.
- To be able to show what the company is doing in an easy to understand way.
- It tracks what is being done very easily.
- It works well with keeping track of clients, volunteers and the events and sessions that took place based on company interactions.
- If you're looking for financing based reports it's not as efficient.
- The report function allows for building of reports that are specific to the information being requested by funders. The report feature is relatively simple to maneuver.
- Maintaining client data allows this organization to have a more reliable manner to record services provided.
- We are just beginning to use the donor section of the database for donor retention purposes.
- A more mainstreamed method to record client data. At this time, our service providers are required to enter data in several sections of the program that can make data entry more cumbersome.
- Creation of batch records for services would make data entry much better for our staff. At this time, if we provide a group counseling session, staff have to individually add the service to each client folder. When you have a group of 20-25, this is a timely process.
- Technical support methods could be simplified with the addition of actually speaking to a tech support person instead of strictly relying on email communication. Lots can be lost in translation with this form of communication.
- At times, it appears the servers that maintain all data are not functioning at the required capacity necessary to maintain the data. On more than one occasion, data entered would not actually show up until a day or days later, resulting in multiple entries of the same data.
Also, with the HUD APR and ESG CAPER report, since these are required reports for funded agencies, and Apricot is a comparable database, agencies using Apricot should not be required to pay for the feature/updates of these.
- Easy of use for the end user
- Reports that can made and customizable
- Training for the administrator excellent
- End user training was not good, more needs to be done to make it simple for those who need to use it
- Improvement reports are not easy to put together, requires tech support
- Report writing requires skills and needs to have more tech support
- The support staff does an incredible job when things get off track. Their ability to problem solve, backtrack and fix errors was exceptional when I needed assistance with a problem. One particular complex instance required going back several days into history, making changes and recreating subsequent changes was met with patience, thoughtful consideration and follow through.
- Social Solutions provides users with many easily available forms of self help for both users and program administrators as well as formal training options.
- I have found that Social Solutions listens to their clients. They provide forums where users can ask questions to their staff and share issues with other companies using their software. Many times answers are shared among users and problems are solved
- The staff is well informed and knowledgeable about the system and have always worked well with me when I have an issue. They have also collaborated among themselves on more complex issues.
- Notification to clients that there is a problem with the Social Solutions server. When their system goes down is not always clear that the issue is with the software and time is spent trying to determine if the problem is local or with Social Solutions.
- I would like a function in reports that would easily allow selected fields to be base on a "if not this than that"
- We have 300+ employees that have access to the our reports on Apricot. Its so easy for anyone in our agency to view these reports seconds after they are written. Apricot gives us access to Archived files in seconds too. This is a very efficient way of keeping 100's of files organized and easy to access.
- I would like to see us be able to search using several different options, sometimes the searches don't reveal the exact info we need or reveal too much and then I sort out the files that aren't necessary for my needs.
Apricot by Social Solutions Review: "Apricot - great for flexibility in creating your data system and customizing links between data"
- Continual data monitoring
- Flexibility in creating linked forms for data entry
- Ability to bulk-process data in addition to individual data entry
- Setting email or text triggers based on the date filter
- Creating a individual dashboard interface to look at selected data points for one person
- Creating separate bulletin spaces for different categories. The homepage gets quickly cluttered if you use too many bulletins.
Apricot is great if you are interested in "lists of people" who meet or do not meet a criteria but less useful if you want to focus on an individual. I mean this on a reporting and visual interface level.
Speed and reliability can be sometimes be an issue although we have never lost data but our users always wish things were a little faster.
- Human service organizations are often required to provide efforts-to-outcomes reports for their stakeholders. There are different databases that can provide standard templates and query wizards that can be tailored for customized reporting, depending on size and needs of the organization. We chose Apricot because it fits the needs of smaller organizations. Our package came with both a small number of templates that are easily adaptable to required reporting forms, and the ability to create forms from scratch.
- As an administrator, I can easily save and publish forms and reports, and then view them either as administrator or as one of the user accounts without having to log off as administrator, which saves a lot of time and keystrokes.
- Apricot's online Help Center (tab available on user dashboard) is very comprehensive, offering, in addition to instructional articles, short, simple how-to videos for users and administrators. I have used them for myself and for training staff.
- Apricot is built on a "file folder" structure, using categories called profiles. Our main profile is for our clients. Each client has a profile with static demographic info (the "file folder"), and within that profile structure, forms are completed and filed for that client, easily searchable and accessible. If a complete, to-date historical record is needed for the client in a presentation format, everything for that client can be produced in with a simple menu command for that purpose.
- Reports can be created to include data across multiple profiles. Data is reported in real time as entered or updated. Data fields in the report can be filtered easily. No queries or wizards needed. Reports are accessed without need for third-party platforms. Graphic enhancements are very attractive and available during report-building.
- Administrators get a very thorough hands-on training through basic "boot camps" and additional follow-ups, depending on level of services purchased.
- I found it very easy to train staff down-line because of the navigational ease in Apricot's user dashboard. No way to get lost!
- Drag-and-drop features in right pallette of report-builder could be improved. Space is small for too many drop-down and scrolling options.
- Systems Field section on all forms could include more comprehensive historical data entry record. It currently includes the form creator and the latest user to update or edit data in the form (plus dates for same); would be useful to include latest two or three user edit/update records.
- Incorporate a true auto-populating feature, rather than a linking system beween records or profile data. Correcting, deleting, or revising data links when creating or revising forms has, at times, been confusing or complicated.
- We have found Apricot effective for designing data entry screen for our local grantee organizations to track clients in our programs. The ability to establish field and other edits has resulted in quality control for entered data. The capability to tweak screens through form logic for skips and consistency checks has made it easy to customize.
- We provide our grantees with access to only the clients in their program and the user/group/programs profiles have helped us to efficiently manage this process and provide custom access profiles as needed.
- The reporting capabilities have allowed us to design a long list of client listings and performance reports including plan versus actual reports. Grantees have found these reports useful for their local management of programs.
- For programs where we need a copy of the signed participant applications it is great that grantees can upload a scan and attach to each participant's profile.
- There are limitations in sizing and formatting columns and rows in reports using the standard applications (we don't do SQL ourselves.)
- A wish list feature would be to do charts and graphs rather than exporting data to Excel, etc.
Apricot by Social Solutions: "If I took the time to review something, it means the product is worth it!"
- Apricot allows us track data that we use in order to obtain grants for our non-profit organization.
- Apricot helps us keep track of the specific services we provide for each client.
- Apricot is very user-friendly and easy to navigate.
- I've noticed that creating relationships (linking one client to another) is not as easy as it could be. Seems a bit confusing and I always have to go back to my Apricot user guide for reference.
- Allows you to develop your own forms to capture the information necessary for your specific needs.
- Creating and modifying reports is made easy with this software.
- Learning Library is extensive and often addresses what you are searching for.
- Communicating online via the software portal vs. email can sometimes be challenging to get your point or idea across.
- User-friendly and straightforward software.
- Great software for small businesses.
- Workers can access it anywhere there is internet and provides for improved record keeping.
- Somewhat limited ability to truly customize forms within the software.
- Lack of instant access to customer service was frustrating at times.
- Create and run reports to gather statistics and compare trends.
- Client information stored in an efficient and organized manner.
- Live chat and easy-to-search help center.
- Adding a Copy-Form feature, like the copy-report.
- Allowing merge of duplicate profiles to be assigned to regular staff users, not just administrators.
- Apricot offers online training and webinars.
- Apricot Social Solutions has a constant chat available for any questions or information.
- A knowledge base with articles and videos to help you navigate the software when needed.
- Apricot by Social Solutions could really improve the reporting area.
- HUD APRs could be made to be one click only.
- Apricot's export of CSV files should be exported with the name HUD is looking for.
- Ability to customize forms making it easy for anyone to enter data.
- Rich reporting features so we can tailor reports needed to meet any specific requirements.
- Excellent cost/benefit ratio for the nonprofit environment.
- Faster answers to support inquiries.
- Better training on initial design of forms and more help with the learning curve for new users.
- Help customers do more than scratch the surface of this fully featured data management system. Smaller organizations often can't afford or identify that one person to be an Apricot wizard.
- User friendly - easy to train staff to use the system
- Helpful tutorials and resources
- As a non-IT person, able to learn how to develop forms and run reports
- Haven't been able to use the system to full capacity as we do not have an IT person that can guide us through the system. We are all clinicians and had to learn the system using tutorials.
- Create cases forms, it has many template examples.
- Construct a strong workflow with our process.
- Create reports easily to follow our actions and goals.
- It allows us to focus on our processes rather than software management. The hosting and support is pretty good.
- A better "what you see what you get" feature in the report generation.
- Must allow protecting fields from editing by the RLA feature.
- It should allow edit linked auto-populated fields between forms (if we do a modification in a secondary Tier form but from another Tier, by example)
Apricot by Social Solutions Review: "A Taste of Apricot: What my small non-profit expreience is with Apricot"
- Support. The help desk is full of great information and instructions on how to do everything I need to do in Apricot. When I submit a support request it is answered withing 24 hours and in a thorough and courteous way.
- Form generation. It is easy for users to enter information and to save their forms. The learning curve is short and people are able to get a hang of form creation after just a few experiences with it.
- Features. The main features of Apricot are all I need for the purposees of our organization. Submitting forms, generating reports, posting bulletins are the features I use most frequently. These general, main features are easy to use and intuitive.
- The administrator page. The problem is that it take a while to get used to the terminology and understand the organization structure behind the scenes. This is something you have to do as an administrator and it is not easy. The terminology they use is not intuitive and often changes with updates.
- Form design. It is easy to design very simple froms but when you get into more detail, more sections and more form rules, it is too time consuming. It takes too many mouse clicks/drag and drops to create complex forms and have the features you want on them beyond the basic features.
- Group Access. The structure for groups is not complex enough. It is not possible go give more than one user access to a Tier I form at any given time and this makes collaboration difficult
- Building forms is as easy as drag and drop!
- Reports are fully customizable.
- Privacy settings are easy to customize.
- It's sometimes difficult to locate help topics in the knowledge section. I find I don't always know exactly what I'm looking for, so searching can be a pain.
- I feel like Apricot has more strange glitches than other database systems.
- While customization is a strong point, it takes pre-planning to build a database from the ground up.
- Those who are not naturally tech-savvy find it very difficult to use and do not like that they cannot call a support line for assistance.
- Apricot is extremely user friendly. I have no formal computer training, but I am the database administrator for our agency.
- You can make things as simple or as complex as you choose.
- Very nice reporting capabilities.
- We would love to see a tickler system to alert us when things are coming due according to dates in the system.
- Would love to be able to use secure web forms for data to be put in Tier 2 forms under client, volunteer or staff intake record folders.
- Scheduling calendar or system for volunteers to sign up for shifts.
We have not figured out how to make it work for scheduling our volunteers to fill open shifts.
Apricot by Social Solutions Scorecard Summary
About Apricot by Social Solutions
Apricot by Social Solutions is a cloud-based solution for nonprofits of all sizes. The vendor says it brings strong, reliable data to the forefront in order to bolster a nonprofit organization’s impact. Additionally, the vendor says organizations that use Apricot save time and resources because they have a powerful tool that makes managing data more efficient than ever. As a result, they increase their time spent delivering mission.
Apricot is responsive and offers configurable forms and fields so organizations can customize their Apricot experience to their clients and mission. It allows nonprofit organizations to track what matters and follow clients throughout their entire lifecycle in a single, unduplicated record.
With Apricot, nonprofits can ensure data integrity through functionality that tracks whether the data in the system is complete, entered correctly, and unduplicated. With simple drag-and-drop functionality and outcomes management capabilities, Apricot helps nonprofit organizations transform more lives for the better.
Apricot users get real-time access to their data to facilitate collaboration and quick insights into program performance. Those insights can then be shared by creating streamlined reports within the system to present to organization stakeholders, board members, and funders. The vendor’s value proposition is that Apricot is a comprehensive solution that meets a nonprofit’s needs because it was made with them in mind!
Apricot by Social Solutions Screenshots
Apricot by Social Solutions Competitors
Pricing for Apricot is driven by individual usage and needs of your nonprofit. Your organization isn't one-size fits all, so neither is our pricing.
Apricot by Social Solutions Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Apricot by Social Solutions Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||United States of America, Australia, United Kingdom|
|Supported Languages: ||English|