Reviews (1-25 of 84)
- Ability to search by many fields
- Ability to link related individuals
- Prevention of duplicate participant profiles
- Adding permissions for users could be streamlined
- I would like to copy a profile's information (or parts of it) - we have many participants who are siblings and reentering the address and contact information takes time.
- Adding individual dates for each class is cumbersome
- Technical Support and Training are on point. Their Knowledge Base is extensive and Tech Support Personnel are super friendly and helpful.
- Account Managers are never far from your fingertips if you have questions about how Apricot by Social Solutions can be leveraged in new ways for your agency.
- Overall functionality of the system is smooth. I rarely hear from my users with problems that can't be easily diagnosed as operator errors.
- The future functionality of the system, the ways it WILL work, blow me away. Kudos to their R&D folks.
- Form and Report Creation is cumbersome if you recreate sections with duplicate formatting often.
- Ease of Use + Ease of Configuration
- System Flexibility
- Highly Effective Support Team and Tools (Knowledge Base, Training, etc.)
- Release management - surprise feature changes
- Lack of proactive communications about the product and transparency
- Timely development of features prioritized from customers
- Data integration/integration with other data systems
However, that does not limit Apricot Core to organizations that are more mature in the areas of process and data management maturity. With sufficiently thought-out organizational change management (OCM), implementation, and sustaining strategies, Apricot Core can be a catalyst to transform an agency into a data-driven and evidence-based organization.
It is worth putting emphasis on the need for well-thought-out OCM and sustaining strategies for the system. The system has the flexibility to support any workflow. With sufficient organizational change management and the right sustaining strategy, it will enable cohesive continuous improvement in standardizing and organizing the infrastructure to support your organization's goals.
If, however, the organization is not willing to commit to investing in these strategies, Apricot Core might not be the right platform. This is primarily why I've rated it a 7 out of 10 on how likely I am to recommend it to a colleague.
A similar example is a difference in compiling information used to respond to RFPs or to apply for grants. We are able to gather in minutes what used to take weeks, and the information is more meaningful and more accurate.
The improvements we've made to the quality of the services we deliver are equally meaningful. An example in this area is the way we've configured follow-up reminders for our Case Managers, which supports consistency and improves the quality of service delivery for our program participants.
- It allows you to build out what is necessary for your organization.
- It is easy to use.
- We were told at the time of purchase that it would do some things it doesn't.
- We paid for a member of Apricot to "help" input our records and formulate things from our old system to Apricot. We didn't receive the level of service we anticipated.
- Easy to navigate database! We appreciate the user-friendly aspects of Apricot. It makes it easy to train new employees.
- Affordable for the quality received. As a nonprofit we needed something affordable but good quality. Apricot was the perfect choice for us.
- Room to grow. In the 3 years we've had Apricot we've grown by 33%. Apricot supports our organizaitonal growth and offers services to meet our needs.
- AMAZING Customer Care Team Members! The customer care team members are knowledgeable and quick to respond. They go above and beyond in the customer care department!
- Upload and edit. I would love to be able to upload a template into Apricot and edit it from there rather than always having to build out forms.
- Billing. The billing page can be confusing. We've had some issues with understanding what we currently owed and when payments were processed. This area could become more user-friendly.
After 1-year of services, clients in 2019 saw the following outcomes:
92% of families were housed in a stable rental.
80% improvement in child health including access to preventative care, sick care, dental, and immunizations.
Almost 70% of moms showed improvement in mental health including depression/suicide, management of mental illness, and self-esteem.
Almost doubled rate of children’s access to educational childcare.
30% increase in moms’ self-esteem.
In 2019, 86% of moms were employed and/or pursuing education.
- It is infinitely flexible.
- The report engine is intuitive.
- Service response is fast.
- Initial system design is very difficult for a lay person.
- The report graphing features are too limited.
- No ability to make global changes to selected records.
- Having a cloud based case management software is a huge plus.
- Having a blank canvas so we can create the software the way we want it to look.
- Having the Arizona Self Sufficiency matrix already a form to use has been huge.
- Capability of a dashboard.
- Capability of a form that is a text box that does not limit text.
- An easier way to track who has intake matrices and who does not. Comparing data is a challenge.
that option doesn't exist.
- Customer service is very accessible.
- Form design is flexible and accommodating.
- Capable of maintaining various types of database info in one system.
- Positioning of data records is efficient.
- Tutorials are not always easy to understand by a novice user so one has to resort to contacting Customer Support.
- The ability to retrofit standard form design to our agency's specifications needs expansion.
- No connectivity between other Apricot users, outside of our organization, for us to share common clients and/or data.
- The development of the client roster is cumbersome. Must be exported and manipulated to remove duplications.
- Extremely powerful search features.
- Advanced reporting abilities that are very easy to set up and use.
- Entirely 100% customizable to our org's precise needs.
- AMAZING tech support!
- Super user-friendly, even for non-tech types.
- Location/heat maps are limited to a relatively small number of data points.
- Would be nice to print reports from the document folder (i.e. full list of records).
- More a la carte features.
- Support is excellent: I find this a very important part of the product.
- Most things I need to do are done easily.
- Setting up reports that I can export is fairly easy.
- The biggest gripe I have with Apricot is the constraints on the pages. I have little control over the real estate used. For example, if I use the "Name" on a report it takes the entire line and I cannot edit that. When I create entry forms, questions take up too much real estate and the users have to constantly scroll down the page. It makes their task look daunting even before they have started.
- I have difficulty importing data to fill forms when there is a drop-down. This should not require me to make all sorts of changes. This should be fixed by Apricot.
- From time to time, I use a feature only to find out that it was something that was temporary and has since been removed. One that caused us extreme problems was when the ability to delete a calendar entry no longer deleted the entry on the Outlook calendar. The only way I found out was after many rides had been confused, I called support to find out that this "benefit" was no longer available.
- When updates are done to the system, I believe that Apricot should let us know how to exercise the system to make sure that the product is working the way we expect.
I would like to have the ability to set up some "shortcuts," for example, <CTRL> S to save. Keyboard shortcuts are a big help when you are entering data. Constantly leaving the keyboard to use the mouse and then move back to the keyboard again takes time and there really should not be any reason why keyboard shortcuts can't be set up either by Apricot or individualized by the end-user.
I think Apricot is very good for certain uses. It appears to me that this database was created to run a school and has bee adapted to do other things. Generally speaking, this is not always adaptable to our business model.
We have not had any issue of adding data fields needed as governing bodies change their data requests. That is such a plus for me! I can make these changes on the fly and that is a very good thing. If, however, we had selected a database that 90% of our piers used, these changes would be made automatically. But the fact that I can make the changes has worked thus far.
- Apricot Core brings efficiency to the database build-out process. This is particularly important for non-profits with limited financial and IT professional support.
- For non-IT oriented employees, the user interface is simple and intuitive.
- None at this time.
Our resident services program is fairly new and still being developed. Apricot gives us the tools to track our work with residents all in one place without being tied to paper documents and physical files. It allows us to develop reports to provide our partners and donors. The database will possibly help attract more funding.
- Apricot's sales staff are very informative and professional. They work at the pace of the organization without pushing a sale, but instead, providing feedback and assistance in making a final decision.
- I appreciate that you are provided with a decent amount of initial users (10), which can be cost effective to smaller organizations that can't afford to necessarily pay per user if they only have a few staff members using it.
- The ability for participants to access and complete forms online has been particularly helpful during the COVID-19 pandemic. In general, just being able to access all of our residents' data remotely has made the immediate transition to working from home much easier.
- It would be helpful if you could 1) reassign tier two forms, and 2) replicate forms or create custom templates to reuse.
- Tracking attendance and scheduling functions are very challenging to navigate and add to forms.
- The initial training felt very unstructured. We weren't given a lot of information on what to expect ahead of time and then we were left with little guidance on how to actually best utilize the training, especially for organizations building a new program vs. moving existing documents online.
Apricot is also more affordable for smaller nonprofits and/or programs compared to other options.
While Apricot has functions that clients can access remotely, it does not seem to be the best option if this is something that your organization is primarily looking for.
- Track client data with reports.
- User friendly for creating new forms.
- Customer service is always available.
- The jump from essentials to the core price point is way too steep.
- Training my team on how to use it after was cumbersome. It would be cool if there was a training module automated for my specific forms.
- I had to find a lot of work arounds using email triggers to automate notifications that were necessary especially referrals and notifications to managers.
- Apricot has great customer service! There has never been a time where a team member has not found a solution to my problem. Their representative are always quick to assist and attentive.
- Reporting functionalities are phenomenal. The simplicity of creating a report is appreciated but most importantly, the accuracy of the reports is great. Reports are not generated if the system thinks there is an error.
- Customization! As a program that is ever evolving, it is great to have a database that allows such flexibility.
- Training material that is basic enough for someone who has never operated a database platform to understand.
- I'd suggest having monthly refresher courses where user could have a Q + A session with a representative. I have found it most helpful when requesting a Zoom call and following along with the representative on resolving the issue.
- Customer service: This is an area of strength for Apricot by Social Solutions in that the team managing our account is always responsive and willing to go above and beyond to answer any questions or rectify any issues being experienced.
- Tech support: This is another area of strength. Apricot's tech support is always very knowledgeable, helpful, and quick to resolve technical issues being experienced by the end-user. The tech support team is also very courteous and respectful in their communications and service.
- Ease of Use/Learning: The functionality of Apricot is intuitive and user-friendly in that it is fairly easy to learn with limited formal training as long as you are database literate.
- One area of improvement is better communication of changes implemented to both the look and functionality of the database. Sometimes significant changes are made literally overnight with no advanced warning. It doesn't bother me as much as it bothers the other users on the team, but this could definitely be smoothed out a bit.
- Another area of improvement would be to allow for "phrase searches" of contact note content through reporting instead of just being able to query on single, keyword searches.
- More online tutorials on reporting and other more advanced features of the database without always having to pay an additional fee for the content.
- They system is easy to use. It is also easy to build reports, create documents and edit them.
- The tech support does a great job. They usually have a 24 hour response and are very accurate and easy to work with.
- I like how you have different levels of security and you can have different views for different levels of user access. For example our application evaluations that are completed for volunteers can not be viewed by the applicants.
- The one thing that I could like to see is in the drop down user badge for administrator use. We provide both applicants and volunteer access. They all appear in one list and there is not a way to have them organized. I would like to be able to have these organized so I don't have to scroll through all of the users to find the one that I am looking for.
- I would also like to have access to reset another administrators password. We have add two occasions where users have forgotten there passwords and we would need to contact tech support to reset.
- It would also be helpful to only be able to pull out certain information out of the reports instead of it pulling all of the data that has been entered.
- Human service organizations are often required to provide efforts-to-outcomes reports for their stakeholders. There are different databases that can provide standard templates and query wizards that can be tailored for customized reporting, depending on size and needs of the organization. We chose Apricot because it fits the needs of smaller organizations. Our package came with both a small number of templates that are easily adaptable to required reporting forms, and the ability to create forms from scratch.
- As an administrator, I can easily save and publish forms and reports, and then view them either as administrator or as one of the user accounts without having to log off as administrator, which saves a lot of time and keystrokes.
- Apricot's online Help Center (tab available on user dashboard) is very comprehensive, offering, in addition to instructional articles, short, simple how-to videos for users and administrators. I have used them for myself and for training staff.
- Apricot is built on a "file folder" structure, using categories called profiles. Our main profile is for our clients. Each client has a profile with static demographic info (the "file folder"), and within that profile structure, forms are completed and filed for that client, easily searchable and accessible. If a complete, to-date historical record is needed for the client in a presentation format, everything for that client can be produced in with a simple menu command for that purpose.
- Reports can be created to include data across multiple profiles. Data is reported in real time as entered or updated. Data fields in the report can be filtered easily. No queries or wizards needed. Reports are accessed without need for third-party platforms. Graphic enhancements are very attractive and available during report-building.
- Administrators get a very thorough hands-on training through basic "boot camps" and additional follow-ups, depending on level of services purchased.
- I found it very easy to train staff down-line because of the navigational ease in Apricot's user dashboard. No way to get lost!
- Drag-and-drop features in right pallette of report-builder could be improved. Space is small for too many drop-down and scrolling options.
- Systems Field section on all forms could include more comprehensive historical data entry record. It currently includes the form creator and the latest user to update or edit data in the form (plus dates for same); would be useful to include latest two or three user edit/update records.
- Incorporate a true auto-populating feature, rather than a linking system beween records or profile data. Correcting, deleting, or revising data links when creating or revising forms has, at times, been confusing or complicated.
- Real time data and being able to see what's going on across our network. Our program staff is able to work at the same time tracking programs and services.
- Manage and build reports at all levels of the organization, including our board and leadership.
- User friendly and intuitive with minimal training required.
- The look and feel of the site could be improved and allow for some branding and customization, even from a basic coloring scheme.
- Easier access to account and features.
- More complex reporting compatibility.
Looking at the reports, we've been able to get more immediate feedback and staff at all level has been able to take that feedback to better provide program and services or identify specific programs and services necessary to support a participant's success.
- User-friendly data entry
- Easy search and navigation features
- Ability to create reports on data points of interest
- Not able to restrict access of certain information to just one person or team
- Multiple users can edit a form at the same time, but only the last one saved will be retained. An alert was created to let the second user know that someone else was working in the file. However, we wanted a read-only option such as what exists in shared word documents.
- We have two distinct programs with 2 different tier-one forms. This has created a problem because it is like having 2 separate data bases that do NOT talk to each other. When I came into the company in 2016, it had already been built this way. I was told the only way to fix it was to basically start from scratch. We opted to leave it as 2 separate databases.
- Create Forms: This system allows for creating almost any form that you need and pull information from.
- Multiple programs: Apricot has the ability to host multiple programs within the agency so that information is tailored for users under certain programs
- Fairly user friendly: This can be utilized by almost anyone who is not the most tech savvy.
- Usability: while it is fairly easy to use, you have to be taught and some of the language is difficult (tiers ).
- Reports: I feel as if reports could be pulled a little easier (just a little).
- Incredibly intuitive design that is very easy to use and understand even to non-techy people
- Very easy to create your own forms to best fit your actual need
- Very easy to pull data and reporting for funders and monthly updates to the team
- A dashboard for showing client improvement at a glance would be helpful
- Customization makes Apricot specific to your organization's services & workflow.
- Reporting is flexible to gather data that you wish to use.
- Sending and storing emails within the database.
- Would love the ability to change field names or field types without exporting and re-importing all the data.
- More affordable.
However, unless you purchase additional functionality, it's hard to prevent errors when multiple people are entering the same data. Additionally, it's difficult to map out how the system works. It can be a bit of a challenge to manage multiple users at an agency without a dedicated data person.
Apricot by Social Solutions Scorecard Summary
About Apricot by Social Solutions
Apricot by Social Solutions is a cloud-based solution for nonprofits of all sizes. The vendor says it brings strong, reliable data to the forefront in order to bolster a nonprofit organization’s impact. Additionally, the vendor says organizations that use Apricot save time and resources because they have a powerful tool that makes managing data more efficient than ever. As a result, they increase their time spent delivering mission.
Apricot is responsive and offers configurable forms and fields so organizations can customize their Apricot experience to their clients and mission. It allows nonprofit organizations to track what matters and follow clients throughout their entire lifecycle in a single, unduplicated record.
With Apricot, nonprofits can ensure data integrity through functionality that tracks whether the data in the system is complete, entered correctly, and unduplicated. With simple drag-and-drop functionality and outcomes management capabilities, Apricot helps nonprofit organizations transform more lives for the better.
Apricot users get real-time access to their data to facilitate collaboration and quick insights into program performance. Those insights can then be shared by creating streamlined reports within the system to present to organization stakeholders, board members, and funders. The vendor’s value proposition is that Apricot is a comprehensive solution that meets a nonprofit’s needs because it was made with them in mind!
Apricot by Social Solutions Screenshots
Apricot by Social Solutions Downloadables
Apricot by Social Solutions Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
Pricing for Apricot is driven by individual usage and needs of your nonprofit. Your organization isn't one-size fits all, so neither is our pricing.
Apricot by Social Solutions Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Apricot by Social Solutions Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||United States of America, Australia, United Kingdom|