Reviews (1-25 of 63)
Apricot by Social Solutions Review: "Customizable and Flexible for all Case Management/Human Services Organizations!"
- Site administrator is able to custom design forms and reports to organizational needs.
- Excellent training, resources, and technical support.
- Case management framework for human service-oriented organizations.
- Some features, such as aggregate reporting and are add-ons with an additional cost.
- Apricot allows us to organize our client data and run reports more efficiently.
- Apricot upgrades its features on a routine basis to meet the needs of the customer, including its secure web form feature.
- Apricot has fashionable and accessible technical assistance, including direct chat, videos, boot camps (virtual), and recommended 3rd party consultant support.
- The variety of filtering attributes to run reports is very impressive.
- The versatility in configuring reports helps us to be able to meet the reporting requirements of different funder frameworks.
- We believe Apricot could offer secure web forms beyond the restricted 'Tier 1' allowance. In other words, currently, secure web forms are only available as options for Tier 1 records. This means we cannot have live registration for Tier 2 records, which is very restrictive, seeing as we would like to capture data as clients sign in at events or trainings we have.
- We would like to see a feature similar to what TurboTax presents on its site that prompts you with questions to better generate the next step. In an Apricot case, it would generate these prompts to help us build our reports. We have the criteria we're looking to fulfill, we just need to better reproduce it in the sections on the Apricot report and this type of functionality would help.
Apricot is well suited for capturing client intake, especially with is secure web form feature. However, it is not like GoogleForms where it can be used to either capture RSVP information or sign-in information for events or trainings.
Apricot is well-suited for comparison reporting and discovering effort. However, I don't believe it has predictive features that can be leveraged.
- Real time data and being able to see what's going on across our network. Our program staff is able to work at the same time tracking programs and services.
- Manage and build reports at all levels of the organization, including our board and leadership.
- User friendly and intuitive with minimal training required.
- The look and feel of the site could be improved and allow for some branding and customization, even from a basic coloring scheme.
- Easier access to account and features.
- More complex reporting compatibility.
- One system for all that we do.
- I can redesign forms as programs change without waiting for a technology personnel from Social Solutions to help. Social Solutions is there if I need assistance.
- I can generate my own reports without having to conform to someone else's template.
- The email function is difficult and cumbersome.
- EMR for therapeutic services
- Criminal and Civil Case Tracking and management and tracking
- Outreach and prevention services
- Evaluation, quality assurance tracking, and analysis of 24-hour hotline services
- Tracking goals progress on a agency level, department/management level, and individual performance level
- Workflow reporting to promote increased efficiency in program implementation
- Fund reporting requirements
- With the right knowledge and skills sets, Apricot is a powerful and dynamic platform that can meet your database needs. The architecture allows you to get creative with what you create if you have a strong model in mind.
- The product is very scalable. We've been able to add programs and use cases as they arise.
- According to users who have used other platforms, Apricot has a user interface that is much more friendly than other systems they've used.
- Apricot does not yet have an open API. Once that is developed, there will be a whole new world of opportunities for maximizing apricot's potential.
- Reporting is limited with out the ability to pivot data. More advanced reporting and visualization needs to be exported and manipulated in third-party programs. (this could be resolved with an open API as well).
- The lack of "ticklers" or timed reminders and pop-ups within the system that help direct users to a workflow dynamically.
An appropriate tool to help replace data sharing through emailing Excel spreadsheets
- Allow us to provide data to our financial supporters in a format that meets their expectations
- Allow us to keep track of attendance for use in future planning
- Allows us to provide proof of participation to the food program funder
- We would like to have our after school sites input data themselves, but we are afraid they will mess up our data. It would be nice to be able to protect the data that is there already.
- Forms and reports are easy to develop in Apricot
- Responsive customer service to address issues as they arise
- It would be great to be able to copy forms
- It would be great to copy user permission sets to other users
- Contract negotiation and pricing of the product; do away with the 'add ons' and just have a price for the product
- Web-based software that can be used by multiple users in multiple locations.
- Real-time collaborative data entry.
- Divers data reporting.
- Easily modified and tailord to match your needs.
- Better Support Services.
- Better UI with a cleaner look.
- Easier report building.
- Great for capturing client demographic data and episodes of service.
- Great for tracking volunteer data, attendance, training, and intake.
- Great for reporting on demographic data with the capability of creating live dashboards.
- Not so good for Inventory systems or high-level calculations.
- Apricot by Social Solutions is very user-friendly. Staff training and use has been a breeze. Staff and volunteers very quickly pick up on the navigation which creates confidence and user empowerment.
- Apricot by Social Solutions is flexible. Organizations can adjust the software to match their structure during the implementation phase and easily make adjustments on their own after implementation.
- Apricot by Social Solutions is affordable. It is still a significant investment for an organization that has not previously purchased case management software, but in comparing twelve different software solution options, Apricot by far offered the greatest value.
- Customer support could be a bit more personal. As an organization, we do not pay for any extra support packages, which means that all of our support tickets are resolved over email. This can get frustrating when troubleshooting could happen more efficiently by phone - but again, we have not purchased additional support packages.
- All of our participants are in the database, and we are able to access their file with no problems.
- Very easy to use and manage users.
- There is a step by step manual that was provided, in order to help with any difficulties that we come across.
- We do not have any cons at the moment.
- Although this software is user friendly, at times it makes it difficult to generate reports. It seems that when we print the window that generates the reports take too long to open.
- The flexibility of creating report elements and form designs is extremely user-friendly. The design elements are very intuitive.
- I love the search feature. I don't even have to create a report! I can simply do a quick search for the combination of information that I am looking for.
- The customer service messaging feature is something that I have used quite often. The people from Social Solutions respond very quickly and they are very thorough. They seemed to really want to help me create exactly what I was looking for.
- The communication in the form of email updates and information on what was going on with the system was always up to date and helpful.
- Sometimes I found the step-by-step instructions hard to follow. Luckily Apricot has video tutorials and that usually helped me figure things out.
- There were just a few times early on that I thought a couple minor pieces of info disappeared after I entered them.
- Software customization and manipulation allows for accurate and applicable workflow
- The ability to access any information via flexible report building
- User permissions and authorizations to restrict data visibility between programs
- The user interface can be to be intimidating for low volume users.
- More free training options made available for new users.
- When wholesale updates are made to forms the existing workflow and setup of the existing form is disrupted requiring additional editing by the administrator.
- Tracking events and those who went to the events and to be able to generate reports based on that.
- To be able to show what the company is doing in an easy to understand way.
- It tracks what is being done very easily.
- It works well with keeping track of clients, volunteers and the events and sessions that took place based on company interactions.
- If you're looking for financing based reports it's not as efficient.
- The report function allows for building of reports that are specific to the information being requested by funders. The report feature is relatively simple to maneuver.
- Maintaining client data allows this organization to have a more reliable manner to record services provided.
- We are just beginning to use the donor section of the database for donor retention purposes.
- A more mainstreamed method to record client data. At this time, our service providers are required to enter data in several sections of the program that can make data entry more cumbersome.
- Creation of batch records for services would make data entry much better for our staff. At this time, if we provide a group counseling session, staff have to individually add the service to each client folder. When you have a group of 20-25, this is a timely process.
- Technical support methods could be simplified with the addition of actually speaking to a tech support person instead of strictly relying on email communication. Lots can be lost in translation with this form of communication.
- At times, it appears the servers that maintain all data are not functioning at the required capacity necessary to maintain the data. On more than one occasion, data entered would not actually show up until a day or days later, resulting in multiple entries of the same data.
Also, with the HUD APR and ESG CAPER report, since these are required reports for funded agencies, and Apricot is a comparable database, agencies using Apricot should not be required to pay for the feature/updates of these.
- Easy of use for the end user
- Reports that can made and customizable
- Training for the administrator excellent
- End user training was not good, more needs to be done to make it simple for those who need to use it
- Improvement reports are not easy to put together, requires tech support
- Report writing requires skills and needs to have more tech support
- The support staff does an incredible job when things get off track. Their ability to problem solve, backtrack and fix errors was exceptional when I needed assistance with a problem. One particular complex instance required going back several days into history, making changes and recreating subsequent changes was met with patience, thoughtful consideration and follow through.
- Social Solutions provides users with many easily available forms of self help for both users and program administrators as well as formal training options.
- I have found that Social Solutions listens to their clients. They provide forums where users can ask questions to their staff and share issues with other companies using their software. Many times answers are shared among users and problems are solved
- The staff is well informed and knowledgeable about the system and have always worked well with me when I have an issue. They have also collaborated among themselves on more complex issues.
- Notification to clients that there is a problem with the Social Solutions server. When their system goes down is not always clear that the issue is with the software and time is spent trying to determine if the problem is local or with Social Solutions.
- I would like a function in reports that would easily allow selected fields to be base on a "if not this than that"
- We have 300+ employees that have access to the our reports on Apricot. Its so easy for anyone in our agency to view these reports seconds after they are written. Apricot gives us access to Archived files in seconds too. This is a very efficient way of keeping 100's of files organized and easy to access.
- I would like to see us be able to search using several different options, sometimes the searches don't reveal the exact info we need or reveal too much and then I sort out the files that aren't necessary for my needs.
Apricot by Social Solutions Review: "Apricot - great for flexibility in creating your data system and customizing links between data"
- Continual data monitoring
- Flexibility in creating linked forms for data entry
- Ability to bulk-process data in addition to individual data entry
- Setting email or text triggers based on the date filter
- Creating a individual dashboard interface to look at selected data points for one person
- Creating separate bulletin spaces for different categories. The homepage gets quickly cluttered if you use too many bulletins.
Apricot is great if you are interested in "lists of people" who meet or do not meet a criteria but less useful if you want to focus on an individual. I mean this on a reporting and visual interface level.
Speed and reliability can be sometimes be an issue although we have never lost data but our users always wish things were a little faster.
- Human service organizations are often required to provide efforts-to-outcomes reports for their stakeholders. There are different databases that can provide standard templates and query wizards that can be tailored for customized reporting, depending on size and needs of the organization. We chose Apricot because it fits the needs of smaller organizations. Our package came with both a small number of templates that are easily adaptable to required reporting forms, and the ability to create forms from scratch.
- As an administrator, I can easily save and publish forms and reports, and then view them either as administrator or as one of the user accounts without having to log off as administrator, which saves a lot of time and keystrokes.
- Apricot's online Help Center (tab available on user dashboard) is very comprehensive, offering, in addition to instructional articles, short, simple how-to videos for users and administrators. I have used them for myself and for training staff.
- Apricot is built on a "file folder" structure, using categories called profiles. Our main profile is for our clients. Each client has a profile with static demographic info (the "file folder"), and within that profile structure, forms are completed and filed for that client, easily searchable and accessible. If a complete, to-date historical record is needed for the client in a presentation format, everything for that client can be produced in with a simple menu command for that purpose.
- Reports can be created to include data across multiple profiles. Data is reported in real time as entered or updated. Data fields in the report can be filtered easily. No queries or wizards needed. Reports are accessed without need for third-party platforms. Graphic enhancements are very attractive and available during report-building.
- Administrators get a very thorough hands-on training through basic "boot camps" and additional follow-ups, depending on level of services purchased.
- I found it very easy to train staff down-line because of the navigational ease in Apricot's user dashboard. No way to get lost!
- Drag-and-drop features in right pallette of report-builder could be improved. Space is small for too many drop-down and scrolling options.
- Systems Field section on all forms could include more comprehensive historical data entry record. It currently includes the form creator and the latest user to update or edit data in the form (plus dates for same); would be useful to include latest two or three user edit/update records.
- Incorporate a true auto-populating feature, rather than a linking system beween records or profile data. Correcting, deleting, or revising data links when creating or revising forms has, at times, been confusing or complicated.
- We have found Apricot effective for designing data entry screen for our local grantee organizations to track clients in our programs. The ability to establish field and other edits has resulted in quality control for entered data. The capability to tweak screens through form logic for skips and consistency checks has made it easy to customize.
- We provide our grantees with access to only the clients in their program and the user/group/programs profiles have helped us to efficiently manage this process and provide custom access profiles as needed.
- The reporting capabilities have allowed us to design a long list of client listings and performance reports including plan versus actual reports. Grantees have found these reports useful for their local management of programs.
- For programs where we need a copy of the signed participant applications it is great that grantees can upload a scan and attach to each participant's profile.
- There are limitations in sizing and formatting columns and rows in reports using the standard applications (we don't do SQL ourselves.)
- A wish list feature would be to do charts and graphs rather than exporting data to Excel, etc.
Apricot by Social Solutions: "If I took the time to review something, it means the product is worth it!"
- Apricot allows us track data that we use in order to obtain grants for our non-profit organization.
- Apricot helps us keep track of the specific services we provide for each client.
- Apricot is very user-friendly and easy to navigate.
- I've noticed that creating relationships (linking one client to another) is not as easy as it could be. Seems a bit confusing and I always have to go back to my Apricot user guide for reference.
Apricot by Social Solutions Scorecard Summary
About Apricot by Social Solutions
Apricot by Social Solutions is a cloud-based solution for nonprofits of all sizes. The vendor says it brings strong, reliable data to the forefront in order to bolster a nonprofit organization’s impact. Additionally, the vendor says organizations that use Apricot save time and resources because they have a powerful tool that makes managing data more efficient than ever. As a result, they increase their time spent delivering mission.
Apricot is responsive and offers configurable forms and fields so organizations can customize their Apricot experience to their clients and mission. It allows nonprofit organizations to track what matters and follow clients throughout their entire lifecycle in a single, unduplicated record.
With Apricot, nonprofits can ensure data integrity through functionality that tracks whether the data in the system is complete, entered correctly, and unduplicated. With simple drag-and-drop functionality and outcomes management capabilities, Apricot helps nonprofit organizations transform more lives for the better.
Apricot users get real-time access to their data to facilitate collaboration and quick insights into program performance. Those insights can then be shared by creating streamlined reports within the system to present to organization stakeholders, board members, and funders. The vendor’s value proposition is that Apricot is a comprehensive solution that meets a nonprofit’s needs because it was made with them in mind!
Apricot by Social Solutions Screenshots
Apricot by Social Solutions Downloadables
Apricot by Social Solutions Competitors
Pricing for Apricot is driven by individual usage and needs of your nonprofit. Your organization isn't one-size fits all, so neither is our pricing.
Apricot by Social Solutions Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Apricot by Social Solutions Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||United States of America, Australia, United Kingdom|