We use aPriori for our product should-costing which can be further used for negotiation with our suppliers. We also use aPriori for our cost down/NPD projects so that we can evaluate the design changes with respect to cost. In our organization, we are the only ones using this tool and supporting all the segments.
- Excellent cost model maturity level
- Reliable data library for different regions
- Precise should-cost have well-defined cost drivers
- Spreadsheet report flexibility with cost insights
- Cutting parameters and logic for milling process need to be reviewed and refined
- Super-finishing processes need to be added
aPriori is well suited for a sheet metal and plastic process group. In machining, it is somewhat good for the turning process but in the case of milling processes, aPriori needs to look seriously and come up with a refinement.