APS is a national workforce management and cloud-based HR solution provider. The platform includes core HR, payroll, time and attendance (including manager and employee self-service), ACA compliance tools, and a mobile app.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/9t/eO/GRTGSCXFSMWS.PNGAPS has helped me be more efficient and organized with employee records and payroll.APS is currently being used by the HR department for payroll, benefits and time management.,The employees at APS have always responded in a timely manner when I have questions or issues to address. When I am experiencing difficulty with the system and unable to resolve on my own my account a representative will take care of it on her end and follow up to make sure the problem doesn't continue to occur.,A lot of items are manually entered especially in the time and attendance system. If the payroll system could automatically pull from time and attendance that would be great. It would help if the Tab or Enter key would take you to the next entry where you could begin typing without having to backspace the keys to the beginning of the box.,10,Increased employee efficiency,1,1,Payroll Time and Attendance management Payroll Taxes,Asset Tracking Benefit Administration Event Tracking,FMLA tracking e-signatures Document Tracking,9,Implemented in-house,Change management was minimal,Learning how to use the system Making sure that all of the information transferred over correctly,9Growing Ambitious Company? Read this Review.We track time and attendance for 150 employees, use the HR module for quarterly appraisals, and store confidential documents for each staff member and corporate documents that must be esigned by each staff member. We create the ACA reports as well as W2 with APS. We have 150 staff members and we pay twice a month. Managers actually add their new staff, place them in the correct department, and then the HR manager doubles checks the file before employment begins. Managers approve the submitted time and attendance prior to the pay date, the HR manager gets reports on overtime, sick time, vacation and holiday time. Limiters are placed on the system so that any paycheck outside our boundaries is red flagged for the HR manager inspection.,It's fast and intuitive. Our previous contractors were ADP and Paychex and neither were intuitive. Our payroll runs have less errors now than with previous vendors. Payroll prep time is down from 5 hours with ADP to 2 hours with APS for the HR Manager. The limiters are great. I'm always afraid of that error that no one caught. Let's assume that you add a $200 limiter to overtime. Any time that a staff member is about to receive more than $200 in overtime for that pay period, a red flag goes up for the HR manager to double check. We have 3 programs in public schools that block certain ports. APS has a 2nd feature using GPS so that staff can only check in for their shift while they are in the designated GPS range. Great for someone who has to report to a remote location. Just add the GPS coordinates and they can't check until they get to the project.,Stratus Time lets you quickly scroll through the entire staff list. The APS system has an extra step. A small issue. Stratus Time lets you create a template for a salaried staff and simply add days with that template. APS requires a hand created entry for each checkin,10,Reduced anticipated and real expenses by $19,000 annually Improved staff morale and retention with individualized portals where they change their own personal information,,AsanaBest Payroll System I have ever used!We utilize APS for all our HR and Payroll Management across the whole organization. They process all our paychecks, 100% of our employees use direct deposit and love the app that allows them to view their own information. We also utilize the secure doc storage to keep all records backed up in the cloud.,Ease of use of software Intuitive step by step process for processing payroll Reporting is easily customized,Nothing to complain about!,10,APs has cut our costs by 75% for payroll processing,APS is a great choice!We use APS to process payroll for our whole organization.,Their customer service is fabulous. They are always very friendly and quick to answer questions. Their website is easy to navigate. There are also customizable screens for faster navigation to items used more often. Very easy to edit and add information about employees.,I would like to see a totals column on the page where I enter hours. For example "john" worked 36 regular hours and took 4 vacation hours. I would like a column showing 40 hours.,10,Very cost effective way for us to process payroll.,ADPAPS is the best out there!APS is our payroll service and we also use the HR and Benefit modules. All of our employees us the eSelfServe module to see their pay stubs, W2s, and to enroll in benefits. Our HR department uses the software to run payroll, for benefit administration, and to store other relevant employee information.,Customer Service! I have worked with them through three implementations one for use and two for associated companies. Even though we are not a large company I always felt like there number one priority. Intuitive Software. I find the software easy to navigate and understand. You can tell the designers were experienced with payroll. The updates are great! They keep getting better over time.,Their tax department is the weakest department. They are quick to respond but are not always right. The benefit administration still needs works. It will not accommodate all of our benefits right now or special enrollments. Some of the reporting can be inaccurate.,10,The switch to APS has been a positive one. It saves us a lot of time compared to our previous system.
APS

APS Reviews

APS
Filter 42 vetted APS reviews and ratings
Chanell Clayton profile photo
July 14, 2016

Review: "APS has helped me be more efficient and organized with employee records and payroll."

• The employees at APS have always responded in a timely manner when I have questions or issues to address.
  • When I am experiencing difficulty with the system and unable to resolve on my own my account a representative will take care of it on her end and follow up to make sure the problem doesn't continue to occur.
  • A lot of items are manually entered especially in the time and attendance system. If the payroll system could automatically pull from time and attendance that would be great.
  • It would help if the Tab or Enter key would take you to the next entry where you could begin typing without having to backspace the keys to the beginning of the box.
Read Chanell Clayton's full review
Ronald D. Tompkins profile photo
July 12, 2016

APS: "Growing Ambitious Company? Read this Review."

• It's fast and intuitive. Our previous contractors were ADP and Paychex and neither were intuitive. Our payroll runs have less errors now than with previous vendors. Payroll prep time is down from 5 hours with ADP to 2 hours with APS for the HR Manager.
  • The limiters are great. I'm always afraid of that error that no one caught. Let's assume that you add a $200 limiter to overtime. Any time that a staff member is about to receive more than $200 in overtime for that pay period, a red flag goes up for the HR manager to double check.
  • We have 3 programs in public schools that block certain ports. APS has a 2nd feature using GPS so that staff can only check in for their shift while they are in the designated GPS range. Great for someone who has to report to a remote location. Just add the GPS coordinates and they can't check until they get to the project.
  • Stratus Time lets you quickly scroll through the entire staff list. The APS system has an extra step. A small issue.
  • Stratus Time lets you create a template for a salaried staff and simply add days with that template. APS requires a hand created entry for each checkin
They are more suited to growing, nimble companies. They are soon adding employee approval to time cards and checkin by facial recognition. Additions and changes to improve functionality might not work for a very large company like GE.
Read Ronald D. Tompkins's full review
John Bellini III profile photo
July 20, 2016

APS Review: "Best Payroll System I have ever used!"

• Ease of use of software
  • Intuitive step by step process for processing payroll
  • Reporting is easily customized
  • Nothing to complain about!
APS does a fantastic job of helping us with payroll processing and HR management. The software is easy to use. The multiple user access makes the various management approvals easy and the reporting helps out in multiple areas. We also backup all our HR records to the cloud with their secure docs module.
Read John Bellini III's full review
Sandy Wright profile photo
July 20, 2016

User Review: "APS is a great choice!"

We use APS to process payroll for our whole organization.
  • Their customer service is fabulous. They are always very friendly and quick to answer questions.
  • Their website is easy to navigate. There are also customizable screens for faster navigation to items used more often.
  • Very easy to edit and add information about employees.
  • I would like to see a totals column on the page where I enter hours. For example "john" worked 36 regular hours and took 4 vacation hours. I would like a column showing 40 hours.
I ALWAYS get quick responses to my questions. And when I make mistakes, they are quick to fix them for me or show me how to do so.
Read Sandy Wright's full review
Lynn Hooper, PHR profile photo
July 20, 2016

User Review: "APS is the best out there!"

• Customer Service! I have worked with them through three implementations one for use and two for associated companies. Even though we are not a large company I always felt like there number one priority.
  • Intuitive Software. I find the software easy to navigate and understand. You can tell the designers were experienced with payroll.
  • The updates are great! They keep getting better over time.
  • Their tax department is the weakest department. They are quick to respond but are not always right.
  • The benefit administration still needs works. It will not accommodate all of our benefits right now or special enrollments.
  • Some of the reporting can be inaccurate.
Read Lynn Hooper, PHR's full review
Robert W. Hartmann profile photo
July 20, 2016

Review: "APS OnLine provides users a cost-effective solution to timekeeping/payroll needs"

APS OnLine is used by the entire University Health System including 2 hospitals and the system-level staff. APS OnLine is a timekeeping and payroll solution for small and mid-sized businesses that presents an easy-to-understand platform and a support staff available to address any technical issues quickly and to the satisfaction of the end-user.
  • Easy Set-Up process for new employees and terminating employees
  • Powerful reporting options to quickly create and retain reports that can be modified by time periods, departments, positions
  • Allows picture imports to be able to put a face with a name
  • Updates regularly correcting minor bugs along the way.
  • Friendly support staff
  • System can get bogged down when a lot of users are reviewing/correcting payroll hours, such as "Critical Monday", the day managers go in and review/approve times from the previous 2 week period.
  • I try to use on my Iphone 6 and IPad from home and am unable to run reports from those devices. I can see data in it's raw form but when you try to drill down, the device will not process the commands.
I would think that a large company might struggle with the system bog, although it very well could be our servers not pushing the data quick enough. For small and medium-sized business, it is a nearly perfect, easy to learn/use timekeeping and payroll solution. Highly recommend a demo to see for yourself.
Read Robert W. Hartmann's full review
Susan Johnson profile photo
July 16, 2016

User Review: "APS OnLine is the right one for me!"

APS OnLine was purchased to replace the payroll module that was provided by our accounting software package. It is used for processing payroll in all departments for all employees. The decision to change to APS OnLine was due to the its ability to provide direct deposit for our employees; provide assistance with the ACA Compliance and assist with HR related functions, as well as being a complete source for all record keeping.
  • I believe that the most important thing that APS OnLine does is provided by the people who help with the initial setups, training with explanations of how everything works and the continuing support that their staff provides. They are very competent in their respective areas and are a pleasure to work with.
  • The actual payroll processing is excellent, especially with the ability of having online recording of employee clock-ins/outs and the ability to review employee timecards on a daily basis.
  • The Human Resources Console is also a big win for us as we are not a large corporation and do not have an actual Human Resources department. Our accounting department employees must handle both the accounting function and the administration of the Human Resources benefits. Having the HR Console makes it much easier to keep track of the benefits and who is receiving them.
  • I really don't have any complaints about APS OnLine. I had spent a lot of time reviewing several payroll services long before I decided on using APS OnLine. I am very satisfied that my decision was the right one for our organization.
I have had a lot of experience with processing payroll over the last 43 years, and after using APS OnLine for the past three months, I believe that this system is suitable for most payroll situations and solutions. I was very surprised and impressed with the initial presentation and all the "little things" that they offer as a normal part of the service. It is apparent that a lot of time and thought went into the creation of this software.
Read Susan Johnson's full review
Patricia Riedlinger profile photo
July 14, 2016

APS Review: "Get the payroll done fast and easy!"

We use APS Online through out the whole business. We have employees who want their payroll deposited in their accounts. Some split the deposit to their savings and checking and others deposit it to only their checking. We also have employees who want the physical check. APS Online makes this a simple operation. We just enter the information once and the requested action is repeated each and every time we print payroll. If for some reason (holidays) we need to change the way the payroll is processed, it too is an easy adjustment; just with a few key strokes we can have all the payroll printed here in our office.
  • We do not have to deal with awaiting the arrival of paychecks through FedEx or UPS, which includes an extra expense. We print right here in our office, when we are ready.
  • Should we need to print an employee's check early, that is easily done as a miscellaneous pay check. And it is recorded as such for that employee.
  • We do not have to worry about payroll taxes as APS Online takes care of it and they send us a report.
  • I can't find a weakness. The customer support is there - even with simple things as well as any difficulty we may have in house. APS Online works with us!
APS Online does it all. There is no deficiency in the product or the customer service. If my contact person does not have the answer, she will find it out and call me. We can communicate with APS Online through e-mail or a phone call. They are always there and ready to help solve our problem.
Read Patricia Riedlinger's full review
Charles Olivier profile photo
July 14, 2016

Review: "APS OnLine - its too easy to not use it."

APS OnLine is a great asset to our company as it handles our payroll needs. Without paying our employees correctly, accurately, and timely, we understand that we would struggle to keep our employees motivated. Your system merges well with our time sheet system to provide a seamless payroll structure for our company.
  • When we have a question or an issue that arises, our account manager with APS is a phone call away. They are alway helpful and friendly and help find an answer and a quick solution to our issue.
  • In my experience, I haven't seen any issues that can be improved on.
Because of the helpful staff that we have encountered at APS, I would definitely think that this is a great company to choose to work with to accomplish your payroll needs.
Read Charles Olivier's full review
Tom Daly profile photo
July 13, 2016

APS Review: "Functional software with personal service"

We use APS for payroll and time tracking across the company. We are adding additional features like Event Tracking, Asset Tracking, Performance Reviews, ACA, Benefits Administration, etc., as we have the time internally. It provides us with a system (with multiple levels of manager and employee access) to capture, store and report on a tremendous amount of employment data.
  • Still has a dedicated personal support staff with broad product knowledge.
  • They do not release a feature until it has been fully vetted - much fewer bolt-on solutions.
  • Has embraced third parties (brokers, CPAs) as partners in using the platform.
  • Benefits Administration has pockets of plans that it cannot accommodate (age banded medical, benefit banks, etc.)
The UI could use an update. Companies that are fixated on the "look" of the platform may be drawn to other systems. Should do an annual users conference with industry-specific breakout sessions.
Read Tom Daly's full review
Janet Fowler profile photo
July 12, 2016

APS Review: "LARGE ENOUGH TO MEET YOUR PRESENT AND FUTURE NEEDS WHILE SMALL ENOUGH TO KNOW YOUR NEEDS!"

We currently use APS bank wide, from viewing pay stubs to requesting time off. Within the next few months, we will be set up for the online evaluation process through APS. The report writing feature is used by HR, Financial Accounting, for auditing needs and cost center accounting.
  • Main thing: The thing that I find so helpful are the people who work at APS. I like the friendliness of the local (Shreveport, LA) staff and the quick turnaround to problem solving. They communicate!
  • The payroll program is easy to use, easy to correct with a user friendly viewing format.
  • Report writing program is very user friendly to technically challenged people like me.
  • I like the ongoing updates that APS is doing.
  • I have been disappointed in the communication between the programming department and its clients. I'm very impressed with the representatives such as Georgia, April and team, but not pleased with the turnaround time on solving issues. There was very little communication and only when I started the communication was there a reply.
APS is well suited for everyday payroll processing, time scheduling and report writing. I can't say enough good things about the representatives being local.
Read Janet Fowler's full review
Nathan Worthan profile photo
July 14, 2016

APS Review: "The easy to use Payroll Portal"

We use APS OnLIne for payroll for both of our locations. They worked with my current POS provider and made things easy. They were able to set their software to interpret the reports that export from our POS software. It is a huge time saver and saves on data entry errors.
  • Software Integration
  • One on one support (Live Agent)
  • Quick Response Time from support
  • Nothing yet
Do you import punches?
Read Nathan Worthan's full review
Don Meazell profile photo
July 12, 2016

User Review: "APS is our to go to software"

I have been using APS for two years and am very pleased. This software handles our HR and payroll needs. The switchover from our previous payroll system went off seamlessly. Training staff on the use of APS has been easy. And if we have an issue they have been quick to answer questions. I recommend them highly.
  • HR Function
  • Payroll setup
  • Tax reporting
  • Maybe a better discount for us non-profits
It handles our job costing for construction sites very well.
Read Don Meazell's full review
Mallory Ellis profile photo

"APS Review"

We use APS for payroll and time tracking. Our hourly employees enter time. All employees enter time off requests.
  • Customer service
  • Seamless payroll process
  • Customized reporting
  • Time off tracking is horrible
Read Mallory Ellis's full review
Lindsey Rosin profile photo
September 17, 2015

User Review: "APS customer service is top notch"

We have over 20 hotels that are using the time and attendance platform. They all have different payrolls and are in various states across the US. They all have different employee handbooks, and other regulations. APS has been very helpful with getting the accruals and rules set up for our locations. The customer service is INCREDIBLE. We have a designated person who helps us right away and gets any issues resolved.

We have the HR console but really haven't been using it since the majority of our locations don't offer a large amount of benefits. We are using tablets for the employees to use as timeclocks which was a very inexpensive way to allow them to clock in and out. A few of our locations are using the handpunch as well and have really liked that. Overall the system is very customizable and the managers at the different locations have been able to catch on quickly with how to edit and approve timecards.

• CUSTOMER SERVICE. They are so helpful and you get a really quick response. You don't ever sit on hold for hours on end and you get the RIGHT answer or resolution to your problem. We previously had ADP which was a nightmare so APS Online customer service has made our bi-weekly payroll runs a breeze.
  • Customizable - we were able to make any adjustments as needed to our different departments, types of rates, types of vacation accruals etc. With the great customer service we can explain exactly what needs to change and they take care of it right away.
  • Transition from your old provider - APS Online worked with us and pulled in all of our old information. It made our workload a lot easier. They even helped pull reports for us to use from our old system which has helped us complete various workers comp audits.
  • Reporting - through APS Online you can create SO many custom reports. Its easy to use and very intuitive.
  • State by state rules - In a few states that we work in they have very strict rules on overtime, sick leave, etc and APS didn't have the time and attendance pre-configured correctly for these. Their development team has really worked with us to handle it but it just took a bit longer. Overall though they have been very upfront about it and have been able to make the necessary changes.
  • No scheduling - I think this is something in development right now but I know that other larger companies do have this capability. It would be great to have but it truly hasn't "hurt" our ability to do payroll.

I think that APS Online is scalable to any organization. It's a wonderful product and I have had so many managers that work with me that feel the same way. We haven't been with them quite a year yet but since we've started it has made a world of difference for us.

Things to ask about-

1- Do they specialize in or can they accommodate states that you are working in and their various rules?

2- What type of customer service? Do they have a call center or do they have a designated person like APS?

3- How long do your reports stay in the system? (ADP "archived" theirs after a year so we couldn't reach them)

Read Lindsey Rosin's full review
Karla Hebert profile photo
October 02, 2015

User Review: "New to APS but like it so far!"

Today was our first payday with APS Online. We are using it for payroll, timekeeping and HR throughout the entire organization. The use of the timekeeping module has eliminated the need for manual time sheets and streamlined the whole process for payroll. The HR module will reduce the amount of redundancy and use of various spreadsheets currently used to gather and store information.
  • The customer service with APS has been exceptional.
  • The transition from another payroll provider to APS Online was seamless.
  • The actual processing of the payroll was easy.
  • A suggestion would be within the payroll module - it does not automatically calculate the hourly rate for a salaried employee. The calculation must be done manually and entered into the system.
We are brand new to APS Online but so far I haven't found any scenarios that we haven't been able to figure out with our account manager.
Read Karla Hebert's full review
Tina Archer profile photo
September 25, 2015

User Review: "APS Online"

In HR I use APS OnLine to manage employee information, process payroll, and monitor time and attendance for all employees. I also use the HR module to manage benefits.
  • Customer Support from account manager
  • Ability to create reports for items that are needed from management .
  • Ease of use for employees to monitor time and attendance and view pay vouchers.
  • No areas, as I have learned the software and needed assistance my account manager has always been there to assist me.
The payroll system is easy to use and if needed I am able to get assistance from the account manager.
Read Tina Archer's full review
Mark Newsom profile photo
September 23, 2015

Review: "How APS OnLine has helped me with Payroll Processing"

APS OnLine is used by our company to track employee time and attendance, process payroll, and to generate various payroll reports. APS OnLine makes processing payroll much easier for us by calculating and deducting taxes from paychecks, and processing the direct deposits. APS OnLine also makes it extremely easy to generate necessary payroll reports used for budgeting.
  • Generates extremely useful reports
  • Customer service is great
  • Simplifies processing payroll
  • The journal entry export that APS OnLine produces takes a little tinkering with in order to format it so we can upload it to our accounting software, but APS has been very helpful in helping us make those adjustments.
Larger companies will benefit more from APS OnLine than companies with less than 50 employees. Utilizing the ability to upload the payroll entry from a CSV file has decreased the time it takes us to submit payroll significantly. If your company needs to speed up the payroll process, or just needs a more versatile tool for generating various payroll reports then APS OnLine is the way to go.
Read Mark Newsom's full review
Elizabeth Petit profile photo
September 16, 2015

User Review: "E Petit APS At A Glance"

We use APS along side the time and attendance portion; it allows us to track and monitor our employees' time, attendance and overall performance with the company. In addition, the reports that I can generate at the drop of a dime for employee turnover, overtime in a week, gross payroll expense by the month as well as new hires by department, give me an edge I did not have with our previous system. It blows the minds of management in how quickly I can produce them as well as the details that come attached.
  • Reports with details for gross payroll expense by the month comes in very handy for your financial department.
  • Employee turnover, overtime accumulated in a weekly period, and new hires by department lets me know my staffing capabilities.
  • Building/Creating reports gives you the capabilities to do just that - build or create a report to your needs, which in some situations can be a chore if you are given a task and try to copy and paste into an Excel sheet...there's no need to with this system.
  • The only report I have had issues with is when it comes to accrued payroll, even in build/create report had issues finding data and dates needed to do.
Some of the key questions we asked were: Could you process child support holding electronically? Could we do our own check printing on preferred checks? How many employees could they accommodate? Did the system have an HR side with the program and if so was it additional ( they do and it is additional)? I feel as though it should be included.
Read Elizabeth Petit's full review
Angela Hodges profile photo
September 23, 2015

Review: "Want to go paperless? Try APS Online!!!"

APS OnLine is used by one of our clients at Patterson-Bryant Inc. My role is to log in to APS OnLIne when employees have made their benefit selections and enroll them into benefits with the appropriate carriers. APS OnLine allows our client to remain paperless and employees have 24-7 access to their current benefits.
  • Very user friendly site
  • Detailed Reporting Features
  • Beneficiary Information- APS OnLine should allow employees to select more than 1 primary and/or contingent beneficiary with a total of 100%.
Make sure to review benefits before allowing employees to make their selections.
Read Angela Hodges's full review
Heather Holloway profile photo

"APS OnLine review!"

We use APS OnLine for our payroll processing, and employee census needs.
  • Employee census information
  • Data recording for employees
  • New healthcare reporting tools for the new tax requirements
  • The Excel download of the employee census is cumbersome
Yes, for pulling information for annual employee census to take to market for benefit renewals.
Read Heather Holloway's full review
August 22, 2016

User Review: "New to APS"

APS OnLine is being used across the whole organization. All of our employees have embraced the new system increasing the number of direct deposits and paperless vouchers. Primarily, it has increased the online time management in place of time cards for our outlying areas along with time off requests eliminating approximately 15 hours of manual data entry.
  • APS OnLine is a great end user product and very easy for our employees. They have quick access to all their information, their accrual balances, hours worked, etc. They are able to enter their time off requests in the system. Although our prior system had these capabilities, employees had difficulty accessing system. If they couldn't get in, they couldn't use it. More employees logged on to APS in the first two weeks of use than in the prior three years with former system.
  • Integration - Data is real-time. When you enter information in one area of the software, it is immediately present in the rest of the system. No waiting for overnight interface. Change log provides backup for any changes that have been made as well as safeguards in the approval process.
  • Administrative ease - The system is very straight forward, logical, and easy to operate from the administrative end. [There is a] designated representative to address questions as they arise. No sitting on hold.
  • Reporting - We have six different business units and the reporting is separate for all three. Most reporting I do requires information from all business units so am running six reports and then copying and pasting to get the report I need.
  • Multi-state taxes - We have a number of employees who live in New York and work in New Jersey. APS OnLine is designed to accommodate one state withholding so ability to have "worked in" state and "lived in" state taxes withheld went away. This was a shortfall.
  • The Carrier connection setup took much longer than expected. After a year, we are still having some issues with some items transferring over to the GL.
  • The CA overtime calculation does not calculate after 8 hours per day, only on the 40 per week so we override each week.
  • Reporting - when running Benefit reports, it recognizes employees who formerly carried the plan but may have dropped it. To get around this, we have to delete off the employee's record so the history is not readily available.
Our goal was to simplify our payroll process and make it more user friendly. Very happy with final outcome.
July 14, 2016

APS Review: "Love is not a strong enough word!"

We are using the payroll function and the HR function. We are using it across the entire organization and APS OnLine has allowed us to own our data better. It has been a very useful tool for our operations, payroll, and administrative staff.
  • The report function has become a critical tool in our daily life. APS Online has really created a user friendly system to run reports and create reports.
  • Customer Service -- every connection with APS Online has been great! We use the chat feature, submitted tasks, and contacted our manager. They are quick at resolving our issues and are so warm.
  • New Hire wizard -- makes hiring a breeze!
  • I wish the employee search bar was always open at top so I didn't have to go into the employee consul to search for an employee.
  • As much as I love the report manager, I wish the report builder would allow me to have access to ALL of my information to write a report. As it stands with the 5 main topics, I may have to run two reports to get the information that I need.
  • ACA reporting is helpful but I wish the FTE report would downloadable as a CSV or Excel file.
I would make sure to be very clear about what past history information you needed imported.

I have been thrilled with the Customer Service. I am giving the attention that gives me the confidence that I have a team behind me that wants me to succeed. I love the boutique feeling with APS. I feel like I've joined an exclusive club. We as an organization haven't looked back!
October 02, 2015

APS Review: "Give it a try"

We currently use APS for Payroll, Timekeeping, and Document Access for Employees company wide. It helps us to keep all store forms current without having to email all locations every time an update is made. Employees can also access there pay stubs and w2's. It helps me to run reports for easy access when filing unemployment request or if I need at a glance information is needed.
  • Report Generator - Allows you to custom build reports
  • Documents Management - Allows you to link company wide documents to eselfserve for employee access. This helps to make sure that your employees are always using the most current forms available vs emailing and saving forms to the computer.
  • I do not have any suggestions at this time.
September 24, 2015

"APS OnLine Review"

APS Online is being used for payroll for our corporate office and 16 restaurant locations. APS OnLine is used by the Payroll and Accounting Departments. APS OnLine stores employee information. This program also provides reports used in allocating payroll and expenses. There are files written in APS OnLine that we use to import payroll numbers.
  • Allows running different reports for separate time periods.
  • Gives the option of seeing multiple company codes in one place.
  • Gives options of information to be included or excluded in reports.
  • The download (pdf or txt) reports generated do not create a separate tab. Therefore, you have to start over in the system when running multiple reports.
  • Setting up GL coding is very cumbersome; especially when you have multiple locations.
  • Not all set up functions or reporting functions are user friendly or intuitive.
The program is not "open" to obtaining information unless you use their canned reports. There is also not a balancing function to insure reports are accurate. Nor is there a warning when information is missing in reports due to the lack of permissions. Much of the functionality of setting up different locations and subsequent reporting is counterintuitive.

Employee demographic data (24)
Employment history (21)
Job profiles and administration (15)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (20)
Organizational charting (10)
Organization and location management (14)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (14)
Pay calculation (25)
9.2
Support for external payroll vendors (11)
5.7
Benefit plan administration (16)
Direct deposit files (25)
9.9
Salary revision and increment management (17)
Reimbursement management (10)
Approval workflow (19)
Balance details (18)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (13)
View and generate pay and benefit information (26)
9.4
Update personal information (24)
9.4
View company policy documentation (17)
Employee recognition (11)
View job history (17)
Tracking of all physical assets (6)
Report builder (26)
Pre-built reports (25)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (13)
New hire portal (13)
Manager tracking tools (9)
Corporate goal setting (2)
Individual goal setting (4)
Line-of sight-visibility (4)
Performance tracking (6)
Performance plans (8)
Performance improvement plans (6)
Review status tracking (7)
Review reminders (8)
Multiple review frequency (7)
Create succession plans/pools (1)
Candidate ranking (1)
Job Requisition Management (2)
9.2
Company Website Posting (2)
9.2
Publish to Social Media (2)
9.2
Job Search Site Posting (2)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (2)
Applicant Tracking (2)
Notifications and Alerts (3)

About APS

APS aims to bring innovation and scalability to modern human capital management. The product is an easy-to-use human capital management platform delivered with personalized service and support. The vendor focuses on usability, efficiency, and adoption.