Reviews (1-2 of 2)
February 11, 2020
Score 9 out of 10
We are using IntuitiveERP in all five of our businesses, and handling all of our needs from inventory management to manufacturing, quality, purchasing, sales and financials. We are using it with several other products to keep track of all of our key metrics and try and drive our business forward.
Read Craig Cormier's full review
Intuitive ERP is particularly well suited to be used for small to mid-sized manufacturers. It has enough complexity to handle most any business process yet is simple enough to not be cumbersome. It is probably not appropriate for a very large organization or enterprise, or to non-manufacturing related businesses.
Score 7 out of 10
Aptean Intuitive ERP is used by all departments. The employees in the shop use it to log their hours spent building a part. Quality uses it to check raw material coming in then issues it to stock which the warehouse guy pulls for the work order then quality inspects the final part logging the information into the ERP system. Sales Orders, Purchase Order and Shipments are all tracked in the system. The usefulness of this ERP system comes from its extensibility. We can add functionality to all business objects and forms. This becomes important in our industry because of the sensitive nature of some of our parts. If a part is classified as a "defense article" there are export regulations. I have been able to add functionality to the Sales Orders and Shipments which will stop shipments unless there is a valid export license assigned where needed. The downside is no documentation on the code base. We are granted 90% of the source code so I can look at what they do and figure out a solution, but documentation would be very helpful.
- Easily allows adding fields to the database. The data manager reads all fields, so just adding a field automatically brings it over.
- Optionally purchasing a tool called "Form Wizard" allows non-programmers to add new fields to a form and move around existing fields freeing up the developer to work on other things.
- They have a wrapper for the DevXpress grid which allows individual users to add and remove columns pertinent to their specific job.
- Documentation. The design of en extensible system works well once you figure it out. Some things can be tricky and time consuming.
- They provide no support for customizations. I can understand not wanting to help write specific custom code, but they refuse to even tell anyone what a method on a base class does unless you pay them $200 an hour.
- Their proprietary design can cause modifications to take longer. If you use one of their forms you can not load it, you must call their launch function and put you code in the "Execute" method. If they were more standardized the documentation issue would not be so bad.
Read John P. Maher's full review
If you have a programmer and are willing to let them learn the system and want software to function the way you run your business this may work well. If you do not have a programmer on staff and are willing to change your business to match the software but think in the future you may wish to modify your ERP software this may work out well. If you want something you can modify quickly this is not a good choice. If you do not wish to modify the code nor your business practices an evaluation would be required. It does allow substantial modifications, but there are areas it may not fit with your business so well. It is possible that Intuitive may happen to make the options you require available in the future.
Aptean Intuitive ERP Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Aptean Intuitive ERP
Aptean Intuitive ERP is an enterprise resource planning solution. It is built specifically for manufacturers who build products in regulated industries, such as aviation, electronics, and medical devices. It includes features such as product configuration, component serial number traceability, and engineering change management.
Categories: Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Aptean Intuitive ERP Technical Details