Aras PLM Reviews

Do you work for this company?

Tony Morales, PMP, CSM profile photo
We use Aras PLM as our source of record for documents. Our company is a medical device company and we need to be compliant with FDA document control standards. Our product engineering, research and development and information technology departments use Aras PLM to ensure our quality records are properly approved.
  • Aras PLM definitely controls documents and provides the approval levels needed to be compliant.
  • Aras PLM makes organizing and structuring libraries logical and intuitive.
  • The search tools in Aras PLM provides quick and efficient access to documents
  • Aras PLM uses terms and labels that can be confusing like Subsystem / Subsystem Version, Project Record Number (PRN). Companies need to understand these terms and develop business processes to set user standards.
  • I personally use Aras PLM to manage information technology project documents. In my opinion, Aras PLM is more geared to product and engineering. I would like to see a general project management Aras PLM version with terms and labels that I am familiar with.
  • The description field should be made required. Many of our engineers have created records and left that blank because it was not required. This would help with the context or background of each record.
Aras PLM works for our company, yet I don't have experience with any other software system. The system does not refresh and update quickly. Often times users need to force a refresh or logout and logon to verify changes and updates. The Lock and Unlock feature needs getting used to.
Read Tony Morales, PMP, CSM's full review

About Aras PLM

The Aras Innovator software is used for product lifecycle management (PLM), advanced product quality planning (APQP), lean product development, and new product introduction (NPI). Aras switched to an open source model in 2007, where clients obtain the software for free, and Aras Corp provides technical support, software updates, and other consulting as a subscription service.

Aras PLM Competitors