RSA Archer will be implemented enterprise wide. There are several key obligations to meet, that are driving the business need to manage …
Risk management (11)
Incident management (13)
GRC policy management (13)
Common repository of GRC items (12)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Archer, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Verify User Authenticity
- Quanitfies the business risks presented on a clear dashboards
- Eliminates the use of multiple third party software's to address risk parameters.
- Online Help system & monthly updates available for users
- Option to link all the firm standards software's to be launched through SSO
- Risk Patches to be embedded in firms custom built applications.
- Visibility into key risks areas help manage budgets in addition to better decision making capability.
- Policy management reduces workload of HR and Compliance and providing them better visibility in the system.
- Automation of various processes including policy management, internal audit and contractual compliance is helping internal functions to reduce human factor and also to increase efficiency.
- Dashboard view for management now helps review risks in real time.
- User interface has improved over last few versions but it still has a room to improve.
- RSA Archer provides robust ad-hoc reporting.
- RSA Archer provides very detailed control over workflows and their customization.
- RSA Archer provides multiple systems for the different needs of corporate governance.
- RSA Archer scripts run particularly slow.
- RSA Archer doesn't leverage calculated fields efficiently.
- RSA Archer doesn't have pop-up windows or peek windows into hyperlinks.
- Approval workflow.
- Response rating for exceptions.
- Statistics reporting.
- Color scheme difficult to read.
- Eliminate the instance number login.
- Better navigation.
- The auditing feature is amazing and, also, it is the basis to opt for RSA Archer.
- One can configure and create processes as the department needs.
- In disaster recovery exercises, it is one of the best tools available in the market.
- They release time to time updates, which causes issues in the GUI. However, one has to be careful while installing the update.
- There is no open and free academy to learn more about the tool.
- One cannot stay to a particular product version, they have to move to the next version to keep up with the changes.
- Configurable User Interface
- Hosted in Cloud
- Economical Solution
- Common Implementation/Training
- Consolidated Reporting
- Fully understand requirements before implementing, especially if looking for a common user experience
- Can be supported with FTE's, but make sure you have a few trained to support the app, otherwise consulting support will be required.
- Understand integration/connectors as these may add cost to your projects.
- It provides a central point to store all vendor information, which for us includes the vendor name, contact info and related agreements/contracts.
- It provides a central point to store all IT Risk Policies and any active exceptions to those policies. This allows the user to manage their exceptions and submit new items as needed.
- It allows us to manage 3rd party risk via a questionnaire that is required for all new agreements with vendors.
- The technology is poor and seems very out of date. Drop down selections are horrible, the menu system is antiquated and you have to click next multiple times to see all possible choices.
- The interface is very hard to navigate and the functions and flow of the application does not make a lot of sense. When I interact with the application I feel like I am using old technology. The menu system and forms feel old and out of date. It is very hard to submit a form because it is impossible to identify the required fields until you try and submit the form.
- Workflows and email notifications are not intuitive or easy to understand. Once you submit a form and the workflow begins, the other participants can only approve or reject, there is no option to edit. So they end up rejecting and making you as the submitter edit and re-submit which starts the process again. The workflow piece of the app is very clunky and hard to work with, I would not recommend it to others.
- Integration capabilities to multiple enterprise systems
- Control standards and Procedures to address multiple regulatory/authoritative sources, standards and frameworks enabling test once satisfy many requiremnts
- Rapid application development and User friendly tool with configuration capability to customize easily without user requiring programming or coding skills
- Periodic Updates to contents on controls standards and procedures based on updates additions authoritative source and standards
- Effectively handle changes in advanced workflow to inflight records
- Solution customization
- Accessibility to information
- User friendly interface
- Exporting Data
- Makes it easier to streamline running reports.
- Consolidates various modules into one tool - Change Management, Access Management, Key Frameworks (FFIEC, ISO 27001/2, NIST, etc.).
- Everyone can see the information in real-time to ensure team collaboration.
- Very complex and can present a steep learning curve initially.
- May be difficult for non-technical users to understand the process flow of the tool for various modules.
- Documentation for the product is sometimes incorrect or has missing information that is needed to understand how a process works within the application.
RSA Archer will be implemented enterprise wide. There are several key obligations to meet, that are driving the business need to manage information security risks, legal and regulatory and contractual compliance.
- Meet external legal and regulatory and contractual information security and compliance requirements across all business units and in the more than 29 countries.
- Meet internal company policies and audit requirements for business process and technology improvement.
- Manage contractual third-party risks due to subcontractors and/or commercial vendors.
- Demand for security governance, risk and compliance services that cannot be met today.
- Archer does a very good job at reporting. Management likes to be able to view data in graphical format which Archer dashboards, iViews are easily created with data from across various applications so that management has a single view of all the data required to make informed decisions.
- Calculations across multiple applications that roll up to give you a risk appetite for the organization.
- Integrations to popular security tool, rss feeds, to identify possible data breaches before they become an incident.
- Ease of development of the application. Do not need a programmer or know how to code to customize the platform to your company's business needs and processes.
- Documentation for the product is sometimes incorrect or has missing information that is needed to understand how a process works within the application. No documentation for data feeds or how to build them on your own. Need to have professional services.
- Training of the application or platform administration does not go into enough depth. You really have to play around and see how Archer applications cross reference each other. Solution diagrams do not come out clearly in MS Visio.
- Introduces efficiency in business processes to reduce cost.
- Automation which reduces time and errors.
- An incredible amount customization capability for the platform.
- Archer is not great at getting data and/or reports back out. There are different options and sometimes they meet the requirements, but often times they come up short.
- Documentation for administrators could be more in depth.
- Reliable platform
- Good support
- Allow organizations to customize the tool accordinng to their own needs
- Be more user friendly (for non-IT users)
- Improve approval workflows