Reviews (1-25 of 166)
- Revision Control - keeps things in check to ensure that right files are always being used.
- Easy User Interface - anyone can use it, even from a non-technical background.
- User Access control - easy to segregate between types of users to allow access to certain things.
- Workflow - would be nice to have an automated workflow to remind people to approve things or enter decisions (e.g. in ECOs and Requests)
- More customization - some templates are locked down and have to use certain fields, without the ability to change or remove them when making templates (e.g. in the Quality world when making a RMA template)
- Having partners and suppliers be part of ECOs throughout their lifecycle
- Sharing procedures and documents in real-time anywhere at any time
- Provide a secure area for our documents and designs
- Ease of use and support
- Some mass edit features could be added, such as changing suppliers in sourcing for all affected parts when a semiconductor company acquires another company but keeps the same part numbers...currently parts need to be changed individually.
We are able to collaborate on solving non-conformance reports and complaints as well as share BOMs and specs with suppliers. We are able to demonstrate RoHS compliance with Arena. Every Audit by our Certification body is accompanied throughout the entire audit by Arena, whether by using search results for the particular area under question, or printouts from reports generated.
- BOM management - The integrated modules, such as Items, Quality and requirements, provide much power to the reviewers, and have impressed our CMO dramatically.
- SCRIBE - this has allowed us to solve problems faster and through efficient collaboration, in almost any "world".
- Requirements Module - It is very hard to utilize this module for approving Requirements, as such function doesn't exist. Baselines feature is hard to understand how to best utilize it. We need to play around a lot, it seems, to figure out how to best accommodate our needs. We don't find an easy way of reflecting obsolete or replaced verification reports (when designs change etc...). Otherwise, we have non-current traceability which doesn't help us demonstrate complete design verification.
- Training Module - This module seems to be lacking basic compliance features of ISO 13485, and the ability to have multiple items or files comprising one training program and tracking the fulfillment of the entire program (package of multiple steps). Also the option of having on-the-job training doesn't seem to be naturally incorporated into the functionality.
We HAVE been able to track and report most of our quality processes on Arena and gain from the collaborative abilities of the Platform.
- It is being used across the whole organization.
- The most common problem is that our client gives us access to Arena, but not everyone accesses the same information due to our client policies and system registration date.
- ECO's reviews online
- BOM report comparison between models
- Easy access to files for each PN
- BOM comparison with the same model but different revision
- Access information assigned by profile or copy other user access
- Trust in documents to have fewer errors with more thorough vetting by reviewers.
- Sharing with suppliers is awesome.
- Searching for items is always a gamble.
- Changing password too often
- File uploading and document naming can become cumbersome (don't use the CSV upload process)
Probably not as useful for small companies, or where non-complex products are being organized.
- I love being able to review a redlined version of a BOM. It allows us to easily digest what has changed on a customer's BOM without having to ask them too many questions.
- Having the thumbnail of associated files next to part numbers makes it easy to navigate and download files.
- I like the email alerts for downloaded files.
- I find the search function a little annoying.
- I wish the search would provide suggested or related results based on your search.
- Generating BOM of assemblies and subassemblies is very easy.
- Easy to access the product history
- Creating engineering changes is very convenient.
- I'd be excited if it were possible to create documents in Arena.
- I would like to see some tutorials on how SOLIDWORKS PDM can be used with Arena.
- I would be excited if calendars could be integrated with Arena.
- Approval process.
- Keeping track of everything.
- Centralize all engineering documents and others.
- Source control.
- The interface is ugly. It looks like an 1990 web page.
- The search engine is powerful but complex.
- Program development feature. Programs versions and source control ex: git.
- Being able to compare program versions in text format and highlight changes between previous and latest version release.
- Large companies with many drawings and documents that require revision control.
It is being used by All departments such as Product Management, Program Management, Engineering, etc.
Arena helped in solving the problem of keeping a track record, which is a challenging task. Also, it helps in knowledge transfer with the right documentation in place. For example, if any important person leaves the organization without knowledge transfer, this tool with the right documentation helps in keeping a record of it and can be used as a source to learn the task which was left by the person leaving. Arena is indeed the best tool for Quality Control, Version Control, and others for Document or Product.
- Arena helped in solving the problem of keeping a track record, which is a challenging task.
- Also, it helps in knowledge transfer with the right documentation in place, for example, if any important person leaves the organization without knowledge transfer.
- Arena has also helped in achieving ISO certification.
- It is also helpful in updating the BOM easily without much efforts and helps in keeping a track record of any changes made.
- The major disadvantage here is that it requires a lot of time to update the items.
- The DCO submitting process is lengthy and requires a lot of time if there is a minor update. There should be a way to update minor changes without withdrawing the whole change.
- Serve as a Library store of information
- Upload files and forget they are there
- Search through super complex terminology as if it were 1993 on an old Windows 3.1 interface
- Search is so awful I prefer Excite, Web Crawler, or Yahoo from 1994.
- Finding anything requires a degree in Arena search terminology.
- Attaching a file is not simply add a file, it's a group of dropdown menus. Why has any person use this? This is only for paid Arena search specialists.
- Using Arena to store documents for quality and supply chain
- The change management process is easy to use.
- The use of multiple workspaces allow versatility across different departments.
- I am not sure if it is the way we are using Arena, but I find myself going in circles at points.
- easy access to data
- easy upload and download
- advance search is helpful to find our parts
- useful for the whole organization
- It should run with low internet speed.
- It should contain a separate download vault.
- Stage gate application needs to be simplified.
- Arena is good at jumping from one place to the other quickly to retrace information
- Arena is good for processes of approval.
- Arena allows for fast searches
- Arena could include tracking functionality that could be used as a purchasing software.
- Arena could have built-in macros for quick imports.
- Product management
- Project management
- I have struggled sometimes to search for items. Needs to implement better search functionality.
- BOM duplication is allowed which should not be the case as it needs to be handled smartly.
- The UI is sometimes misleading with multiple options. It can be revamped for a simple and better UI.
- Information was well organized
- Easy to learn to use even complex processes.
- System up almost 100% of the time
- Speed of operations
- When context-sensitive options are available, show them, and explain why they are not available instead of greying out the possibilities.
- All drag and drop functions.
- Arena does a great job with creating a Bill of Materials and makes it really easy to access that information. It can be presented in many different ways to highlight critical information.
- Arena makes it easy for users to see outstanding action items and to see the progress of a change order or quality process.
- Arena provides a good user interface for training.
- Arena lacks the capability to edit documents within its interface and requires users to upload new versions of documents when changes are made. This makes it a bit more challenging to collect and implement reviewer feedback
- Arena's requirement tracking world does not have the proper functionality we need and was not useful for us.
Arena Scorecard Summary
Arena Solutions help companies to design, produce, and deliver innovative products quickly with the company's unified PLM and QMS platform. Arena understands modern product companies rely on distributed teams and global supply chains to develop products, ensure regulatory compliance, and respond to customer demands.
Arena Solutions states that they have more than 1,300 global
high-tech electronics and medical device customers. Companies with complex
products comprised of electrical, mechanical, and software designs need a
single system to collaborate in real-time. Arena enables every participant throughout the entire product lifecycle to work together–increasing visibility and traceability. This accelerates new product development (NPD) and new product introduction (NPI) by streamlining processes, automating review cycles, and reducing errors to increase profitability.
The vendor states that with Arena’s cloud solutions, internal teams and external partners can leverage a comprehensive product development platform to accelerate product launches while reducing expenses, increasing profitability, and speeding the time to market.
Arena Videos (2)
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
Arena offers flexible packages to fit your team’s needs ensuring you get the right capabilities to meet your specific business requirements so you never overpay. Our cloud-based PLM and QMS solutions include role-based subscriptions to meet your diverse team needs with the necessary security to protect your product information. Our fixed-fee QuickStart™ implementations help us deploy rapidly to provide the lowest total cost of ownership.
Arena Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Arena Technical Details