Reviews (1-4 of 4)
- It supports strategic solutions such as request for information (RFI), request for proposal (RFP), and request for quotation (RFQ) as well as e-auction services.
- A cloud-based spend management software solution designed to help companies control spending and achieve goals.
- It helps in selection and ordering, purchase order approval and delivery and billing.
- While using the tool, we also have the need for client support or supporting our end users. I personally believe the customer support experience should be better.
- Should have more features like working on all different browsers like Firefox and IE more efficiently.
- Reporting functionality should be increased and have easy access.
- Access to the system after getting approval.
- Ariba Procurement consolidates the Procure to Pay process
- Ariba Procurement provides great spend visibility
- Ariba Procurement has good reporting features and is user-friendly enough that end-users can run reports and exports these reports to Excel
- Ariba Procurement allows vendors to enter their own invoices.
- Ariba Procurement could be more user-friendly. Currently, it requires at least 1-hour to train external users to enter their own invoices in the system.
- Ariba Procurement could improve on the eSourcing module, making it simpler for suppliers to gain access and participate in the events.
- Ariba Procurement could improve the SAP > Ariba communication. Certain actions done in SAP are not communicated back to Ariba.
- The Credit Memo process could improve. When credits are created (CM-CWT) they are reflected in Ariba, but SAP does not fund the actual order.
Ariba is well suited for all indirect types of spending.
For direct spend, however, such as logistics, Ariba Procurement does not offer enough of the required fields. It seems that Ariba Procurement cannot offer solutions to match the complexities of the direct spend or the solutions offered require customization, which can be costly. The SAP support is very costly.
SAP Ariba is an online solution catered to delivering a cloud-based procurement platform for the needs of both buyers and suppliers. It is touted as one of the world’s leading business commerce networks where businesses of all sizes can connect to their trading partners anywhere, at any time, and from any application or device to buy, sell, and manage their cash more efficiently than before.
SAP Ariba combines industry-leading cloud-based applications with the world’s largest Internet-based trading community to help companies discover and collaborate with a global network of partners. Companies around the world use the software to simplify inter-enterprise commerce and enhance the results that they deliver.
- Cost Reduction: Definitely this goes well as you are able to get different suppliers with different pricing and you can now select what pricing best suits your present needs.
- Supplier management: Different suppliers can be easily manage from one tool.
- Suppliers enjoy visibility of the recruitment bidding process. One can also save the time to respond to online emails by using the platform to communicate with clients.
- The system we use is not user friendly, you need a detailed tutorial to understand the processes better.
- Once the network is not so great, it can take a while trying to upload a document to the cloud.
- User interface