https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/EQ/3c/RPSLLALPMFC3.JPEGOn its way to being the best rapid development eLearning toolI have been using Articulate's products, specifically, Storyline since 2014! Storyline allows me to create dynamic eLearning courses quickly but also allows me to create large, project managed courses with the same quality as some graphically designed and coded courses. With its most recent update to Storyline 360, I can also publish courses as MP4 files! And if I want to create something even quicker, I can use Rise, a quick authoring tool made for easy collaboration with your SMEs, ISDs, or trainers!,Easy collaboration on a course Sharable Content Library Live, Online Training to self-development with the tools Flexibility to create the course as quick or as in depth as you need,The Support Community is great; however, it can be hard to find an answer to your support needs. Out of my price range as an individual ($999 annually) No browser-based version - yet!,9,All in one tool that connected development teams between departments Always have latest version (similar to Adobe Cloud) Rise has been a time saver for the HR department's publishing needs,Camtasia and Lectora,Snagit, Camtasia, QualtricsArticulate 360 recommendationArticulate 360 is a key software for us as it allows us to create rapid e-learning not only in Storyline but also gives us the ability to create mobile first solutions easily with Rise.,You have the ability to create a variety of courses easily with the vast array of tools provided. The asset library is extremely handy. The pre-made templates make the creation process for new instructional designers extremely easy.,I think a lower yearly price would be a big help for independent freelancers. Having a bank of Rise templates available. More graphical assets in the content library would be useful.,9,Has provided a solution to carrying out a review process. Gives the ease and flexibility to create both high quality e-learning for desktop and mobile first. The content library has provided a reduced need for stock photography purchases.,Storyline 2 and Adobe CaptivateCertainly a big step forward. Storyline could do with a few more upgrades though.At the moment it has not been fully deployed but it has been/is being tested. However we currently use Articulate Storyline 2. So it will be used extensively once it is deployed. It will be one of our main development tools for content and learning objects. Straight away the content library will be able to save the team time and money spent on stock images where required,Again the content library is a particularly good feature that will provide graphic resources, which can be vital for work statements they require a fast turn around, reducing the effort and cost to produce or source relevant supporting content. The ease of content creation in Rise. The Publish options allow users to publish without Flash.,Subscription based software model are something I'm not a fan of. There are limited options for editing the player, it would be nice to see more design option here. Hosting content on a tablet without using articulate servers.,8,Content library will certainly help towards reducing cost and time in development particularly in relation to graphics. Provides more of an all in one system. Working within a family of programmes that understand each other tends to make things run smoother take the Adobe suite for example. Articulate Review, seems to be an easy way to publish and send courses for review. No need of any server or LMS to send the courses for stakeholders’ to review.,,Adobe CaptivateArticulate 360 - An eLearning Solution to Slay Meetings and Win HeartsI am the only person at the company who is actively using Articulate 360. (I've used Articulate products for 4.5 years now in corporate and freelance contexts). Our organization purchased a content package from an LMS provider a few years ago, so my job for the next two years is to develop in-house content to replace some of the highest-priority courses in our learning plan. Articulate 360 solves a number of problems, but none is clearer than the problem we used to have gathering feedback on courses in an efficient manner. With prior versions of the product, the only real way to submit comments on a course was to print it out in Word format and send it back to the developer. With Articulate Review (part of the 360 platform), learners can make comments directly from within the course, and they will track to the slide and layer level. Developers will receive email notifications every time a new comment is posted, and they can comment back. To top it off, you can even view prior versions of the course with a single click of a button!,Articulate Review is the single greatest addition to the Articulate set of tools in the 4.5 years I've been using the product. It makes course review a cinch, and eliminates all of the headaches that come from reviewing courses on an LMS or via a hacked together Google Drive/Dropbox solution. Rise is an incredibly quick, easy way to build quick, beautiful, content driven courses that are mobile friendly and responsive. It's drag and drop, which makes it fun to use, and web-based, which allows developers to build content on the go without needing access to their primary machine. Peek (the screen recorder tool) is a big improvement over Articulate Replay from a simplicity perspective. It records the screen as a discreet taskbar icon, rather than a full program, and then allows you to edit and use that content in your software package of choice. I love it.,I occasionally have issues with the launcher in 360, and can't get the program to open. It seems to be an intermittent bug on my computer that has to do with being enterprise-locked. The first time this happened, I reached to Articulate's world-class support, who helped me get up and running again. I've been able to fix the issue subsequently by following the instructions provided by the Articulate folks, so I'm happy with that! I would like to see further integration with TinCan API (xAPI) in the platform. Right now, I believe that TinCan is only supported in Storyline, and that the statements it is capable of sending to an LRS system are limited to 6 canned verbs. While that is fine, there is no native support for sending variables directly to an LRS without doing some XML tweaking behind the scenes. I'd like to see Articulate lead the industry in xAPI use cases and support, since I hope that's the direction that the industry is headed. I say this every time I have an opportunity, but I'd love to see Articulate develop a native version for the Mac. I've had some success running Storyline 360 on my Mac with Parallels and VMWare Fusion, but I'd like to free up my system resources to edit video AND develop courses, which is difficult to do when you're running a virtual machine.,10,I spend less time developing courses, and more time engaging learners with Articulate 360. Not only has our development timeline shortened because of Articulate Review and Rise, but we are also putting out better, more engaging content. The subscription model of Articulate 360 paid for itself almost immediately by providing access to some awesome stock content in the Content Library. We used to spend hundreds of dollars buying content that is now included in our membership to a tool we were already paying for. The greatest return on our investment has come in the form of time. Stakeholders love Articulate Review. It's easy to check the progress of the course creation, see what issues have been addressed by the development team, and provide feedback-- cutting back on everyone's least favorite thing: MEETINGS.,Articulate Storyline, Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe PhotoshopArticulate 360 - better with every update and upgradeWhen I joined my current company I was asked what software programs I used and felt were best for our newly built team of instructional designers. I had an opportunity to beta test and play with Articulate 360. I recommended the purchase of the software for a variety of reasons, but our department designs training for internal and external customers. It allows us to draft things quickly with Rise, use Review for seamless review and change requests. It also has a user-friendly user interface that is surprisingly robust, yet simple to teach someone to use.,I love the addition of Review. It allows us to send items to external customers for their review and feedback as well as allows me to comment back via one location. When you update and re-publish you can update the item they can see. I did stumble across the fact that if you have multiple people working on a project and they publish and send a link to the customer it is saved into their own 360 site. I need to explore this more to see if there is a way to make a collaborative site that two people can update to. If not, it is important to be aware that you need to send the updated links to your co-worker too or they won't see comments made on the newer items published by a different person. We ran into this because I had to go out of town and someone else had to help with some updates. Storyline is something I have been using since it came out and wow, it has come a long way in a relatively short time. I have to say my favorite thing about the software though is the collaborative site to teach people on how to use it and to collaborate with others. It is unlike any other support/tutorial site I have ever used. I also like Storyline because it is robust but user-friendly. You can make very simple or very complex items based on your skill set. There is also a newly updated content library full of great resources to use in your training. I feel like the access to this has really opened up options for our training programs. Another thing I really like it the ability to change your design view for PC to tablet to mobile...seamlessly. This is huge! As the world turns more to mobile learning this is a great way to see what you have done and how it will transfer between formats.,As I mentioned previously, I need to explore more, but it seems like Review should have some way to have a collaborative 360 place where a team can publish to so that there is one place for everyone to use. Storyline gets better with each update and release. I have always wished for a little more flexibility or options in the animation area.,10,The positive impact of this software on our team is pretty substantial. We have been able to roll out a good bit of training in a short turnaround. We have greatly improved the quality of product being put out there. The ability to send a training program for review via Articulate Review has made for happy customers. They love that they can just click on a link and comment as they go. It also allows me to get that feedback real time and then address those changes and communicate their completion or ask clarifying questions in context to the actual screen.,
Windows, Mac
Articulate 360

Articulate 360 Reviews

Articulate 360
Top Rated Award
Filter 56 vetted Articulate 360 reviews and ratings
Timothy Aulph profile photo
February 27, 2018

Articulate 360 Review: "On its way to being the best rapid development eLearning tool"

• Easy collaboration on a course
  • Sharable Content Library
  • Live, Online Training to self-development with the tools
  • Flexibility to create the course as quick or as in depth as you need
  • The Support Community is great; however, it can be hard to find an answer to your support needs.
  • Out of my price range as an individual ($999 annually)
  • No browser-based version - yet!
Articulate 360 will allow you to share content in a library and allow others to easily review your course. It is a quick, intuitive suite of apps that are great for developing a course quickly and efficiently. After watching YouTube videos to get you started, you should have a course done in a decent amount of time. Branching is easy to create and track. Included assets, such as the built-in templates and characters help the user complete a professional looking course in a short amount of time.

This suite may be less appropriate if you are a one-person team. You probably only need to buy/use Storyline 3 or Studio 13 (one time cost of $1398 [or $699 to upgrade] versus an annual cost of $999). Or, you may find you need something smaller, like Camtasia.
Read Timothy Aulph's full review
John Hinchliffe profile photo
February 22, 2018

User Review: "Articulate 360 recommendation"

• You have the ability to create a variety of courses easily with the vast array of tools provided.
  • The asset library is extremely handy.
  • The pre-made templates make the creation process for new instructional designers extremely easy.
  • I think a lower yearly price would be a big help for independent freelancers.
  • Having a bank of Rise templates available.
  • More graphical assets in the content library would be useful.
If you are a new instructional designer with an existing knowledge of PowerPoint, then this makes an entrance into the industry far easier. Articulate has provided a well-rounded solution for individuals and organisations to produce great rapid e-learning.
Read John Hinchliffe's full review
Jason Adaje profile photo
June 02, 2017

Articulate 360 Review: "Certainly a big step forward. Storyline could do with a few more upgrades though."

• Again the content library is a particularly good feature that will provide graphic resources, which can be vital for work statements they require a fast turn around, reducing the effort and cost to produce or source relevant supporting content.
  • The ease of content creation in Rise.
  • The Publish options allow users to publish without Flash.
  • Subscription based software model are something I'm not a fan of.
  • There are limited options for editing the player, it would be nice to see more design option here.
  • Hosting content on a tablet without using articulate servers.
Articulate 360 seems to work well for courses with branching scenarios, it is quite clear to see the relationships between slides and how to edit them. Articulate 360 still seems to need some work in the area of software simulation, it's great that it records the little animations that may happen on screen for providing a more genuine looking simulated experience but, Captivate still seems to provide a better experience for screen capturing and editing those captures.
Read Jason Adaje's full review
Ryan Parish profile photo
May 18, 2017

Review: "Articulate 360 - An eLearning Solution to Slay Meetings and Win Hearts"

• Articulate Review is the single greatest addition to the Articulate set of tools in the 4.5 years I've been using the product. It makes course review a cinch, and eliminates all of the headaches that come from reviewing courses on an LMS or via a hacked together Google Drive/Dropbox solution.
  • Rise is an incredibly quick, easy way to build quick, beautiful, content driven courses that are mobile friendly and responsive. It's drag and drop, which makes it fun to use, and web-based, which allows developers to build content on the go without needing access to their primary machine.
  • Peek (the screen recorder tool) is a big improvement over Articulate Replay from a simplicity perspective. It records the screen as a discreet taskbar icon, rather than a full program, and then allows you to edit and use that content in your software package of choice. I love it.
  • I occasionally have issues with the launcher in 360, and can't get the program to open. It seems to be an intermittent bug on my computer that has to do with being enterprise-locked. The first time this happened, I reached to Articulate's world-class support, who helped me get up and running again. I've been able to fix the issue subsequently by following the instructions provided by the Articulate folks, so I'm happy with that!
  • I would like to see further integration with TinCan API (xAPI) in the platform. Right now, I believe that TinCan is only supported in Storyline, and that the statements it is capable of sending to an LRS system are limited to 6 canned verbs. While that is fine, there is no native support for sending variables directly to an LRS without doing some XML tweaking behind the scenes. I'd like to see Articulate lead the industry in xAPI use cases and support, since I hope that's the direction that the industry is headed.
  • I say this every time I have an opportunity, but I'd love to see Articulate develop a native version for the Mac. I've had some success running Storyline 360 on my Mac with Parallels and VMWare Fusion, but I'd like to free up my system resources to edit video AND develop courses, which is difficult to do when you're running a virtual machine.
If you are looking for a suite of tools to support every type of eLearning development that you could imagine, look no further. Articulate 360 supports PowerPoint native course creation in Studio 360, Rapid eLearning Development with robust configuration and interactivity options in Storyline 360, a responsive drag-and-drop creation tool in Rise, and a time-saving godsend of a review tool in Articulate Review. The mere fact that Articulate throws a huge content library on top of that is incredible icing on the cake.
Read Ryan Parish's full review
Kristen Neill profile photo
March 13, 2017

Review: "Articulate 360 - better with every update and upgrade"

• I love the addition of Review. It allows us to send items to external customers for their review and feedback as well as allows me to comment back via one location. When you update and re-publish you can update the item they can see. I did stumble across the fact that if you have multiple people working on a project and they publish and send a link to the customer it is saved into their own 360 site. I need to explore this more to see if there is a way to make a collaborative site that two people can update to. If not, it is important to be aware that you need to send the updated links to your co-worker too or they won't see comments made on the newer items published by a different person. We ran into this because I had to go out of town and someone else had to help with some updates.
  • Storyline is something I have been using since it came out and wow, it has come a long way in a relatively short time. I have to say my favorite thing about the software though is the collaborative site to teach people on how to use it and to collaborate with others. It is unlike any other support/tutorial site I have ever used. I also like Storyline because it is robust but user-friendly. You can make very simple or very complex items based on your skill set. There is also a newly updated content library full of great resources to use in your training. I feel like the access to this has really opened up options for our training programs.
  • Another thing I really like it the ability to change your design view for PC to tablet to mobile...seamlessly. This is huge! As the world turns more to mobile learning this is a great way to see what you have done and how it will transfer between formats.
  • As I mentioned previously, I need to explore more, but it seems like Review should have some way to have a collaborative 360 place where a team can publish to so that there is one place for everyone to use.
  • Storyline gets better with each update and release. I have always wished for a little more flexibility or options in the animation area.
Articulate 360 is well suited for training where you need to be able to create something quickly. It is also a great solution for a team that might have different skill levels. The learning curve isn't as high as some other programs that require more programming or manipulation for results. I can't say that I have yet experienced a time when this software didn't work for my needs.
Read Kristen Neill's full review
Ben Sewell profile photo
December 15, 2016

Articulate 360 Review: "Fantastic progress, from a brand supporting the community"

Within the company I work for, we have been long time users of Storyline 2 and produce a large proportion of our content within it.
Now with Articulate 360, we can expand on our offerings and reduce our reliance on the Adobe suite.
Unfortunately, it has not been rolled out yet and is still in the testing phase. I do however use this personally as a freelancer.

I was lucky enough to Beta test the 360 software suite and rated it highly. I use this to develop a wide variety of content, typically using Storyline for more traditional courses and Rise for interactive websites and infographics.

When we need support, we find searching the community to be very effective and, if required, the customer service team are second to none.

• Expands on the offering, creating an overall suite of features and potential. For example, the content library lets you grab media where you needn't worry about royalties and searching endlessly.
  • Allows for constant upgrades and improves to each component of the software. This is a growing suite and updates are released regularly.
  • Unlocks potential for greater and more in-depth solutions, rather than standalone content. For example, object collision allows for game creation.
  • Addresses QA issues, with the fantastic review feature. You can see exactly what and when the reviewer is experiencing issues.
  • Just released, so still a few things to iron out.
  • Price point is high for freelancers, but hopefully this will be addressed.
  • Not the ground breaking update to Storyline 2 that I expected, but this is NOT Storyline 3, so I'm happy with this.
  • Studio and Replay seem a bit unnecessary now and could perhaps take efforts away from the more useful components of the suite.
If you are looking to create a piece of elearning content, or a complete elearning solution, with responsive sites and design, then this is probably the best tool you could choose at the current time. There is also the bonus of the full library.
I feel this is best suited for:
  • Games
  • Branching scenarios
  • Interactive video
  • Rotating models
  • Infographics

If you are looking to save money and simply create a simple presentation, I'd suggest an older version, or to simply stick with Powerpoint.
Read Ben Sewell's full review
Michael Jones profile photo
December 15, 2016

Review: "Articulate 360: Bringing the E-Learning Development Process Full-Circle"

We are in the process of moving towards Articulate 360 as our preferred platform for developing e-learning. At the moment, it is being used by our internal staff as we begin the process of moving clients to the new platform, with the goal being to have it across the entire organization in the future. We believe that Articulate 360 helps to better support mobile devices used by learners, enhance opportunities for collaboration during various stages of development with Review, and streamline the overall production process with features like the Content Library.
  • Enhances support for mobile devices with the move away from primarily relying on Flash. The HTML5 engine has been rebuilt and now offers the option for specifying which type of output is published (HTML5 Only, HTML5/Flash, Flash/HTML5, Flash Only).
  • The new Review tool makes it possible for reviewers to provide feedback which also shows exactly what was on-screen at the time they post each comment. This will greatly help alleviate confusion from vague bits of feedback now that developers can see exactly what happened.
  • The lightweight screen-casting tools Peek and Preso help to better support our developers and answer client questions whenever an email simply isn't enough. Having the ability to quickly record my desktop screen, or annotate screens with my feedback, and upload it to Articulate 360 to share nicely streamlines my workflow.
  • Having access to high quality templates, characters, and images (coming soon) will streamline the process for sourcing stock media in a way that better manages costs, since it's included in the price of the subscription.
  • With the move from Flash to HTML5, there are a few bugs that still need to be worked out. But I think they'll be resolved quickly with the frequent release of updates.
  • Currently, there is only a 1-size-fits all subscription that includes all of the tools at an annual lump-sum price point. It feels a little steep if you aren't actively using all of the tools, or compared to other subscriptions with monthly fees (e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud).
  • Some of the issues reported in SL2 continue to be present in SL360, but there is a clear trend towards resolving even the peskiest of these legacy issues.
Articulate 360 is great if you are looking for a comprehensive suite of tools to help with a wide variety of e-learning needs. However, if you are an existing SL user, and do not have need for Articulate Studio (Presenter, Engage, Quizmaker), then this may be a bit more expensive than what you need. The addition of the new tools is great, but it may not meet the needs of small teams/organizations that are heavily focused on controlling costs. Hopefully they'll offer different tiers or bundles with other payment options in the future.
Read Michael Jones's full review
Piotr Peszko profile photo
March 07, 2017

Articulate 360 Review: "Great for new starters, good for small groups, may not be the best for huge implementations"

I work as a consultant, e-learning designer, and developer. I am using this in my own teaching in the classroom or online. From my perspective, Articulate is very simple to implement in new organizations that have never worked with any authoring tool. It is so similar to Microsoft PowerPoint that after you explain what the timeline is and how it works people can easily do the development.
  • Delivering interactive courses that are far beyond click next only.
  • I love the capability of publishing right from the tool to the cloud. It is the best tool ever if you work as a freelance e-learning developer.
  • It is easy to implement and tons of examples online get you started in hours not days or weeks.
  • I think that importing from PowerPoint can be better.
  • Advanced programming is not something that you can do easily. You just need to click a lot.
  • I'd love to see better support for mobile applications right from the start.
It is the perfect tool when you want to implement this. Let me give you an example: You have the company that has technical folks, and capabilities of teaching in the classroom. Then you take this tool, spend a day in the classroom and that's it. People that previously used PowerPoint will just pick up and start developing.
Read Piotr Peszko's full review
Marti Stemm profile photo
February 10, 2017

Review: "Ease of use capabilities for all - Articulate 360"

I participated in the beta for this product. It has great options and is a good program for all areas of on-line course design. Although my company made a decision to stay our current group of Articulate products including Storyline 2 I can honestly say that this is a great addition to the Articulate product group.

The con in our case was the cost. We are a small company and annual renewals were not budgeted at this time. We already had the next two versions of Storyline purchased and will stay with that plan.
  • It is a program that is going to be kept up to date and the user will automatically have updates available.
  • It has some graphic capabilities that are extra in Articulate's other programs.
  • It has some new fast development tools that will assist with creating mobile training. (Our company currently doesn't have any plans for mobile-based training.)
  • Annual Cost. Most commercial software is going this direction, so it is to be expected. It allows the user to have new updates quickly, but can be a budget buster for small organizations.
Read Marti Stemm's full review
Luke Dart profile photo
January 19, 2017

Articulate 360 Review: "Very good product with a couple if small issues."

I have been using Articulate's products for the past 8 years starting with Studio Presenter '09 through to Articulate 360. With every new product, Articulate has produced almost exactly what I have needed, as always the product is easy to use and with the online community you should always find a solution to your problem. Generally, my department produces fairly complex courses which this product handles with no problems at all however if simpler work is required this is something you can do efficiently and effectively.
  • As with all Articulate products the software is fairly easy to use and can produce some very powerful results.
  • With all the 'extras' on top of Storyline you can start producing different looking courses.
  • In my experience the community is the best I have seen, it is rare someone won't be able to solve your problem and it is often resolved in a few hours.
  • The price is a little high.
  • I would prefer an option not to purchase some of the the features of 360 as I simply would not use them.
  • The update to Storyline is not a large one, I was hoping for more for its release.
This is a fantastic all in one package especially if you don't have lots of extra supporting software. However those who are fortunate to have other supporting software like Adobe Edge and Premier you can be limited to the amounts of time you would be using Rise or Preso. I am also a little confused why Storyline and Studio are in the same package as to me you would either use one or the other, not both.
Read Luke Dart's full review
Valorie Engholm profile photo
January 12, 2017

Review: "Articulate 360 is the only authoring tool you need!"

This is being used by the continuing education department to create courses for massage therapy licensing renewal purposes. This addresses the problem of delivering course credits that massage therapists need in order to renew their licenses in a way that is creative and effective. As an instructional designer, this software gives us the tools to create a variety of courses in this industry for our purposes.
  • Articulate Review allows me to collaborate with my supervisors and SMEs easily and without trying to find a workaround to sending things through email or uploading to Tempshare.
  • Storyline 360 is much more intuitive than SL2, and the animations and transitions are noticeably smoother.
  • It also includes a screencasting feature, Replay. Previously I had used several outside programs for screencasting, but Replay works right along with Storyline, so it's perfect.
  • The content library is fantastic!
  • Articulate Review sends me an individual email for every comment my collaborators or SMEs make. This creates a ton of clutter in my inbox, and I feel that there should be a way to turn this function off.
Articulate 360 is appropriate for any e-learning scenario. It is perfect for corporate training, for non-profit organizations to train their volunteers, or for professionals such as myself creating continuing education courses. I could even see this being used by high school or elementary teachers to add another element of learning to their curriculum.
Read Valorie Engholm's full review
Derek Hollingshead profile photo
December 19, 2016

"Articulate 360 Review"

Articulate 360 is used in my department as a pilot to see f we'd like to use it in other departments of my company. The software package provides us with the tools we need to quickly develop quality training materials without the need to learn too much code for programming custom interactions for our users.
  • Articulate 360 makes it easy for us to create non-linear learning experiences.
  • Articulate 360 makes use of intuitive interfaces that are familiar yet powerful.
  • Articulate 360 has amazing customer service and a great community of professionals for additional insights and ideas.
  • I would like to see support for options to purchase only specific components as needed without being required to purchase the entire package.
Articulate 360 is great if you want to create engaging, interactive, and/or non linear training modules. The ability to use the software with the latest API means that data metrics can be gathered quickly and easily used to improve the training created. We have found that media integration has been integral in creating an immersive digital environment for our employees.
Read Derek Hollingshead's full review
Brooke Schepker profile photo
December 16, 2016

Review: "Creating e-learning has never been easier (with Articulate 360)"

We use Articulate 360 every day...it's the perfect suite of tools for
any type of e-learning.

If you design and develop e-learning, you need
to have the Articulate 360 tools in your arsenal. They provide a
one-stop shop for all things e-Learning, including but certainly not
limited to: interactive branching with scenario-based learning, iPad
development, responsive design, upgraded HTML5 compliance, system
simulations with the built-in screen recording tool, sliders, motion
pathing for animation purposes, and so much more.

Collaboration amongst our reviewers is a snap with Articulate Review.
Goodbye, Excel spreadsheets and shared Google Drive
documents...Articulate Review provides our SMEs and stakeholders one,
easy to use tool for capturing all their feedback. And allows us to make
comments back to comments. Lifesaver!

Articulate 360 is head and shoulders above the other tools and suite
of tools on the market. It truly combines the features of most rapid
e-Learning tools on the market in one easy-to-use tool. And, the
Articulate community is just a bonus addition...no other company's
support can compare to what Articulate provides.

As an Articulate only design shop (creating content and providing training solely in Articulate), we've been able to use Articulate 360 to decrease our development timeline
significantly across the board. Our customers love the speed with which
we can create interactive and engaging courses.

• Articulate's community is just a click and email away...support when you need it. The amount of free templates, storyboards, ideas, and graphics is absolutely amazing. We all share information, issues, and resolutions together, making for a true "community" of e-Learning professionals.
  • Articulate's Storyline 360 tool enables you to import a PowerPoint and add engagement through built-in interactions, or you can start from scratch and build the same look and feel. - Easy enough for beginners, robust enough for programmers.
  • Articulate Review enables our customers to provide screen by screen feedback...long gone are the days of using spreadsheets to track revisions.
  • Responsive design is integrated and works beautifully!
  • Storyline 360 is not yet Mac compatible.
Articulate 360 is well suited to any e-Learning project, whether you are a newbie or experienced computer-based training developer.
Read Brooke Schepker's full review
Allison Nederveld profile photo
December 16, 2016

Articulate 360 Review: "Loving the new 360... except the price"

We have been using Storyline 2 for the past several years (since I came onboard) and updated to 360 when it was released. We are one team of 6 (but rapidly growing to more than 10) instructional designers on campus and we use SL/360 to develop assets for faculty to use in their courses. We primarily use the SL app but will definitely be exploring the other apps in 360. We are thrilled about the addition of Ariculate Review in particular.
  • The addition of Articulate Review is a huge bonus for us. We have been struggling with the best way collaborate with faculty on eLearning, so this solves a big problem for us.
  • As always, the support from Articulate is stellar. They have already put out several new updates to 360 that we are excited about. In particular, they listened to users and made it so that folks do not have to sign in to 360 to review a course.
  • Articulate products are incredibly user friendly. This has not changed with 360. In fact, I think they added even more user-friendliness with some of the new apps.
  • We are in education and the price point will continue to be an issue for us. ISDs in other parts of campus are negotiating a contract with Adobe for Captivate licenses for under $200. While I believe that Articulate is a good buy, it is difficult to justify the cost to administration. I also am frustrated with the way pre-purchased upgrades were handled when switching to this new subscription based service. I think that the new pay structure will make this package pf products unattainable for many contractors, non-profits, small businesses, and education institutions.
  • I think some of these apps are redundant... do we really need Peek, and Studio, and Replay? I would like things to be a little more consolidated.
I think the only time other eLearning software has an edge is if you need to create pieces that contain complicated mathematics on the back end. Otherwise, 360 really has something for everyone. Storyline is incredibly powerful and user friendly. The new apps make screencasting and video creation super simple. Review and the new content library really show up Captivate. Overall it's a great set of software.
Read Allison Nederveld's full review
Kristin Savko profile photo
December 15, 2016

Articulate 360 Review: "360 is eLearning development made easy"

We use Storyline, and now Articulate 360 to create the majority of our eLearning lessons. It is used across our product development department. 360 is great because it saves us so much time on development, and is easy to implement.
  • Rapid development
  • Mobile content delivery
  • Ease of use
  • Customer support
  • I don't have a lot of cons...the pros well outweigh the cons.
  • VERY customizable, although some power users who love to code, may still prefer Captivate.
360 is great for anyone creating eLearning who wants to save time and money. It's so easy to learn to use and implement.
Read Kristin Savko's full review
Veronica Budnikas profile photo
December 15, 2016

Articulate 360 Review: "Why I will never stop using Articulate products!"

I run a small e-learning firm and I am a long term user of Articulate products, especially Articulate Storyline. With Articulate 360 we can now not only develop e-learning, but we have access to tonnes of new assets, a solid reviewing system and many more tools.
We create e-learning for our clients using the Articulate 360 suite of products. Our clients include small and large companies, not-for-profits and universities. We also provide Articulate software training for corporate clients.
  • The addition of tools like Rise, a web-based, fully responsive e-learning course creator, Review and Content Library make it a fantastic suite of products. I no longer need to purchase any other tools to do my job--it's all included in Articulate 360!
  • Storyline's new and improved HTML5 output and flexible publishing options are awesome.
  • I love that responsiveness and multi-device support was paramount in developing Articulate 360, while keeping the robustness of amazing tools like Storyline.
  • Articulate Review is such a big win! No longer are big and messy spreadsheets necessary to get your projects reviewed, Review does it all in one place, super organised and works great!
  • Articulate 360 launched just over a month ago and we have already seen two updates to all products, including great new features.... this is looking really good!
  • While I quite like the subscription model, monthly payments would be great, with a discount for those who choose to pay yearly, like 12 months for the price of 11.
For my work context, Articulate 360 is great. Everything I need in one place. Large companies with many developers will benefit from the team plans available. Suitable for all levels of experience, beginner through to expert developers!
Read Veronica Budnikas's full review
Destery Hildenbrand profile photo
December 14, 2016

Review: "Articulate 360 - Moving in the Right Direction!"

As an organization we are moving to Articulate 360 as our full eLearning development suite. We have used Articulate Storyline as our rapid prototyping instructional design tool in the past but with the additional options now being offered with the 360 suite we are moving towards using it exclusively for our eLearning development needs. Full course development, short bite-sized learning nuggets, and for just in time job-aid development, and now responsive design and real time review of projects are tools we will be working with to better serve our customers.
  • The best part of all of these tools is that they stay true to what I loved about Storyline and that's a low learning curve to get started. Anyone can sit down and with a little trial and error start using these tools right away.
  • Articulate 360 offers an all in one suite of programs and services that meet all of your elearning development needs. From rapid prototype creation with the Preso App to the content library with ready to use templates and characters for scenario creation, the 360 suite provides the tools you need to develop quality elearning for your clients and customers.
  • As a suite you can now receive updates to the software and features as they are made without buying a new version. One price for each licence gives you access to all of the 360 programs and services.
  • eLearning Heroes has been the gold standard for community outreach and support for a software. This community is populated with all users and skill levels to provide ideas and support. Now included in 360 Articulate offers Live webinars by the Articulate gurus themselves offing ideas and instruction on how to use 360 better.
  • Pricing is more straightforward but I would have liked to see a monthly alternative similar to Adobe. An a la carte option again similar to Adobe (Photoshop and Lightroom for a price) might be helpful in this case as well (for example, Storyline and Content Library for a price).
Articulate 360 really excels as an all in one elearning suite. From prototype, design, review, and release 360 offers tools to support all steps. This suite offers tools for just about every scenario sans direct web design. You will also need additional image and video editing tools. Articulate offers limited options in those regards.
Read Destery Hildenbrand's full review
Brett Rockwood profile photo
December 13, 2016

Articulate 360 Review: "Articulate Steps Up Their Game"

Storyline 2 has been in use with many training teams in my organization and we are currently evaluating the timing for updating to 360. The additional applications add great functionality as well as streamline the workflow between developers and SMEs. The fact that you have a fully responsive application with Rise really moves the product forward.
  • One of the biggest for me is Review which solves one of the biggest challenges of developing and getting feedback from sponsors/SMEs.
  • Rise is an easy to use, fully responsive design that makes for quick and elegant presentations that work and look beautiful on any kind of device.
  • We can now leave Flash completely behind. You can publish to HTML5 only now and the HTML5 engine in Storyline is greatly improved. The new responsive player for Storyline is also very slick.
  • While the subscription model allows for more frequent updates I wish there was an ala carte where you could choose which applications you want similar to how Adobe CC works.
  • At this point there aren't a lot of new flashy features in Storyline, a lot of the work is under the hood, so some may not appreciate all that has changed.
For anyone who has to develop sophisticated rapid elearning I think Articulate 360 is at the top of the list. You can use Presenter to do simple PowerPoint conversions, Rise for fully responsive designs, or Storyline for completely free-form designs.
Read Brett Rockwood's full review
Melissa Jordan profile photo
December 13, 2016

User Review: "Articulate 360"

We use the 360 Suite to build eLearning for our organization.
  • Speeds development time with ease of use, quick access to the asset library, and great community
  • Converts my courses to mobile, so I don't have to
  • Easily give access to stakeholders for review and collaboration
  • More formatting options for text and photos in Rise
We use it every day to create e-learning and/or wrap videos for viewing at our locations. It's a robust tool that allows any level of developer to feel comfortable. It grows with the developer, and has great pre-built interactions but provides the ability to build customized interaction as well.
Read Melissa Jordan's full review
Jeff Kortenbosch profile photo
December 08, 2016

User Review: "Articulate 360, one to rule them all!"

Articulate 360 is Articulate’s new subscription-based e-learning suite that contains all Articulate products in one simple, elegant package. Using 360 will speed up your workflow significantly as you’ll be able to pick any of the award winning Articulate tools we already know: Studio, Replay and Storyline, as well as the new kids of the block Rise, the brand new fully responsive authoring tool, Peek the super quick desktop screen recording app and Preso, the native iPad app that allows you to create informal training videos on the fly. Combine that with the brand new Articulate Review and 360 platform where you can upload and share your courses with your clients and collect comments in the easiest way possible. Last but not least Studio 360 and Storyline 360 connect to the amazing Content library that is full of amazing templates and characters.

One of the key elements that stands out is the amazing HTML5 output that has been rebuilt from the ground up. This means that you’ll have the best possible HTML5 output possible. With so many awesome e-learning development tools you’ll truly be a one-stop-shop for e-learning development!

• Multi-device authoring.
  • Super easy review cycle.
  • All tools you need to create awesome e-learning.
  • Super HTML5 output.
  • The subscription model is annual, would be great to see a monthly payment plan.
  • The subscription model is all or nothing. It would be great to be able to select the tools you want to use.
Articulate 360 will provide the right tool for any type of online learning materials, from rapid responsive multi-device e-learning to highly interactive bespoke e-learning. Articulate Review and Content library will speed up your workflow immensely!

I've republished various existing Articulate Studio and Storyline projects to make sure they work properly across various devices as well as created various Articulate Rise modules for our Comms and IT department training our employees during our new intranet launch.
Read Jeff Kortenbosch's full review
Jackie Van Nice profile photo
December 05, 2016

Review: "Articulate 360: The Suite of E-Learning Tools That Makes My Job a Breeze"

I'm an elearning vendor who designs and develops training for large organizations and I use Articulate 360 to create the training I deliver to my clients. It helps me create beautifully designed and functional elearning quickly, easily, and reliably.
  • The output for mobile elearning in Articulate 360's Storyline is fantastic. It's a piece of cake to create on my end as the developer, and users just see a gorgeous course that works beautifully on any device.
  • Articulate 360's Articulate Review is a HUGE help in managing review cycles during development. I'm able to gather feedback from stakeholders in a way that is incredibly simple, effective, and painless for everyone involved. Love it bunches.
  • I honestly haven't come across any downsides to Articulate 360 so far. Some people are concerned that it's currently only available via subscription pricing, but that's such a common model now that it's not even a blip on my radar.
If you're developing elearning - whether you're a newbie or a pro - Articulate 360 would be a massive asset for you. It has just about everything you need to create beautiful training modules quickly and easily - and did I mention fun?
Read Jackie Van Nice's full review
Rick Jett profile photo
December 02, 2016

Articulate 360 Review: "Great product & great company"

I have a lot of influence over the products my work group decides to purchase. We currently use Storyline 2, and I wanted to take Articulate 360 for a spin. I downloaded the free 30 day trial and used it extensively during that time. I discovered that 360 will not be beneficial for us at this time because we will not be able to use Rise or Preso. It's hard to justify paying a yearly subscription fee for a product that you cannot use fully. But, I must say that I wish I could purchase the Articulate Review app on its own. Review allows you to send a draft of your course to as many people as you want (they do not have to be Articulate users) so they can provide feedback in a collaborative approach. It's pretty cool! This would save us so much time with SME reviews because it's currently a painstaking process.
  • Rise app - New way to create an "eLearning course". It's not a traditional looking eLearning, and that's what I love about it.
  • Review app - Ability to collaborate with others in providing feedback about a course.
  • Responsiveness - Ability to publish a course and have it available for computer, tablet, and smartphone.
  • Subscription based model - must pay fees every year
  • Cloud based - not beneficial for my company
  • Rise is not compatible with IE11, and my company will not be moving away from IE11 any time soon

Even though it does not fit well with my work group, it may be a great solution for others. Articulate is definitely moving in the right direction. They are trying to give eLearning developers and instructional technologists everything they need in one location. If I were a freelancer and could afford the yearly subscription, I would purchase Articulate 360 in a heartbeat.

Right now, we are going to stick with Storyline 2 and wait for the next version of it. For others considering the purchase of 360, I highly recommend downloading the free 30-day trial just to make sure it meets all of your requirements, especially if you work for a company/organization.

Read Rick Jett's full review
Ben Hunter profile photo
November 30, 2016

User Review: "Try Articulate 360!"

I use Articulate 360 to develop learning material as continuing education for our front-line staff. Some of the other members of our training team also use Articulate products, primarily Storyline. Articulate has been a product that we integrated into our training system quickly and easily, and it has given us an amazing opportunity to expand the way we deliver training.
  • Easy to learn
  • Scales well to user's ability
  • Lots of resources available
  • The new subscription model comes with some less popular products bundled in, adopting a one-size-fits-all package.
Whether you are just starting out or have a background in eLearning, Articulate 360 is a versatile suite of products.
Read Ben Hunter's full review
Tim Slade profile photo
November 30, 2016

Review: "Articulate 360 is the future of e-learning development"

As a freelancer e-learning designer, I work with many different clients to solve their e-learning needs. I use Articulate 360, which includes Storyline 360, Studio 360, Rise, and many other programs, to create e-learning content. With Articulate 360, I can meet my client's e-learning needs from start to finish. I can create custom content with Storyline, or fully-mobile responsive content with Rise. I can then review my courses with my clients using Articulate Review. With Content Library, I can also download templates and other course assets.
  • Responsive e-learning content
  • Customer support and service
  • Ease of use
  • I'd like to see Articulate find ways to offer more frequent product updates, which I believe they will be doing.
Articulate 360 is well suited for any e-learning developer who needs to get started quickly and can benefit from a suite of programs that operate in the same ecosystem. Articulate 360 is also great for new e-learning developers will little or no e-learning development knowledge OR those who have a lot of experience with PowerPoint.
Read Tim Slade's full review
Sam Sternman profile photo
November 29, 2016

Review: "Articulate 360 - Amazing Suite of eLearning Applications"

I use Articulate 360 as a suite of eLearning applications - formerly Articulate Storyline and Articulate Studio - as of November 2016. The new integration of the product is outstanding and provides designers, like myself, with the ability to not only upload PowerPoint materials into a SCORM-compliant LMS, but to develop from-scratch eLearning titles with a similar look and feel. The integration makes branding a snap and the extensive Content library is best in class. I now use Articulate 360 for all of my instructional design projects - and I have eliminated the problems associated with Captivate for my LMS (publishing and the poor performance of third-party widgets).
  • Mobile deployment
  • Massive character content library, with diverse characters and a host of medical characters (great for my client base - healthcare)
  • Simple, clean trigger and control options - no more Action Script
  • All that's missing is a full-blown photo editor (that would make this a one-stop product)
  • eLearning design
  • eLearning consulting
  • eLearning program management
Read Sam Sternman's full review

Articulate 360 Scorecard Summary

About Articulate 360

Articulate 360 is an all-inclusive subscription offering that is designed to simplify every aspect of e-learning course development. It includes every single authoring tool Articulate makes, such as the award-winning Storyline 360, which is the latest version of Storyline, and Rise, a web-based app for creating inherently responsive courses. Articulate 360 also includes other apps, content, and services for creating a wide variety of multi-device e-learning content, sourcing course assets, collaborating with stakeholders, and building a user’s skills as an e-learning developer.

The vendor offers a free 30-day trial.

Articulate 360 Features

Has featureStoryline 360: build interactive mobile and online courses—no programming needed.
Has featureRise: create visually appealing, inherently responsive e-learning. from within a web browser.
Has featureStudio 360: rapidly transform PowerPoint slides into e-learning.
Has featureContent library: includes thousands of professionally designed templates and images.
Has featureArticulate Review: streamline the course review process with a simple web app that lets users share e-learning content with stakeholders and get consolidated, in-context feedback in one place.
Has featurePreso: create informal training videos from an iPad.
Has featurePeek: record screencasts from Mac or PC.
Has featureReplay 360: record and edit screencasts with webcam video.
Has featureLive training webinars provided exclusively to Articulate 360 subscribers.

Articulate 360 Screenshots