I love Asana!

June 24, 2022
Asana is our project management tool that we're using to keep track of our projects, tasks, and most of our strategic initiatives. It's …

Asana Review

January 31, 2022
we use it for daily weekly and monthly organization, some of the customer service agents use prebuilt forms to ask ur department for …

Awesome for project management

December 08, 2021
My use of Asana is as a user on other people's projects. It makes it easy for me, as a stakeholder, to get updates and see where other …

Disappointed with Asana

October 20, 2021
Asana is used in my department to manage projects. We use it to assign individual tasks, follow project templates, and generate team …

Task Management (154)

Team Collaboration (153)

Scheduling (140)

Document Management (129)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Asana, and make your voice heard!

Premium

per month

Business

per month

• $10 per user per monthOptional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://asana.com/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $50 per month

Project Management

Professional Services Automation

6.7

What is Asana?

Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives. The vendor states that with Asana, teams are more confident, move faster, and accomplish more with less, no matter where they are located. Asana boasts more than 75,000 paying organizations and millions of free organizations across 195 countries as users, who manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. Teams do great things when everyone has clarity and is empowered to do their part. Asana aims to give teams the confidence to plan, organize, and execute their most ambitious work from anywhere.

Asana Features

• Supported: Integration with accounting software

• Supported: Work Management
  • Supported: OKRs

Asana Screenshots

Product HomepageTeam ConversationsProject CalendarsInboxList ProjectPortfoliosTimelineWorkloadBoard Project

Asana Videos

Meet Asana, your work manager. But better.
Keep team projects running smoothly with Asana.

Asana Integrations

Asana Competitors

Asana Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web
Supported LanguagesEnglish, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Japanese, German

What is Asana?

Asana is a web and mobile project management app. With tasks, projects, conversations, and dashboards, Asana lets an entire team know who's doing what by when, enabling workload balancing. Users can also add integrations for GANTT charts, time tracking and more.

How much does Asana cost?

Asana starts at $50.

What is Asana's best feature?

Reviewers rate Task Management highest, with a score of 8.8.

Who uses Asana?

The most common users of Asana are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

(1946)

June 24, 2022

I love Asana!

Eric Serdar | TrustRadius Reviewer
In my personal opinion, I think that Asana is the easiest one to use out of Basecamp and JIRA. I know that our devs like JIRA but for our marketing team, we prefer Asana hands-down. Basecamp is clunky and awkward when trying to use. I always felt like things were falling through the cracks and different teams were missing things assigned to them.
Brian Keary | TrustRadius Reviewer
Side by side with the other two Asana by far beats monday.com and is comparable and slightly better than ClickUp. Monday is completely browser-based and is hard to navigate and figure out how to set up. Asana and ClickUp are the exact opposite. Both are easy to set up and use but Asana beats ClickUp in this aspect as their overall UI is just cleaner and everything I need is in front of me. ClickUp takes a little more setup to accomplish the same thing.
Chantelle Chase | TrustRadius Reviewer
I like how extensive the capabilities are for Asana. With other softwares it seems there are many things lacking. I feel like Asana is also a very user friendly platform and aesthetically pleasing which is important in a modern office. We have many young people entering our workspace and it is important to have software that is ahead of the times in functionality and efficiency.
Jeniriana Rodriguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
Before buying a license for this software we made sure that it had what it needed. Asana also has an unrivaled technical support team that helps with every problem that comes up, even with integration and adaptation. We were looking for software that would do the work of several softwares at the same time and Asana was the one that convinced us.
Asana compared to Jira is certainly better in terms of user experience, since most of the people can start using it basically without having any kind of training or previous explanation, which makes it really useful not only for people already used to project management but also for people new in the matter and with a need of a tool that provides all that value in the quickest and better way
Asana is amazing for a remote team, that we are currently as its accessible seamlessly to all our team member no matter where they are in the world. Its very easy to onboard new members to this platform as its very intuitive and easy for new people to get a hang of it. It has every functionality of a good solid project management tool that you can need to manage a small to medium sized team.
Lee L Kennedy | TrustRadius Reviewer
Basecamp was a great tool, but it was paid and things like recurring tasks and opening new projects was a pain. Asana, as a free tool, has been better for our organization as it serves the basic functions very well and is not complicated otherwise. I really like the kanban-board style presentation of the tasks in Asana as well, which Basecamp didn't have to my knowledge.
Asana does well at the assignment of tasks and task management, but it is not a resource planning tool. Other tools do better at resource planning and some principles of agile/scrum. It is simple and easy to use within the mobile application and on desktop, but it doesn't have any offline abilities and its integrations with Microsoft products is weak.
Asana is a good and easy to use task management tool. There are better tools that provide similar functionality but the decision depends on your needs. If you are a small business , Asana might be a good solution, if you are an enterprise, I'm not sure. Asana's free service is a good solution, If it would have a timeline it might be even better (included in the paid version).

We tried it as one my developers swore up and down how good it was at the startup... well it crashed in our office, since we didn't end up working the way they did. We are more of a dev ops company than a social media or open source
Val Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Asana has all required features that I was looking from the above product that is; project management
Team collaboration and great functionality. Asana also allows integrations with other products such as google calendar which is not applicable with GlobalMeet for instance. Asana has a reasonable pricing while offering all these features.
Trello's look and feel could be more attractive for the creatives but Asana provides a more "logical" approach which is appealing to the technical types. It feels like Trello provides more degrees of freedom of use which could make collaboration a bit less structured and could make it harder for a new team member to effectively contribute.
Kristi Porter | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's been several years ago that I used it, but I didn't like Trello. I see why people like the visual layout, but I prefer the list view of Asana. Additionally, as a writer, I like being able to bold/italics/underline/bullet the formatting within tasks. In Trello, I couldn't do that, and for whatever reason, I felt like I was always commenting in the wrong place/project for Trello. It also didn't have the repeating tasks. And it wasn't as streamlined to create tasks and add them to projects. Overall, I just really didn't care for Trello, and even if that was the only option, I probably wouldn't use it. But I love Asana and have recommended it many times to peers.
Asana is a great tool. We moved from Asana to ClickUp because we felt the user interface was better for our PMs and for our clients. The product itself worked really well, but we were spending a lot of time training our clients how to use it so that we could then work smoothly.

We searched for a new product in ClickUp and have been happy with it.
Asana is the best for task management, it’s easy to use and streamlined for team members to use with minimal intervention. It’s a lot nicer to use compared to similar products like Projectplace although there is some difference in features. It has much better features in terms of tracking and task assignment than Microsoft Teams which is the alternative, but does lack the seamless integration.
John Crumpton | TrustRadius Reviewer
I like Nifty as this has time sheets, however we preferred the clean interface of Asana. Nifty was a bit overwhelming when we tried it. Their app on Android wasn't anywhere near as mature as Asana's app.

Plutio is great and has many features, but we preferred the look of Asana.
When we were researching project management systems for our small business, Asana gave us the most for free. It really allowed us to dive into the product before we committed to it. The features allowed us to customize aspects of the system to use it for projects as well as checklists and reoccurring task lists.
  1. Asana is cross-platformed and is easy and quickly reachable via a web browser.
  2. It has permissions, filters, reports, tags, comments, etc. All these features allow tracking day-by-day activities of the team as well as weekly/ monthly milestones and reporting.
  3. It is quick, responsive, user-friendly, and has unicorns who appear randomly when you resolve the task. This really motivates and adds some cuteness to your work process :)