The Good and the Bad!

September 23, 2021
We use Ascentis HR for our "system of record", ESS, open enrollment, etc. We are just starting to learn and use Performance Management, …

New User w/ Honest Feedback

February 21, 2021
We use Ascentis for HR and Payroll. We utilize the Employee Self-Service Portal throughout the organization. This helps all forms be …

Technical System View

February 07, 2021
[Ascentis] allowed us to transition from paper processes to electronic and streamline our work. It provided a platform for employees to …

• Update personal information (151)
  • Employment history (140)
  • Pre-built reports (142)
  • Report builder (144)
    6.6

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Ascentis (discontinued), and make your voice heard!

What is Ascentis (discontinued)?

Ascentis HR uses web-based management programs to help automate complex HR processes. Ascentis’ other services included customizable payroll, time and attendance and recruiting modules. Ascentis was acquired by UKG in March of 2022, and will be discontinued.

What is Paychex Flex?

Paychex Flex, of Paychex' Online Payroll Services, is a cloud-based human resource management and payroll platform. Paychex offers core and specialized services, and scales to meet the needs of small businesses, SMBs, and large enterprises.

What is Rippling?

Rippling is a way for businesses to manage all of their HR, IT, and Finance — payroll, benefits, computers, apps, corporate cards, expenses, and more — in one unified workforce platform. By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the…

Human Resource Management

Succession Planning

6.0

Recruiting / ATS

6.3

What is Ascentis (discontinued)?

Ascentis was an a-la carte full suite workforce management (WFM) technology platform and human capital solutions. Ascentis WFM provided time and attendance solutions that provided clients with scheduling, compliance, complex calculations, and time collection options. The HCM suite, included a fully a-la carte solution.

Ascentis was acquired by UKG in March of 2022. The service will be discontinued.

Ascentis (discontinued) Screenshots

Screenshot of Access all of your details including, paychecks, personal file, timeclock, etc via our mobile app.Screenshot of Punch-in and punch-out on the go.Screenshot of Centralized location for everything related to a user or admin.Screenshot of Every employee has access to their personal information in one location.Screenshot of Pre-built reporting along with Ad Hoc reporting gives you the ability to understand your business as a whole.Screenshot of Benefit enrollment made easy for your employees.Screenshot of Manage your employees schedule, PTO, accruals through our best of breed timekeeping system.

Ascentis (discontinued) Competitors

Ascentis (discontinued) Technical Details

UKG Pro, Paylocity, and Paycom are common alternatives for Ascentis (discontinued).

Reviewers rate Direct deposit files highest, with a score of 9.2.

The most common users of Ascentis (discontinued) are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Hospital & Health Care industry.

iain Stephen | TrustRadius Reviewer
I don't think we have had a time when we needed exceptional support from Ascentis - certainly not since we moved to the hosted version which no longer required updating a local server version in our LAN room. I am sure if we need them, they will be there for us.
October 08, 2020

Happy with Ascentis

Suzanne Simmerman | TrustRadius Reviewer
During our quarterly reporting they provided me with very helpful support that insured me that I was doing things correctly. Also during payroll, I reached out and they walked me through where I was confused, making things less stressful for me! I am very satisfied with Ascentis support!
While building my database and parameters for the benefits module, Tina Byrnes' quick response and "always available" attitude won me over. I was sold on Ascentis and really didn't think anyone could top Tina. Unfortunately, Tina was only my support during the building phase.

Now that I'm working on the timekeeper module with Novatime Rep David Chang, I'm constantly blown away by his support. He always has a fix, never makes me feel as though my constant forgetfulness or system changes are a problem. He sincerely makes me feel as though I'm his only client and I know that can't be true. If I ask for something, he makes sure I get it, and if by chance my weird request isn't currently a system function, he offers a workable alternative. If the system were to crash, David's politeness and approach would make feel okay about it. In terms of support and customer service, my experience with Ascentis has been above anything I could have expected.
Each time I have to register for a new jurisdiction, the Ascentis payroll/tax team send me an email and all the links that are needed. I have had great work with them and enjoy working with them. Also, we acquired 2 companies and the implementation team that assisted us to get the prior taxables in the system were great. The best results I have had was that Ascentis and Cerdiain filed our Amendments within a few weeks rather than the 18 months it took my prior payroll company.
Gail Bettcher | TrustRadius Reviewer
Almost always provides exceptional support. The weakest link has been within Recruiting, but I don't think it is necessarily the Support team's issue as much as the limitations of the system. I do feel like it takes longer to get answers for that module.
Yes, we had a power outage and were not able to access our work computers for uploading hours to payroll. Ascentis support was very helpful in making sure we had all the information, Excel reports, and support that we needed.
I have only needed Ascentis support a few times but I can think of one specific time where I was reaching out to get a form added to our onboarding process, they were very responsive and friendly and explained everything to where I could understand it and answered all of my questions within a timely manner. it was a very pleasant experience.
When implementing Ascentis HR, I received great support with linking HR to Payroll (which we already had established). The girls I worked with were very sweet, answered all questions, communicated through e-mail to make sure everything was taken care of. That part of the transition was very smooth.
Frank Rizzi | TrustRadius Reviewer
As we were going through our open enrollment for the first time, we had to build out each of the benefit plans within Ascentis. We received the structure of our benefit plans very late, so we were running up to the last few days before the beginning of open enrollment to build these out. We were having issues with two of our benefit builds and couldn't get the premium amounts to match what we were expecting. We sent off an email at 8 pm two nights before open enrollment. We received a response and resolution by 9 am the next morning, so we were able to complete the open enrollment build and start it on time. I was absolutely amazed at the turn around time during what I would consider a peak time for support.