Ascentis Reviews

Sherry DesRosier profile photo
August 09, 2019

Ascentis Review

Support

I commented on support previously but have found that the reliability of the support is very hit or miss. We have not had support as competent, communicative, or as reliable since our set up.
Read Sherry DesRosier's full review
Gail Bettcher profile photo

Support

Available via email or phone -- usually always able to get connected to a specialist if the need is there. Always friendly and willing to listen to understand the problems.

I wish there was a way to link to Ascentis Communities right through ESS -- one login like the rest of the web-based functions are moving to. I find it a bit cumbersome to have to go to a different place to log in, etc. I also wish there was a listing of recommendations clients have made for development consideration that we could access and vote for...aybe that does exist but I haven't seen it. Sometimes you don't know what would make things easier, but once you see another client's request, you could apply more value to a suggestion.
Read Gail Bettcher's full review
Drew Bishop profile photo

Support

It takes too long for them to get back on questions. 1 example - I placed a call to Customer service about a possible Phishing attempt through Therap. It's a week later and I still have not heard back, even though in the phone message, I was specific in why I was calling. Given that we use Ascentis 24/7, I would expect a more robust support service.
Read Drew Bishop's full review
Frank Rizzi profile photo

Support

As I've mentioned several times in this review, Ascentis has the best support I've experienced when it comes to payroll systems. They are very responsive and can typically get you answers in just a few hours at most. You don't have to call and wait on hold for 45 minutes before talking with someone that doesn't know anything about your company. You don't get transferred around and have to re-explain your issue to every new person you speak with. I can't say enough good things about Ascentis' support team.
Read Frank Rizzi's full review
Charlotte Sprinkle profile photo
May 07, 2019

Helpful Staff

Support

When the need arises to speak to Ascentis personnel, the staff are professional & courteous. Most calls are corrected while on the phone. If it is something they need to research, the issue is typically handled within 4 hours.
Read Charlotte Sprinkle's full review
Olivia Ruiz profile photo
March 18, 2019

Ascentis HR Review

Support

I find it a little more difficult to get a hold of someone at Ascentis HR for support without a contact, but it seems that the business is busy these days. The email notifications are extremely helpful, but i'm not sure why these are not posted on the community website. I find that I use the community website a lot, but some information is not on the site.
Read Olivia Ruiz's full review

Support

They are responsive and timely in support. As they integrate the support channels more, the support will improve. Right now I have to call different teams for HR or Payroll; as a user I see the whole thing as Ascentis - one product - but it doesn't seem like they do quite yet. The data flows back and forth between the two, so having to segment my questions on an 'invisible line' I can't alway see is hard to do.

Support

I usually get decent help when I call. Our representatives have bounced all over the place, so I honestly don't even know who our rep is at this point. I needed some help this past year on some ACA questions and the first person told me they would research and get back to me. It took her a week and all she said was it looked fine. I spoke to a different person and she was more helpful and got me an answer in a day. I've had ongoing problems in Timekeeper. My initial trainer was awesome. He could answer everything, design anything. Then, when the implementation period was over, I was cut off from him with no notice. I now have to call the helpline and everyone I've talked to is much less knowledgeable than him. I've gotten responses like, "I don't think that can be done," and it's something the original trainer had already programmed. Frustrating.
March 26, 2019

Ascentis Review

Support

I've only called them twice (for the same issue) and received mediocre help, although it was an odd issue. I ended up reimaging the laptop and Ascentis worked again. We were never able to figure out the root cause.
March 27, 2019

Not impressed

Support

Their support is inconsistent in product knowledge and assistance.

Support

I had an issue getting admin assistance and was bounced around to 5 different people, hold times were long. It was a very unpleasant experience getting set up as an admin....frustrating.
March 15, 2019

Payroll Genius

Support

Most times when I call I do not get a "live" person. I usually have to leave a message for a call back.
Jennifer Steffens profile photo

Support

Ascentis HR, for the most part, has a wonderful customer service and support team. When you are in the implementation stage and working with your dedicated specialist, you have superb responsiveness, feedback, expectations, and reliability. Goals are clear right from the start and a plan of action to help you get your system up and going is very straightforward. After you transition from your implementation team to the regular customer service team, the quality of care does not go down much. You still have a dedicated rep; however, it is not the same one you had before. Responsiveness is not as timely, but you can call the main customer service line if it is an emergency and need to talk to someone right away. I have found most everyone to be very courteous and respectful. If they are not able to help, they have found someone who can and who would get back to me.
Read Jennifer Steffens's full review
Dawn Haag-Hatterer, JD profile photo

Support

During a transition, we had an issue where there was no one in the company who had the SQL database password, which was needed in order to pull over historical data. Ascentis technology team worked tirelessly and were able to get into the database and make a smooth transition of the data.
Read Dawn Haag-Hatterer, JD's full review

Employee demographic data (96)
Employment history (100)
Job profiles and administration (89)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (91)
6.7
Organizational charting (62)
5.9
Organization and location management (79)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (76)
Pay calculation (79)
Support for external payroll vendors (43)
Benefit plan administration (74)
Direct deposit files (71)
Salary revision and increment management (66)
Reimbursement management (33)
Approval workflow (64)
Balance details (65)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (59)
View and generate pay and benefit information (97)
Update personal information (107)
View company policy documentation (81)
Employee recognition (44)
View job history (74)
Tracking of all physical assets (22)
5.9
Report builder (102)
Pre-built reports (100)
6.5
Ability to combine HR data with external data (52)
5.7
New hire portal (68)
Manager tracking tools (51)
Corporate goal setting (33)
6.4
Individual goal setting (37)
Line-of sight-visibility (29)
Performance tracking (38)
6.3
Performance plans (40)
6.1
Performance improvement plans (34)
6.2
Review status tracking (41)
Review reminders (40)
6.1
Multiple review frequency (37)
5.1
Create succession plans/pools (15)
Candidate ranking (15)
5.4
Candidate search (18)
6.3
Candidate development (17)
5.1
Job Requisition Management (55)
Company Website Posting (51)
Publish to Social Media (41)
6.7
Job Search Site Posting (44)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (38)
5.8
Applicant Tracking (53)
Notifications and Alerts (45)
6.6

About Ascentis

Ascentis invites the user to start anywhere and add anytime, what they describe as their industry-leading a-la carte full suite human capital management (HCM) technology platform and workforce management solutions, that are supported by the company's ongoing commitment to delivering what they boast is an unsurpassed client experience. Ascentis’ technology modules work independently or together to meet the needs of each client, wherever they are in the HCM journey.

Ascentis Competitors