Asigra Reviews

Do you work for this company?

Christian Buhn profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

All of our satisfied partners and we as a service provider ourselves just have renewed our Asigra licenses. After over 10 years using Asigra software we know: It is worth [it]. We are already looking forward to the next software release including new business valuable features to be published soon.
Read Christian Buhn's full review
John Whitford profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

We have tried and used many products. Asigra met all of our objectives and was the best fit for our ideal clients. Asigra works well with SMB and enterprise environments. All components have redundancy options so you can build a true "no single point of failure" system.
Read John Whitford's full review
Matthew Brady profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

• Asigra is a great entry way into the cloud.
  • Compliance is a tricky thing. Jumping backup software means having to deal with previous copies somehow. Asigra is built for the long haul.
  • Asigra is continuing to increase their feature stack. They have made huge steps in the VM backup in the last 3 years and continue to implement features there.
  • As far as cloud backup software goes, there are many that can do it, but none that do it as well as Asigra.
Read Matthew Brady's full review
Greg Drumsta profile photo
November 25, 2014

My Asigra synopsis...

Likelihood to Renew

Whether we renew Asigra or not is my decision. Regardless of not being my decision, all of our clients are setup and functioning w/out issue. If we were to change, it would cause tons of work, clients would be questioning our decisions and and overall headache. We are not changing.
Read Greg Drumsta's full review

Likelihood to Renew

From a business prospective, I am a service provider so I would always renew.

From a technical prospective, there has been enough written about it in earlier questions and this could go endless.

Overall, Asigra is a good organization to work with. They are concerned about what the partner and the customer needs and are always a phone call away to help in any situation. Therefore, apart from technology, you work with people always available to support their claims.

Likelihood to Renew

I do not like the idea of constantly having to buy support credits. This makes me worried about emergency issues and needing support credits to resolve issues. The full system restore process I was told by Senior Engineers was not exciting. I was told that I needed to get the machine to same patch level first. This can be very time consuming.

Likelihood to Renew

It's in place already and many clients rely on it. The product has largely worked well and the sustained costs are substantially less than the initial up front investment.

About Asigra

Trusted since 1986, Asigra provides organizations around the world the ability to recover their data now from anywhere through a global network of partners who deliver cloud backup and recovery services as public, private and/or hybrid deployments. As the industry’s first enterprise-class agentless cloud-based recovery software to provide data backup and recovery of servers, virtual machines, endpoint devices, databases and applications, SaaS and IaaS based applications, Asigra lowers the total cost of ownership, reduces recovery time objectives, eliminates silos of backup data by providing a single consolidated repository, and provides 100% recovery assurance. Asigra’s revolutionary patent-pending Recovery License Model provides organizations with a cost effective data recovery business model unlike any other offered in the storage market.

Asigra Technical Details