We are currently using Asigra as our main solution to provide system backups and restores. This server side application is extremely …
I did work with a Asigra Partner. Asigra Solution was implemented in our organisation and our customers as well
It is used across the entire organization and it is what we offer to customers when it comes to online backup.
Management of the company is poor at best. They do not care about the clients unless they are huge. We have been bounced between accounts …
I've been implementing Asigra for over 6 years as Public, Private and Hybrid Clouds. Its key features for me are: Agentless Architecture, …
Asigra is used across our whole organization. We have Asigra installed in 5 Data Centers, some DC's are used as Replication to Primary …
Originally as a Commercial Property Solutions company Fasset Ltd took the decision following 9 months of research and due diligence to …
Asigra Software enables matrix technology AG to offer "Cloud-Backup made in Germany" - an easy to use, reliable and scalable backup and …
We are looking how to address the SMB space and helping customers who's growth necessitates a move from just backup to a comprehensive …
We chose Asigra to provide cloud backup service to our Managed Services clients. Structured also uses it as our primary backup solution. …
I implemented Asigra in a previous organisation and I am currently a reseller and service provider for Asigra. It has been used both …
FCS is a reseller of Asigra and use it to supply cloud based backup and disaster recovery as service solutions to our customers. I …
We've been Asigra partners for around 10 years. We provide and support Asigra backup software to our clients because we believe it's the …
Daymark Solutions is both an Asigra provider and an Asigra consumer. We offer public, hybrid, and private cloud implementations of the …
Asigra was used to provide secure backup and recovery of file and MSSQL based data.
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
1 person want pricing too
Trusted since 1986, Asigra provides organizations around the world the ability to recover their data now from anywhere through a global network of partners who deliver cloud backup and recovery services as public, private and/or hybrid deployments. As the industry’s first enterprise-class agentless cloud-based recovery software to provide data backup and recovery of servers, virtual machines, endpoint devices, databases and applications, SaaS and IaaS based applications, Asigra lowers the total cost of ownership, reduces recovery time objectives, eliminates silos of backup data by providing a single consolidated repository, and provides 100% recovery assurance. Asigra’s revolutionary patent-pending Recovery License Model provides organizations with a cost effective data recovery business model unlike any other offered in the storage market.
Frequently Asked Questions
Asigra is an enterprise-level, agentless, cloud-based recovery software to provide data backup and recovery of servers, virtual machines, endpoint devices, database, and SaaS/IaaS-based applications. Asigra charges customers by the amount of data they recover rather than the amount they back up.
Druva Data Resiliency Cloud (fomerly Druva inSync, Phoenix & CloudRanger), Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery, and Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service) are common alternatives for Asigra.
Reviewers rate Availability highest, with a score of 8.8.
The most common users of Asigra are from Small Businesses and the Information Technology & Services industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- Cloud backup - fast and reliable data backups
- Data recovery platform - easy to operate when data needs to be restored.
- Operability - the system is easy to use and effective even over slow or higher latency connections.
- The interface is outdated and could be more intuitive. Work is needed to make it easier to set up when loading and setting up operations.
- Event logs need some work. The errors in the log sometimes are not very descriptive. This can cause delays when trying to determine what the actual failure is.
- Earlier versions did not have the ability to take snapshots but this was resolved on newer versions.
- Agentless Architecture: Minimal End-Point resource utilization
- De-Duplication and Compression
- Backup on cloud
- Reporting should be more interactive
- It allows for great diversity when it comes to what you wish to back up, proven when you configure a backup-job.
- The DS-Operator allows for easy management of multiple clients which really suits our business needs.
- Once properly configured you hardly run into issues with linking because of the software itself.
- The user interface could use a facelift.
- Templating of backup sets and client settings
- Mass deployment
- All around features and ability to quick add new features
- User interfaces
- Asigra's agentless architecture means it's much less labour intensive than agent-based alternatives.
- Encrypted at Source gives the customer and service provider the confidence that their data is secure.
- Continuous Development of the Asigra product suite by Asigra's dedicated engineers in Toronto means Asigra continues to protect data in the latest IT environments. Be that in the Office, Mobile Device, Cloud or Data Centre.
- File Level restore from Windows Hyper-V VHDX backups. This functionality is possible in VMware VMDK backups.
- DS-System GUI is outdated and needs bringing up to the same level as the new DS-User GUI.
- The reporting could be slicker of the DS-System to DS-System Asigra Replication which provides a second Geographically separate copy of the data.
- Asigra's Agentless Backup and Recovery solution protects many various platforms and services... servers, virtual machines, endpoint devices, DB's/Apps, Salesforce.com data, etc... no more multiple point solutions to manage. Agentless means less complication, less installation, configuration and management of individual servers. Asigra provides us with a Secure, Reliable, Scalable and easy to administer and manage solution.
- We get Recovery and Restoration assurance with Asigra. features such as Autonomic Healing and Validation Restore ensures our data recovered is consistent and accurate, and we can recover our data successfully, every time.
- Secure and Compliant solution. As a public company, we appreciate the Security and Encryption methods from Asigra. The solution encrypts information at the source using a FIPS 140-2 certified algorithm, ensuring our data is secure both, in-flight and at rest... great for SOX and HIPAA requirements.
- Automation and efficiency... We can schedule and automate the backup process, thus reducing the need for manual intervention and freeing up time of our IT staff for other projects and activities. The Asigra process is very efficient
- We can manage the solution and all its components from a single pane of glass and, with the hardward/software agnostic behavior of the solution, we can mix and match the way we protect, regardless of operating systems, virtual platforms, applications, storage arrays or cloud deployment models
- We would like to see Asigra come out with a Replication Model for quick Recovery of systems upon Disaster. We can have quicker recovery, DR, with Virtual Machines but we would like to have Physical Machine recovery in less than 2 hours. Replication can accomplish this...
- We would like to see Geolocation and remote wipe for endpoint devices
- We would like to see the solution provide easy "roll back" after a disaster.
- One solution / window to control all of your backup & recovery requirements.
- Fantastic de-dupe / compression to ensure best value. Our average has been circa 30% of its original size.
- A pricing model that makes common sense. You pay for the amount you backup and you pay a recovery sum based on historical usage.
- The security encryption levels mean that we can support businesses of all types and in still confidence in them.
- Before Version 13 the GUI was seen as a barrier to its success. Since Feb 15 this has been improved.
- Endpoint Devices - This is there but has not all the functionality seen in many bespoke products for mobile / tablets etc. From my understanding Asigra have 3 more version updates in the coming 12 months that will improve on this. For me it was a small price to pay for a product that does everything else so well.
- Agentless design simplifies Backup for a wide range of traditional and cloud platforms including Windows, Novell, Linux, Unix, MacOS, iOS, Android, Office 365, Google Apps and Salesforce and more
- Backup distributed business data based on a highly secure and effective method to Cloud Datacenter Vaults and store it safe and encrypted as long as needed based on flexible scheduling and retention policies
- Provide reliable successful restores 7 x 24 with short RTOs
- Easy repeatable DR drills ensure desaster recovery when really needed
- The Service based architecture of Asigra Cloud Backup Software enables a broad range of Private, Hybrid an Public solution and service offerings for flexible customer best fit Service Provider Agreements
- Easy Client based secure VMWare replication simplifies DR Scenarios for VM based mid range customer environements dramatically and significantly shortens RTO
- Backup and Recovery is still a complex Topic. So the challenge remains to simplify User Interfaces for easiest possible access to the most common (daily) tasks in Backup and Recovery
- VMWare cloud director integration and even deeper integration with storage vendor APIs would increase the technical opportunities for more complex datacenter scenarios.
- Pricing Model - Pay for what you recover. Need I say more...
- Agentless - Non invasive, secure and efficient way to gather this data
- Cloud / SaaS - Allows customers to protect their data from application in the cloud, ie Google apps, Office 365, Salesforce, AWS or Azure.
- 30 years of constant development and innovation while still having the agility of a statup.
- Has some of the strongest dedupe and compression alogrithms in the industry
- Powerful tool set
- Intuitive GUI - Cosmetic
- Phone App based dashboard / management console - Nice to have
- Lite version for SOHO / small smb customers
- Offsite backups with compression and deduplication for maximum size savings
- Onsite backups for lower value data
- Offsite archive of old backup data to lower tiered storage and cost
- Centralized management web interface for simple operation oversight
- Offsite, On-premise, or hybrid deployment
- Replication feature for back end site redundancy
- Very secure product, loses minor flexibility
- It is agentless which makes the cost and administration overhead low.
- It offers a recovery licensing model which rewards efficient IT practices in subsequent years.
- It provides robust backup for cloud services such as Salesforce and office 365.
- It can be delivered on a private infrastructure, in a multi tenant cloud environment or as a hybrid solution
- It has FIPS 140 accreditation which demonstrates the security of the solution
- Support for Blackberry devices
- Fully Agentless Architecture - One DS Client has the ability to protect all of your environment without the need to install agents on each machine saving time and money.
- Incremental Forever - No need to run weekly or monthly masters generations.
- Military Grade Security
- Mass Deployment functionality
- Continuous Data Protection
- VM Replication
- All data fully compressed and encrypted for WAN optimisation
- The Asigra GUI's have been described as quite antiquated. The most used interface (DS User) has been recently updated, it will be nice when the rest of the interfaces get a fresh look.
- DS Noc is a nice single pane of glass view for the backup status of the estate but there still could be some improvements in the reporting.
- DS Billing is not a product that I have ever really used due to not needing the complexity for billing customers and using more traditional accounting software.
- Asigra's agentless architecture saves you time - matching agent revisions with operating system levels, researching compatibility issues, and other labour intensive tasks are non-existent when using the Asigra solution
- Agentless architecture is easier to support - it's inherently easier to support and the risk of problems is reduced as compared to other solutions because of its agentless design
- It's much less resource-intensive - Asigra makes no power demands of the servers it is backing up
- The user-interface is fairly dated and could probably do with a refresh to reflect the quality of the software
- Asigra provides well integrated use of the Microsoft APIs to backup Microsoft applications they way Microsoft wants them backed up.
- Asigra provides lightweight laptop clients with user friendly GUI's, mass deployment options, and small resource consumption.
- Asigra integrates naturally with NetApp storage arrays, taking advantage of the NetApp APIs to provide snapshot-base backups form the NetApp storage.
- Asigra operates within the realm of the APIs provided by the application vendors. If there are limitations in the Microsoft or VMWare API, there will be a limitation to how Asigra protects that data.
- Asigra is currently working on an overhaul on the GUI experience. This overhaul is much needed. They are promising this new GUI hopefully in the next release.
- Agent-less backup works well. It's great not having to install agents on every machine.
- Great compression options.
- Great local storage options allowing you to keep backup generation locally for quick recovery.
- Great documentation. You will get pertinent precise documentation.
- Retention is totally up to you and can vary by backup set.
- Only block level changes are saved from previous backup.
- Backup ups can be validated.
- Backup up to NAS. Many Linux based NAS's are not supported.
- The GUI is cumbersome, especially the "Consumer" GUI. Features that you are looking for are hidden and hard to find.
- Pricing can vary widely.
- For substantial numbers of client backups a dedicated machine with lots of storage is recommended.
- In general if you are not a sizable company they are not interested in you. Asigra licenses to the product to its distributors for a substantial fee, smaller customers are not going to allow them to recuperate that fee unless they have a really large customer base.
- Asigra does a number of things well. First, it's a cross-platform data backup and recovery solution. This means you can use the same software to backup Microsoft, Linux, OS X and VMs. The same software can be used for servers, desktops and mobile devices which helps to smooth the delivery process as their are less moving parts.
- Key strengths include it's Agentless backup and recovery platform. As most people know when using traditional backup software an agent needs to be installed on each device you want to backup up - not so with Asigra. Software agents that consumes local CPU cycles to do data de-duplication, compression and encryption are not required to backup devices using Asigra. This saves a lot of time and effort and also makes POCs (proof-of-concepts) during the sales cycle much easier.
- Recent support for cloud services like Office365, Google, Salesforce and others provides a lot of service flexibility.
- One of the areas that we feel Asigra needs to address is software localization. Asigra's backup and recovery software is very granular and takes time to understand but with only three languages supported (English, Chinese and German) it makes it more difficult to implement and support.
- Error reporting (logs) can be difficult to understand. Obviously if a backup set doesn't complete or an error occurs during a process its best to be able to trouble-shoot quickly and efficiently. This is an area that we'd like to see Asigra improve upon.
- Asigra backs up all different servers and applications
- Asigra helps us back up data from cloud applications such as SalesForce, Google Apps and Microsoft 365
- Asigra helps us assure our customers that we can recover their data because it has very good reporting system
- Asigra needs to improve their UX. I know that there is a lot of work on this.
- True end to End Offering, There are very few operating systems or applications that Asigra doesn't support.
- Deduplication & Compression: Asigra's deduplication and compression settings allows us to reduce our clients expendature on cloud backup
- Channel Only: Asigra is only available via the channel and each partner is allocated a 'Partner Success Manager' Who ensures your partnership is successful .
- GUI can be sometimes not as straightforward to new users.
- Excellent data compression ratios
- Affordable solution for mid to large size companies
- Easy to use point and click restores / backups
- Technical support is excellent but the process to open a ticket is clumsy and cumbersome.
- The product is expensive for small data sets
- It can backup any type and size of data very well.
- Inbuilt features like de-duplication & compression which reduce the amount of storage required to store the backed up data.
- Personally, I think the reporting should be more interactive.
- A cloud backup system that is agent-less. You just simply need to install an interface (DS-User) to interact w/your backup jobs.
- Block level backup. You only backup files changes as opposed to sending the whole file, saving bandwidth.
- Ease of use. I find the interface is relatively simple to use and get used to. If you have never used backup software, I feel the program caters to all user levels.
- The event log errors that are returned by some failure a job has. Some are cryptic.
- When restoring file types, I'd like to see the ability to restore multiple extensions, as opposed to 1.
- I would like to see more community involvement. There are not many online resources for support other than Asigra's helpdesk and a random unofficial forum.
- Stable software
- Great following up
- Keeping up with the technology
- Better GUI
- More functionality on the DS-System
- Replace local license server with a cloud license server from Asigra
- Provides capability of local backups while maintaining remote copies on cloud to ensure faster recoveries of recent data and remote protection of all data.
- Helps reduce cost of long term retention by leveraging the BLM functionality.
- It does not need specialized hardware for it to work. Customers and Service Providers can choose their own infrastructure and do not need to rely on any OS or storage based replication even for deploying replication of backups.
- Supports wide range of environments including virtual environments with remarkable features like remote VDR with incremental restores.
- Image level VM backups need to quickly help doing file level restores.
- Need support for larger environments like Sybase etc. as these databases are catching the market along with SAP.
- Better deduplication on Oracle databases.
- The file level backup restore process in version 11 was flawless. I was able to restore files to customers at any time from my desk.
- Support staff very knowledgeable. Good to have engineers available to assist.
- Level 1 training very useful. Staff at their office were very nice. Felt like I was apart of their family while there.
- Version 11 did not have the ability to take snapshots they said it would be available in version 12.
- Trying to restore email from full exchange store backup was very difficult. We were not successful in find email.
- Have to purchase support credits. I ran out of these quickly and would rather have paid for a full year of support. I did not like it when I was out of credits and had to get more before I could get assistance.
- Lightweight setup for clients.
- Agentless for most servers.
- Robust, can backup almost anything.
- De-duplication across multiple servers and tenants.
- Interface is very basic and can be convoluted. It is not pretty.
- Errorcodes are usually complicated and often need high level resources to figure out.
- Support system with manufacture is ticket based. Vendors are incentivized not to create tickets.