AskNicely Reviews

Nick Lampp | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 16, 2018

A great product!

Pros and Cons

• The workflows and level of automation to make managing an ongoing NPS programme easy are fantastic.
  • The AskNicely TV Dashboard is great for getting everyone in the office interested in customer feedback - it essentially brings the customer into the room for some people who don't have a lot of direct contact with customers.
  • The system is very easy to use and intuitive.
  • There are a couple of different places where various settings can be found which can make it difficult to find something but this is a minor issue.
Read Nick Lampp's full review
Craig Kelly | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 09, 2018

AskNicely Works for Us.

Pros and Cons

• We believe that AskNicely gives our customers the opportunity to relay their feeling back to us, either positive or negative.
  • AskNicely is a great way to communicate with your customer base and get the general feel of the strength of our relationships.
  • We have total control of the process so, for example, we use the recommended 90 day period touch point as you don't want to hassle your customers.
  • AskNicley has room for improvement with the different integrations - but I believe that it's work in progress.
  • We use HubSpot so I'd like to see AskNicley work within HubSpot rather than using the external database.
  • I think most business would benefit from using AskNicley, however, a package priced for smaller companies doesn't seem to be an offer.
Read Craig Kelly's full review
Gavin Bratty | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 02, 2018

Great setup, with fantastic support

Pros and Cons

• Simple to use, giving us the ability to tailor the questions around our company's focusing points.
  • Once it's all set up, it's all automatic, sending out feedback forms to 10 different customers on a daily basis.
  • If we receive either great or not so good feedback, a personalized email is sent out to our clients, which saves us so much time and allows us to properly take a look at issues at hand.
  • Seeing as I am fairly new to the product I haven't found many ,if any weaknesses. The product works as we had hoped and delivered more.
Read Gavin Bratty's full review
Jacob Pitcher | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 18, 2018

AskNicely - simplifying NPS surveys!

Pros and Cons

• AskNicely is a point solution for NPS. If you have a problem collecting customer sentiment and feedback, they do that exclusively and they do it well!
  • The team at AskNicely is great. Every time you have a question/concern, they're eager to help and quick to respond. I always feel like they have our team's best interests at heart.
  • Hard to complain about the service, but the only thing I'd like to be able to do *better* is collect and digest NPS on an account level vs. user level!
Read Jacob Pitcher's full review
Zuzanna Ostojska | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 06, 2018

Great tool!

Pros and Cons

• It's super intuitive and easy to use tool
  • Great customer support, you get comprehensive and helpful replies
  • Great integrations with other tools
  • I wish we could use Salesforce integration on our current plan
Read Zuzanna Ostojska's full review
Colin Daly | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 06, 2018

A Real Review of Someone new to ask nicely

Pros and Cons

• I like that it breaks down the score month.
  • I like that it is integrated with Salesforce which is the main CRM we use and can easily look at accounts that are at risk.
  • I like that we can message negative reviews directly to better understand the reason behind the low score.
  • The way accounts are segmented can be confusing - MM accounts are split into two areas.
  • Would like to include more stakeholders for each survey - our accounts have more than one rep.
Read Colin Daly's full review
June 04, 2018

Using Ask Nicely for Customer Service and More

Pros and Cons

• The score is just for internal use so we do not have to worry about negative feedback, but can just welcome it to learn from our mistakes.
  • The work flow is very easy to use to create follow up emails and dig deeper into our customers feedback.
  • You can separate the NPS scores from each segment. E.g Buyer, seller etc. This allows to monitor specific segments as well as over all user score.
  • The dash took a while for me to figure out how to use, maybe a quick tutorial would be nice. After a while, I got the hang of it so I think I simply had not used a similar format before.
  • I have to use other apps integrated, such as Zapier. If I did not use this, it would be a very long manual process to record all the detractor scores in the spread sheet.
  • It is very expensive to get the ideal trigger that I would need for my company, the survey trigger we use now is often premature and customers haven't received their order before answering the survey.
Nikhil George | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 28, 2018

The best way to learn what your customers think!

Pros and Cons

• Nice clean user interface - simple and clear survey for users that allows us to get responses quickly.
  • Ability to respond to feedback direct from AskNicely. This gives us visibility that feedback has been responded to.
  • Slack integration means feedback can be instantly shared with the company.
  • Mobile app.
  • Can't customise the NPS scoring. AskNicely uses the traditional NPS scoring. If you wanted to change the scoring, it currently isn't possible.
Read Nikhil George's full review
Jim Ford | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 13, 2018

AskNicely is a great CX tool for SMB’s

• Easily and accurately measure NPS
  • Amazingly easy to “close the loop” with customers who respond to the NPS question
  • Share results with entire organization
  • Capture customer verbatim for use in marketing material and employee training programs
  • Integrations could always be another but they do a nice job getting Asknicely and CRM’s talking nicely to one another
  • I’d like to see more resources on how to take small businesses to the next level of CX execution using NPS and AskNicely
  • More, not fewer plan options
Read Jim Ford's full review
Joel DeWitt | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 22, 2018

A Robust NPS Provider

Pros and Cons

• NPS Surveys - Easy to access and use and branded for our company.
  • Analytics - AskNicely provides simple and robust analytics for identifying trends in data.
  • Workflows - AskNicely uniquely provides automated workflows in response to NPS results. This means teams like customer success and marketing can spend less time reacting and researching and more time working to create programs that drive more business and improve our customer experience.
  • The filters in the analytics can be limiting. They work only on pre-defined variables.
  • The ability to manage contacts feels a little difficult at times, again, nothing outrageous, just that the limitations on how you load and manage contacts seems arbitrary.
  • The fact that you have to pay the premium monthly price to get some of the integrations is a disservice to AskNicely. They have an overall higher price point than some of their competitors, tie that with the required higher pricing to get some of the integrations you may need and it can be a blocker to choosing AskNicely. At the end of the day we still found it to be worth it, but it's something to consider when evaluating your needs for an NPS provider.
Read Joel DeWitt's full review
Art Taylor | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 15, 2018

Simple to Set Up, Easy to Use, Critical to Success

Pros and Cons

• AskNicely is very easy to set up and configure. Uploading the contacts was a breeze, and the import went smoothly.
  • Results are clearly and logically displayed for rapid engagement.
  • We reached more users in just one day than we did in one week previously with three people calling daily. And this was just with the trial version, which limited us to only 50 surveys a day!
  • Their customer service was stellar. I never had to wait long for a response from our representative (Nick). He was quick with solid answers as well.
  • The graphical interface is very streamlined and user-friendly. It made an impact with our management team for sure.
  • I did have some trouble loading the CSV list of contacts and porting over certain fields. It was not as configurable as I was led to expect. For instance, I did not see default fields for site, state, zip code, etc.
  • I would like to see more customization with the design of the outreach, specifically in branding, background images, and layout/spacing.
  • I would also be interested to see more customization/options for automating the emails, specifically by time zone or grouping them throughout the day (instead of all queued up at the same time).
Read Art Taylor's full review
Drew Hildebrandt | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 28, 2018

Ask Nicely works for us

Pros and Cons

• The obvious one is providing an instant assessment of how many advocates we have as opposed to detractors. This is used as a performance measure for sites and sometimes as a KPI for our clients
  • It is a wonderful engagement tool providing customers with the opportunity to provide us with feedback that we will see instantly and be able to respond to. Our ability to hold people to account by being able to see the response is excellent
  • The theme buckets are a tremendous way of identifying the key areas of your service and to hone in on the hot spots that require focus
  • The layout of the dashboard. There is actually too much information if I’m honest, which can confuse. And I’d love to see the theme buckets at the top. However, this formatting may be possible, not sure we’ve asked.
Read Drew Hildebrandt's full review
Brad Winters | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 15, 2018

GREAT way to stay in contact with customers and increase online presence

• Generating Online Reviews
  • Automate Customer Contact Points
  • Generate Honest Customer Feedback
  • If there was a way to directly link a Google Review to a 9 or 10 response that would be excellent
  • An integration with our Agency Management system that automatically loaded new email addresses for survey disbursement would be awesome also
Read Brad Winters's full review
Sean Lockwood | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 15, 2018

We love AskNicely

Pros and Cons

• The interface is simple and intuitive.
  • AskNicely is always pushing through little improvements like auto-reply by score or the new TV app.
  • Simple to set up and get started.
  • When we signed up, AskNicely said they were working on an API to MS Dynamics CRM. We have been on board for 18 months, but there is no API as of yet.
  • I would like the ability to correct segments when loaded, as sometimes we have listed accounts incorrectly and had to ask Asknicely to fix it.
  • Bill from an American Bank. I have to pay an international bank charge each month as the invoice is coming from NZ.
Read Sean Lockwood's full review
Isobel Phillips | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 24, 2018

Used as a Customer Experience Tool

Pros and Cons

• Help get a broad understanding of what our customers are enjoying/not enjoying
  • Gives us the opportunity to talk (and hopefully solve) any problems our customers are having
  • Allow us to gain constructive feedback to help us develop and grow
  • Can be quite a difficult site to navigate at first, but once you have used it for a while it is easy to use.
Read Isobel Phillips's full review
Angad Nayyar | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 12, 2018

AskNicely for a Retailer

Pros and Cons

• Easy to integrate with existing platforms (Zendesk, Magento, Zapier)
  • Easy to use for consumers
  • Easy to train users to use the admin portal
  • Actionable weekly summary emails on the NPS score
  • An API call to submit user NPS scores through our own surveys - though this is likely a design decision
  • Trend analysis across feedback through NLP. We're currently using Google's NLP Cloud to do this.
Read Angad Nayyar's full review
Diana Zabalovici | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 23, 2018

A Nice Time with AskNicely

Pros and Cons

• The entire website is intuitive and easy to use. I could figure it out in a short time
  • Customer service is very prompt and responsive. Whenever I had a question, the explanations I got were really clear and detailed. I was matched with one rep, Andrew, and he's been great. I feel like I can just quickly email him and he'll take care of whatever
  • The fact that you can customize the AskNicely reports is useful. You can start to monitor certain key words, and slice and dice the data in endless ways. If you like data and numbers, you'll have fun
  • I'd like to be able to set the exact time when the net promoter score quiz email is sent across different regions of the US. Right now that's not an option, and due to time differences, different people get the email at different times
  • I'd like to see a funnel for the nps email delivery: right now I have no access to that data (of the total emails sent, how many were opened, how many were opened but the quiz wasn't filled out, how many respondents didn't comment, etc.)
  • More articles and resources on the Help page would be nice
Read Diana Zabalovici's full review
Michael Sterling | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 16, 2018

AskNicely = NPS Champ

Pros and Cons

• On the back end, AskNicely is set up very well. It's incredibly user friendly, and integrates with our other systems (CRM, Zapier, etc) with ease. The overall automation throughout the product is really done well.
  • I was initially concerned about "spamming" our current customer base. AskNicely has safeguards in place that do a great job from preventing that from happening.
  • I really like that we can "publish" our promoters comments (luckily we have more than a few to choose from), directly to our website using a simple widget.
  • Their customer support/success throughout the implementation process is fantastic. Made sure we were getting the most use of their product, and also helped guide us in creating idea and ways to utilize the software.
  • Honestly can't think of much, but other than continued integrations with other products out on the market. Trello is one inparticular that we utilize that would be a "nice to have", but we get around it.
Read Michael Sterling's full review
Paul Pulley | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 22, 2018

Product-based NPS Scores

Pros and Cons

• Smoothly manages questionnaire implementation, thanks to integration with HubSpot
  • Provides a ready determination of NPS scores across any time frame you choose, per product "segment"
  • Allows Slack integration so we can alert our customer service department to resolve urgent issues by detractors
  • Ability to combine segments into 1 score. For instance, we set up one segment for Product X that was ordered by customer as part of a bundle, and another for same Product X ordered separately. We're testing for a halo effect on Product X's NPS score. Assuming there is no halo effect, for reporting purposes I would like to combine both segments. It's a manual process now.
  • Would like ability to see multiple graphs in one view (for each segment)
  • Problem is to know when an original population's NPS has statistically significantly improved/worsened over time. 2 methods are a margin-of-error test (like 95% confidence intervals included with NPS scores) and a chi-square test. Good example is a calculator by Genroe Software https://www.genroe.com/resources/free-downloads/net-promoter-margin-of-error-calculator. NPS is a sample, and you can infer the original population's NPS using binomial variance using 3 variables (Promoters, Passives, Detractors). Along with testing for inferred population NPS shifts, a simple, clear explanation of all this would really help me explain it to our CEO.
Read Paul Pulley's full review
Jeff Beaumont | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 01, 2018

AskNicely—Pricier but the Salesforce integration is worth it!

Pros and Cons

• Clarity. The system is simple and easy to use.
  • Easy integrations with Slack and others.
  • Consistent and reliable product.
  • The Salesforce integration took quite a bit of time to get set up and wasn't as simple as initially understood.
Read Jeff Beaumont's full review
Don Reynolds | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 28, 2018

AskNicely is a game changer!

Pros and Cons

• AskNicely allows you to customize your message and questions to your customers so you can determine what areas may need improvement or praise.
  • The AskNicely dashboard and historical tracking is a great way for us to measure our performance of how we handle unexpected technical issues that might impact our clients.
  • AskNicely is easy for the client to quickly provide feedback without taking too much of their time.
  • More template customization.
  • Ability to deactivate single users/not all users.
  • Ability to "bucket" scores to easily track scores like 1-3, 4-7, 8-10.
Read Don Reynolds's full review
April 24, 2018

AskNicely is working well

• Easy setup
  • Strong Salesforce Integration
  • Great Dashboard for reporting
  • Allow for multiple cadences for different groups of users
  • A bit more flexibility for scheduling
April 05, 2018

My experience with AskNicely

Pros and Cons

• Easily Integrated with Salesforce.
  • As we are using Salesforce as CRM, it is one of the easiest application to integrate. We just have to create reports and limit the date when the customer account is created.
  • Can be used to generate reviews.
  • Love how after collating feedback, we can easily set it in such a way that it helps to generate reviews online to give the company more awareness as a whole.
  • The set-up is pretty straightforward and easy, surveys can be customized to the specific target groups.
  • Statistics can be clearer and easier to understand. Eg. When we ask customers about which areas we can improve, the stats are not the easiest to understand.

AskNicely Scorecard Summary

Survey templates (26)
Themes (21)
Custom logo/branding (24)
Changes to live survey (19)
Question design help (21)
Multiple question types (14)
Survey logic flexibility (19)
Response tracking (25)
Compliance (15)
Vendor-offered crowdsourcing (5)
Respondent restrictions (13)

About AskNicely

AskNicely in New Zealand offers their software application as a means of collecting real-time feedback from customers, touting integration with the CRM and automated workflows, the ability to integrate interaction data from popular tools and channels (e.g. Slack, Intercom, etc.), and boasting a satisfactory survey response rate superior to other survey tools.

AskNicely Technical Details