It is used in sharing documentation …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Access control (97)
Document collaboration (99)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Confluence, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $10 per month
Share PDFs, Office docs, images, and more in Confluence. Automatic versioning, instant previews, full-text search, and pinned comments make it easy to manage your files.
- Supported: Task Management
- Supported: Workflow Automation
- Supported: Mobile Access
- Supported: File tracking
- Supported: Tagging
- Supported: Search
- Supported: Integrates with other Project Management Tools
- Supported: Visual planning tools
- Supported: Status updates and activity feed
- Supported: Notifications
- Supported: Comments and feedback
- Supported: Discussions
- Supported: User directory and online status
- Supported: Sharing and privacy
- Supported: Internal knowledgebase
- Supported: Versioning
- Supported: Document files
- Supported: Image files
- Supported: Video files
- Supported: Audio files
- Supported: Document collaboration
- Supported: Shared folders
- Supported: Access control
- Supported: Advanced security features
- Supported: Integrates with Google Drive
- Supported: Device sync
- Supported: Web interface
- Supported: File change notifications
- Supported: Simultaneous editing
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
- DevOps documentation
- Project management documentation
- Meeting minutes allowing anyone access
- Shared agendas for meeting
- Comment and markup of resources
I will not recommended confluence for those organisations who do not have any heavy documentations to share or small team as it can be solved with mails also.
[Atlassian] Confluence makes it much easier to have fancy layouts and consistent documentation through excellent "macros" and templates. The overall system is so intuitive and easy to use, that there is little room to rationally spend time assessing any other solution.
Confluence would be less appropriate for a team that does not require long lived documentation or memorialization of decisions/projects. It would also not make sense for a team that wishes to keep information locked up and away from others, as the tool is more focused on making it easy to share information and be transparent about work and ideas.
After several months of use, if you have not well ordered your meeting notes section and titled the page clearly, it will be a real pain to go back and try to find the details of those meeting notes. Searching in Atlassian Confluence if all you have is a rough idea on the page name or general section and that section contains a few hundred pages....not so nice.