Confluence

Atlassian Confluence

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2021
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2020
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2019

Access control (97)

Notifications (102)

Document collaboration (99)

Search (102)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Confluence, and make your voice heard!

Free

Per User Per Month

Premium

$10

Per User Per Month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.atlassian.com/software/conf…

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $10 per month

Project Management

Communication

File Sharing & Management

What is Confluence?

Confluence aims to give you the power to create anything and everything, from meeting notes, project plans, product requirements, and more. Include multimedia, dynamic content, and make your work come to life.

Share PDFs, Office docs, images, and more in Confluence. Automatic versioning, instant previews, full-text search, and pinned comments make it easy to manage your files.

Confluence Features

Confluence Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, SaaS
Operating SystemsWindows, Linux, Mac

What is Confluence?

Confluence is a collaboration and content sharing platform used primarily by customers who are already using Atlassian's Jira project tracking product. The product appeals particularly to IT users.

How much does Confluence cost?

Confluence starts at $10.

What is Confluence's best feature?

Reviewers rate Integrates with Outlook highest, with a score of 9.6.

Who uses Confluence?

The most common users of Confluence are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

Bill Kratzer | TrustRadius Reviewer
Honestly, we never call support so I am not entirely sure how to rate the Atlassian Support team. Confluence works. We don't do anything exotic or crazy with our installation. And if there are limitations, we just "move on" and work around them (not like I can think of many cases where that has even happened).
Steven Carmean | TrustRadius Reviewer
Unless you are willing to pay for the higher tier of service, expect a 3 day return with the simple answers and some extra time to push through with the more complicated troubleshooting.
We choose to use the less expensive customer service pricing, and we tend to find the answers online from forums faster than we get responses from Confluence Support.
This rating is specifically for Atlassian's self-help documentation on their website. Often times, it is not robust enough to cover a complex usage of one of their features. Frequently, you can find an answer on the web, but not from Atlassian. Instead, it is usually at a power user group elsewhere on the net.
Bailey Troutt | TrustRadius Reviewer
For me it’s a blessing in a disguise for each and every group related task that needs my full concentration. I am having wonderful experience with it. I really prefer in order to work on dozens of projects on a daily basis. Regardless of all these functions, it has a splendid integration capacity that lessens my workload by giving me the ability to work simultaneously on different applications of my interest.

Because you are generally better off finding the information in the Community pages. Support will often link you to articles or forum pages anyway. The support team isn't bad at all though. They just don't engage as much as I'd like. I'd rate them higher, but I want support to be more than just email. My biggest complaint is that you can't call them or email a general support email address (not that I could find without having priority support) and if you get locked out of your account, you can't sign in to submit a ticket.
We rarely if ever have issues with Confluence. However, when we have had issues Atlassian has made it very easy to get in contact with support via their online ticketing system. They are always very thorough with their responses and incredibly helpful and cheery. They make sure to explain the solution and the problem clearly for quick and easy remediation.
Hilary Hobbs | TrustRadius Reviewer
I don't deal directly with support for Confluence, but the fact that my company has been using it for so many years must speak volumes about the customer support they provide. With a 200+ company, there are a lot of moving parts that need to be working at once, and if Confluence didn't have the ability to problem-solve for us, we would have left a long time ago.
I have not personally interacted with Atlassian Confluence's support team. However, I feel our instance has been highly utilized without many hiccups, which leads me to believe they are pretty on top of it. I have been to Atlassian's user conference and felt the company places a huge emphasis on their users, which is absolutely great.
Brian Scholer | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have not had a lot of support experiences with Atlassian, but of the few I have, I wasn't very satisfied with the results. I found that multiple people would respond to the issue at various stages, requiring re-communication (even though the support system stores everything and shows it to both them and you). Often responses came at odd hours, resulting in 24+ hour turnaround on basic responses, even if you respond right away. Support often asks you to do things which require downtime, and don't seem sympathetic if your organization requires that downtime to be done off-hours. This makes it difficult to resolve issues in a timely manner, if at all.

I must note that I have not opened a support incident with them in close to 2 years, and it's my understanding from colleagues that there has been much improvement. My comments and ratings reflect my older experiences.