Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Atom, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Helps speed up deployment process with GitHub integration
- Slightly more time spent on learning curve as opposed to competitors
- No cost spent moving to Atom
- No negative ROI
- ROI can be said as neutral because eventually, we have to switch to another text editor because of many limitations of Atom for large code.
- In starting stage of the project, everything was fine and things were happening as expected
- Overall it has been a great experience using Atom in my organization but many challenges were faced so that's something Atom should work on.
- Can write code easily and debugger help us.
- supports VCS like GIT
- Negative is with plugins not often
- As mentioned before, Atom is highly effective for bulk text editing. This has proven useful when moving information quickly from one format to another (e.g., free-form word document into more structured formats like CSV).
- Atom is only particularly useful in the hands of someone with a high degree of technology proficiency; as a result its impact has been limited at my organization due to varied levels of technical skill.
- Atom has made writing C++ code more enjoyable.
- Atom has taken a decent amount of time to configure with plugins, but in my opinion, it was worth it.
- Atom has helped us reach our business objectives of writing quality C++ code and working on the JNI layer for Android apps which have a native code component.
- Easy to use.
- Nice review.
- Atom's multi-cursor plugin helps me do repetitive coding tasks very efficiently.
- Atom's configuration is easily duplicated and can be copied over a machine to machine so new engineers can have the same Atom installation as everyone else, making environment setup and tool standardization a breeze.
- Time is money - My feature development was fast as compared to other editors that I have used previously.
- Identifying code bugs can be time consuming - tools does not detect them right away
- Simple to get and lightweight on machines
- Saves time deploying the code.
- Automatic version control with Git integration.
- ROI is a 600%, the ROI is like crypto.
- Take the time to download, install, and use this editor— it is well worth it
- The free platform is an obvious advantage, without sacrificing quality for features.
- Ease of use, even for more basic users make it approachable and teachable.
- Cheaper than Dreamweaver.
- Allows people to write coded faster.
- Allows new coder learn faster with autofills and code hints.
- We could run it on systems running different operating systems which enabled better co-operation within the team.
- The go-to editor for small projects and web development in our team.
- It's increased developer productivity.
- Better bug handling and detection.
- We have the capability to use different languages seamlessly through file extension.
- Well, because its free whatever gain you make of it is all profit.
- The tool we use when we need quick fixes. Allows fast, reliable scripting to fix urgent problems in our applications.
- When applications grow from 5-10 files to 100's, they need to be migrated to a heavier-duty IDE. This can be cumbersome and quite annoying, but is necessary to maintain code integrity on such a large scale (since it cannot be done with the limited default toolset of Atom).
- Atom hasn't really affected the business objectives at our institution. It's an option, but one of many to edit text.
- The real ROI comes from staff being comfortable working in the way they see fit. The standardization happens outside of the choice of text editor (IDE/Version Control/DevOps).
- I could easily not use Atom and have no difficulty completing my work.
- Atom is free. So it reduces the need for extensive fees and saves some dollars.
- It has very good code complete features. So that helps accelerate coding.
- It can be used to write code in different languages.
- It helps on productivity, since it allows developers to better understand what are they doing.