Autodesk 3ds Max

The tool for the 1 per cent.

What is Autodesk 3ds Max?

Autodesk offers 3ds Max, 3D modeling and rendering software for design visualization, games, and animation. The vendor states that users can produce professional-quality 3D animations, renders, and models with an efficient and flexible toolset to help create better 3D content in less time.

3 people want pricing too

What is Adobe After Effects?

Adobe After Effects allows users to create cinematic movie titles, intros, and transitions, remove an object from a clip, start a fire or make it rain, or animate a logo or character. The vendor states that with After Effects, users can apply motion-graphics and animation to any digital object.

What is Autodesk Maya?

Autodesk offers Maya, a 3D animation, modeling, simulation and rendering tool available to artists, animators, and educators.

What is Autodesk 3ds Max?

Autodesk 3ds Max Technical Details

Alternatives

Jitendra Choubisa | TrustRadius Reviewer
My Institute teaches Civil Engineering to the incoming students and in that case, we use Autodesk 3dsMax for 3d Modelling of Buildings, Towers, Trusses, Terrains etc. Also, we are currently working on introducing Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality to the students, as it is the technology of the future. In regards to that, we use Unity with Autodesk 3ds Max to model the scene/objects and add interaction to it. Our Institute is currently working on an app in collaboration with JioGlass ( A Reliance Jio Initiative) under Jio Tesseract program. In this, our students with the help of 3ds Max are modeling all the historic architectures present in the Rajasthan state of India. With 3ds Max it is quite easy to model complex geometries too. Also within the Autodesk Umbrella, Max is quite helpful in interoperability. It is easy and useful for beginners in the case of animation and rendering also.
Arbaz Malik | TrustRadius Reviewer
In my company [Autodesk] 3ds Max [is used] for modeling, texturing, rigging, lighting, and rendering. [Also,] sometimes [for] making cool fx things and particles but mostly we use it for modeling characters, building, and some other objects like table chair [and] much more. It is used for texturing also in [a] big scale for rendering purposes.
Vipul Tamboli | TrustRadius Reviewer
Autodesk 3ds Max is used to render the images and to make the models with high quality and graphics. It also provides so many built-in functions that help a lot to design the model with high accuracy coordinates. I basically use it to make my gaming models to make my game attractive.
I am the only person at my current organization who uses 3d max. The quality of the renderings when combined with-ray is second to none. The learning curve though is steep, so if you didn't learn it during college, I doubt an Architecture business is going to train you when they can outsource the production of renderings. I use it to test ideas that are impossible to model in Revit, and I render final presentation images from models imported from Revit when specifically required by a client. Today is hard to justify the extra time that 3dsmax requires for rendering production, there is software that does it faster, and in real-time with acceptable quality. I think for 3ds max to compete with this other software, a more intentional direction towards architecture needs to happen. Also, the interaction with Revit is not easy or intuitive. It is the best tool, for professional results, but probably the hardest to master as well.
Kevin Wolff | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incredibly powerful tools with a very user-friendly UI. Get industry standard results for mograph, camera tracking, 3D modeling for product design, or VFX production with rapid render times to meet deadlines. Maya may be great for animating, but 3ds Max is my go-to for hard surface modeling.
vijay kumar | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use 3ds Max for making complicated 3D sets which are not easy to make in Maya or other software, the renders which 3ds Max V-Ray gives no other software gives that crisp renders. I like using 3ds Max for modelling heavy grager sets.