BuildingConnected, an Autodesk product

BuildingConnected, an Autodesk product Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Marcel Cicort | TrustRadius Reviewer
Have used BlueBook Construction, which has a smooth, quick search for local contractors. Still, they don't allow us the client project creation. I even had issues with them displaying proper project descriptions based upon was receiving inadequate and or erroneous bid proposals, and the engagement manager was not flexible in resolving the problem!
Matthew Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
SmartBid is very similar to BuildingConnected. In our case it just depends which general contractor has BuildingConnected vs SmartBid. I can say that building connected has brought us more/new estimating opportunities by updating our profile - indicating what division we estimate and where in Canada we can work. We've done the same with SmartBid but haven't seen the same results.
BuildingConnected is one of my favorite bid management softwares because of its ease of use and simple interface. At a quick glance you can easily see where your project is, who is planning on bidding, and what values submitted bids equal out to. BuildingConnected makes it really easy to find and engage new subcontractors, and is very easy to use as a team.
I'd say that BuildingConnected is by far the best software I've used in the industry. It's much more aesthetically pleasing, user-friendly, and just a better overall product than Procore, iSqFt, & SmartBid. Those sites all seem to be lacking in at least one of those categories - while BuildingConnected covers all of our bases.
I like the look of BuildingConnected the best between the 3 of these products. iSqFt to me has an outdated look and isn't super easy to navigate like BuildingConnected. I like the the visual look of BuildingConnected its very easy on the eyes and draws your eye to where you need to see the most important information.
I have used various products to do my job and by far BuildingConnected is the best. I wish all construction companies used this program. They are easy to use and does most of the work for me. I like the way they call or text me and ask for my opinion on their product and if there is any they can do to make their product work better for me.
BuildingConnected is user-friendly and easy to understand. One of the key successes for communication within the bidding process is for a dialogue not only from within our company, but also with the subcontractors that we are reaching out to. Nearly all subcontractors we have reached out to for project invitations are familiar with and already in the BuildingConnected system. This allows us to quickly exchange information and receive accurate proposals.
We use BuildingConnected for our bidding process mainly because of their database feature. Procore does not offer a database outside of using your own. PlanGrid, Dodge & PanTerra have databases, but they don't seem to be as broad as BuildingConnected. SmartBid actually has some decent options, plus they have a great agreement w/ Procore, which we use for all of our construction management or once we have been awarded the job.

Compared to the other systems though, I would say Hands Down that BuildingConnected is one of the easiest systems to use. A 20-minute tutorial will allow someone to jump in and use it.

BuildingConnected, an Autodesk product Scorecard Summary

Construction Project & Field Management (11)
9.2
Plan distribution & viewing (12)
Plan markups & sharing (8)
Issue tracking & punchlists (5)
Photo documentation (7)
Jobsite reports (1)
Document sharing (13)
9.7
RFI tools (5)
Collaboration & approvals (3)
As-built drawings (3)
Mobile app (2)
10.0
Submittal design and management (2)
Estimating (5)
Takeoff tools (3)
Job costing (5)
Cost databases (3)
Cost calculator (4)
Bid creation (10)
9.5

What is BuildingConnected, an Autodesk product?

BuildingConnected is an online preconstruction communications and bidding management platform. It heavily features a communications network and online database of and for general contractors, subcontractors, and owners. BuildingConnected is designed for functionality for each of these groups.

General contractors are offered bid management and comparison capabilities. BuildingConnected also supports historical cost and relationship tracking and real-time reporting for live projects. TradeTapp also assists with subcontractor prequalification processes.

BuildingConnected’s primary offering for subcontractors is an online Bid Board designed to enable full visibility and workflow within subcontractors’ organizations during the bidding process. The bid board features bid analytics, estimator performance tracking, and other reporting capabilities. It also allows for variable user permissions for data security purposes.

BuildingConnected provides real estate owners with access to its online network of general contractors and subcontractors. It also provides online bidding support.

BuildingConnected, an Autodesk product Video

BuildingConnected - The Leader in Preconstruction

BuildingConnected, an Autodesk product Pricing

BuildingConnected, an Autodesk product Technical Details

What is BuildingConnected, an Autodesk product?

BuildingConnected is an online preconstruction platform supporting communication and collaboration with contractors, subcontractors, and real estate owners. The platform supports bid management with cost tracking and analytics, relationship tracking, alerting, and unlimited bid invitations. BuildingConnected was acquired by Autodesk in 2018.

What is BuildingConnected, an Autodesk product's best feature?

Reviewers rate Issue tracking & punchlists and Collaboration & approvals highest, with a score of 10.

Who uses BuildingConnected, an Autodesk product?

The most common users of BuildingConnected, an Autodesk product are from Small Businesses and the Construction industry.