Score 8.5 out of 10
Autodesk Inventor

What is Autodesk Inventor?

Autodesk Inventor 3D CAD software offers professional-grade 3D mechanical design, documentation, and product simulation tools.

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Autodesk Inventor, and make your voice heard!

Monthly

per user/per month

One Year

$2,085.00

per user/per year

Three Year

$5,630.00

per user/per 3 years

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.autodesk.com/products/inven…

What is Autodesk Inventor?

Autodesk Inventor Features

• Supported: Simulation and visualization

Autodesk Inventor Competitors

Autodesk Inventor Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

SOLIDWORKS and PTC Creo are common alternatives for Autodesk Inventor.

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 7.9.

The most common users of Autodesk Inventor are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Scott Sichmeller | TrustRadius Reviewer
Autodesk Inventor is being used across the whole organization. We are in the process of moving from a 2D environment to a 3D environment that supports engineering analysis, work instruction to the operations staff, accurate BOM information to sales, and improved submittal information for our customers. In the past year, we have been able to create product offerings to address customer needs that we would not have been able to, or taken to long to create, in a 2D world.
  • Simple engineering analysis
  • REVIT native export
  • Animation and annotated exploded views
  • Product configuration
  • Smaller population of Autodesk users relative to other mechanical CAD packages (SOLIDWORKS, CATIA, etc.)
For smaller, less complex shops like ours, where systems are primarily built from existing building blocks, Autodesk Inventor works well. System integration is relatively straightforward from our library. For intensive product or component development work, Inventor may fall short relative to the more robust engineering tools of a package like CATIA or SOLIDWORKS. Also, if you are sharing a lot of information outside of the company, the Inventor audience is smaller than some of the other CAD packages.
  • More accuracy in our BOMs and work instructions being sent to the shop floor
  • Being able to share solid models with our suppliers
  • Faster system development
  • Quick turnaround on marketing material to support a new product line
  • Using animation instead of physical properties to demonstrate product functionality
We chose Inventor because the team had some historic experience with older versions of AutoCAD. Our market services primarily building engineers, so to export directly to a REVIT file was critical.
We are working with ImainIT (Rand) as our integrator. They have been very proactive in offering support, and supported each of our integration steps to date. My team does not feel as though they have any question that cannot be addressed during a brief conversation, and we've not encountered any roadblocks to date.
We have deployed Inventor throughout engineering (electrical and mechanical), and are in the process of deploying throughout sales.
We don't have any in-house support, however, the team has taken to Inventor very quickly. Anyone with past experience in any 3D CAD environment should be capable of picking up the Inventor environment very quickly. It's been 20+ years since I last worked in Pro-Engineer, but I've been able to get back into Autodesk Inventor relatively quickly and easily.
  • System integration
  • BOM generation
  • Engineering documentation
  • Creating visual models for marketing material
  • Creating animation of product to demonstrate functionality to train our reps rather than creating a cut-away product
  • Exploded view diagrams to create work instructions to train new employees
  • 3D customer submittal drawings
  • Customer parts pick lists
Inventor continues to meet our enterprise needs. I don't see a need to change unless we change our business model significantly.
We have a digital fabrication laboratory in the school, and we use Autodesk Inventor to create new objects that we can use to develop new projects with the kids, making the learning easier. After we design our 3D model on Autodesk Inventor, we prototype it using a 3D printer, laser cutting machine, etc.
  • It is not a difficult software.
  • They have a free trial for students.
  • You can create simulations.
  • You can send your 3D model straight to a 3D printer.
  • The professional version is expensive.
  • It’s a very heavy software.
  • It doesn’t work on Mac.
Autodesk Inventor is very appropriate to create 3D mechanical designs, such as the design of automobiles and airplanes. You can design everything you want. I would not recommend Autodesk Inventor to those who want to do architectural designs. In this case, you should use AutoCAD.
  • I can simulate my designs before I prototype them.
  • It has been very helpful.
Autodesk inventor has a free trial, and CATIA doesn’t.
They have a support system that had almost all the answers that I needed when I had a problem.
engineer
  • Product Features
  • Product Usability
  • Product Reputation
  • Prior Experience with the Product
I used the software Autodesk Inventor when I was in college, so I chose to used it at the company because of my prior experience. It is not a complicated software to use and offers a good value benefit
No changes
  • Don't know
  • We had to get a Microsoft computer because it doesn’t work on macbook
  • in-person training
I got the training during college, so mostly i learned on my own
You can change the language, you can change the units of measurement... everything is very configurable, so people from all around the world can use it.
Some - we have done small customizations to the interface
You can change the background, and move the tabs
I never needed a support
I never needed a support
  • Interface
  • Simulation
It’s easy and very good for mechanical design