Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Sales and Use Taxes (215)
Tax Exemption Processing (148)
Tax Data Reporting (181)
3rd-Party Software Integrations (159)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Avalara, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $21 per month
Avalara aims to help businesses get tax compliance right. Avalara customers can manage tax obligations from state, local, and other tax authorities around the world through the platform. Avalara states that the value proposition for users is that its tool provide efficient and more accurate solutions for managing those requirements.
The Avalara Tax Compliance Suite — Avalara AvaTax, Avalara Returns, and Avalara CertCapture — offers solutions for various transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and others. Through the suite, users can calculate taxes, file and remit returns, and comply with document management requirements. More than 700 integrations are available for accounting systems, ERP and CRM providers, ecommerce platforms, and more. The company also offers Professional Services including Tax Advisory Services, Implementation Services, Managed Services, and Support Plans and Training to help customers prepare for and achieve compliance.
- Supported: Sales and Use Taxes
- Supported: Cross-border Taxes
- Supported: VAT / GST Taxes
- Supported: Energy and Fuel Taxes
- Supported: Geolocation for Tax Assessment
- Supported: 3rd-Party Software Integrations
- Supported: Tax Data Reporting
- Supported: Compliance Administration Management
- Supported: Tax Exemption Processing
- Supported: Tax Document Management
- Supported: Complex Tax Scenario Management
- Supported: Centralized tax management: Unify sales and use tax calculation, document management, and returns preparation under a single platform.
- Supported: Integrations: AvaTax connects with more than 700 prebuilt integrations to connect with your accounting, ecommerce, POS, and other systems, plus an advanced API.
- Supported: Cloud-based: A software-as-a-service solution, AvaTax updates take effect as soon as they are deployed, helping to ensure you are using the most current information.
- Supported: Exemption management: Request certificates from vendors and store them electronically for easy access and to effectively track expiration dates. Send automatic renewal requests before certificates expire.
- Supported: Returns filing and remittance: Returns preparation and remittance in multiple jurisdictions. Avalara Returns can track and manage due dates and payment requirements, enabling you to pay all your returns with a single source of payment.
- Supported: Lodging: Manage lodging tax for your hotel or rental property with a solution that plugs into your reservation software to deliver lodging tax calculations in real time as well as prepares, files, and remits your lodge tax returns.
- Supported: Communications: Delivers tax calculations on a broad array of communications transactions by directly connecting to your current billing or ERP system, or to an in-house build via API.
- Supported: Beverage Alcohol: Simplifying regulatory compliance for suppliers, distributors, and retailers in the beverage alcohol industry.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- NetSuite ERP
- QuickBooks Online
- Sage 500 ERP
- Sage Intacct
- SAP Business One
- Shopify Plus
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Yahoo! eCommerce
- part of Yahoo Small Business
- Magento Commerce Cloud (formerly Magento)
- Epicor Manufacturing Express Edition
- Pinnacle Cart
|Mobile Application||Mobile Web|