Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Sales and Use Taxes (262)8.787%
- Tax Exemption Processing (181)8.484%
- Tax Data Reporting (222)8.282%
- 3rd-Party Software Integrations (195)8.181%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Avalara, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $21 per month
- Tech Details
- Supported: Sales and Use Taxes
- Supported: Cross-border Taxes
- Supported: VAT / GST Taxes
- Supported: Energy and Fuel Taxes
- Supported: Geolocation for Tax Assessment
- Supported: 3rd-Party Software Integrations
- Supported: Tax Data Reporting
- Supported: Compliance Administration Management
- Supported: Tax Exemption Processing
- Supported: Tax Document Management
- Supported: Complex Tax Scenario Management
- Supported: Centralized tax management: Unifies sales and use tax calculation, document management, and returns preparation.
- Supported: Integrations: AvaTax connects with more than 700 prebuilt integrations to connect with accounting, ecommerce, POS, and other systems, plus an advanced API.
- Supported: Cloud-based: A software-as-a-service solution, AvaTax updates take effect as soon as they are deployed, helping to ensure the most current information is used.
- Supported: Exemption management: Request certificates from vendors and store them electronically for access and to track expiration dates. Send automatic renewal requests before certificates expire.
- Supported: Returns filing and remittance: Returns preparation and remittance in multiple jurisdictions. Avalara Returns can track and manage due dates and payment requirements, enabling users to pay returns with a single source of payment.
- Supported: Lodging: Manage lodging tax for hotel or rental property with a solution that plugs into reservation software to deliver lodging tax calculations in real time as well as prepares, files, and remits lodge tax returns.
- Supported: Communications: Delivers tax calculations on a broad array of communications transactions by directly connecting to a current billing or ERP system, or to an in-house build via API.
- Supported: Beverage Alcohol: Simplifying regulatory compliance for suppliers, distributors, and retailers in the beverage alcohol industry.
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
The difficulty comes with interacting with or getting any answer from someone at Avalara.