Avast Business Antivirus Reviews

Martha Batruny | TrustRadius Reviewer
Avast has been a really good supporter in providing me and my whole organization an ultimate protection in each and every case without any difficulty. I found it to be a huge supporter in maintaining the heavy workload on daily basis. I also like the deep scanning feature of this particular application that totally identifies each and every type of malware and spyware as well.
  • I really appreciate this particular product because of its large range of features that helps in the proper security of the system and devices as well.
  • I love the way in which it helps in providing a home network security that helps me in doing daily tasks efficiently.
  • It helps me by providing a new variety of features in each and every update that doesn’t consume more time and hard work.
  • This application is providing me a lot of benefits with its beautiful interface that is quite simple and well understanding for providing a variety of features for my daily work process.
  • I am having all positive experiences with it as it is helping me out in different ways to prevent any anti-theft features for my databases.
  • For me, there is nothing to worry about in this particular application and also it’s a great initiator.
I would love to suggest this application to different companies regardless of their sizes and resources as well. Apart from this, it provides me a huge comfort from its mobile application which is enough handy to be used even while sitting at home. So, for me, it’s an incredible product in terms of security and protection.
Read Martha Batruny's full review
Sam Randika | TrustRadius Reviewer
When we work on the internet, security is the most important thing. We must use a antivirus to prevent virus attacks. Avast keep checking the behavior of the daily using programs so that it detects viruses before they can harm your files. Avast also comes with many features, not only antivirus scanning but also Data Shredder, Web Shield, A firewall, Data Disk Rescue, and many others.
  • Easy to install.
  • Compatible with most Operating Systems.
  • Auto scans the external storage devices without letting it to harm your computer.
  • Reasonable price.
  • Offers a free trial period.
  • Has minimum system requirements
  • When a full scan is running, the system might be slow.
  • Reports could be better managed.
When comparing with other antivirus software available on the market, Avast did not slow down my PC like some of its competitors. It protects your PC from malicious programs during internet browsing. Avast is well-suited for any organization or even just for personal usage.
Read Sam Randika's full review
Miguel Antonio Escudero López | TrustRadius Reviewer
After trying antivirus solutions for my customers, Avast Business Antivirus gives the grade of security I need.
It's easy to work with and has plenty of handy extra tools to give maximum protection.
Here are my key aspects of Avast Endpoint protection:
*Easy to install
*Works with few hardware resources.
*Not as intrusive as other solutions.
*Remote administration.
*Constantly gets updated with new antivirus definitions.
*If you don't want to buy it you can install a trial version.
Problems Solved With Avast Business Antivirus:
*Get protection from the latest threats that can harm any system.
*Resolve bottlenecks due to live protection that can slow the organization's machines.
*Get Avast running with a few clicks.
*Easy to set up in order to get what you need of the solution.
  • Avast Business Antivirus does particularly well detecting any threads in real time in order to it's live scanner that's constantly detecting any changes in your system.
  • Avast Business Antivirus is very good with your system resources saving you time when you are on demanding tasks that can make your system slow.
  • Avast Business Antivirus is amazing keeping constantly updated with latest virus and threads definitions that can harm your system keeping it secure all the time.
  • Avast Business Antivirus Sometimes makes randoms startup scans when your system is on.
  • Avast Business Antivirus includes a voice that tells you when your antivirus database is updated and it's annoying. The good news is that it can be disabled in the menu options.
Avast Business is great to keep your business secure of virus/threads, is easy to install and use. I recommend digging around the options menu in order to get the best setup for your business. You should use the 30-day trial first in order to see if Avast Business Antivirus works well and fits your company needs.
Read Miguel Antonio Escudero López's full review
Vin Campbell | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, we have Avast Business antivirus (cloud version) as our endpoint protection. Just about every computer and server has the policy-based client installed. When we invested in this solution, we were originally with AVG (same platform) so we've gone through the buyout and ownership transfer. I must say that this process went seamlessly with absolutely no interruption to our daily business. Now we're fully on Avast, and I'm happy to say that they provide a very stable and reliable endpoint protection service.
  • Cloud-based. I can manage all of my endpoints, policies, alerts, etc. from their cloud portal - from anywhere.
  • Through the same portal - I have remote access to all of my devices - priceless.
  • I absolutely love the endpoint client lockout (by password) - which does not allow my end users to disable under any circumstance - but allows me to do so by entering in the password. Stellar feature!
  • Policy-based - I can set all the parameters against a policy, hit save and that rolls out to the endpoints. I can also move devices between policies with ease from the cloud portal, so I can test features to ensure security levels remain tight.
  • Alerts - these are handy for sure, but some alerts, when turned on, can flood your Inbox. I'd like to see a more granular approach that sets limits on how many times an alert will be delivered.
  • Fingerprint access on the mobile app would be awesome.
  • Aside from that, some of the menu paths are not straightforward. Like the install client creation can only be done from the dashboard (to my knowledge) when it should be done from the policy and/or device pages. Make the interface a little more intuitive.
I use Avast Business (not cloud) as endpoint protection for file servers at a few clients; it works very well in this scenario. I can't say that I've had any sort of Ransomware bypass this, but for sure no virus, keylogger, RAT or malware has slipped through. It doesn't take up a lot of resources, so I am able to have this deployed on SQL servers that are the backend to my Point of Sale system. No issues here either, so well suited in my opinion. I have this deployed on POS stations, general workstations, higher end stations running the Adobe Creative Suite; my own computer running 10-15 apps minimum at all times, servers with various roles. All of these run without any issue caused by the Avast solution.
Read Vin Campbell's full review
Nick Throlson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used Avast Business Antivirus on numerous servers for clients to allow them to run Windows machines with ease and peace of mind. When it comes to a virus or other malware infections, especially email attachments, Avast Business Antivirus scans them make sure nothing penetrates the network or local devices.
  • Secure Windows machines
  • Background scans
  • Easy to setup
  • Professional support
  • More tools
  • Firewall functions
Great for small businesses with 100 employees or less. Great to set up on the server and provide on multiple desktops that are on a network. Bigger networks take little time to implement.
Read Nick Throlson's full review
Miguel Useche | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 19, 2018

Great security app

It was being used to protect all their Windows infrastructure: there were some desktop machines for developers and main servers with the software. Avast was used to protect this infrastructure from external attackers, viruses and any other threat. I like it because it worked seamlessly, it didn't bother or interrupted our daily job like other antiviruses. Also protected desktop machines immediately from malware inside pen drives, websites with suspicious behaviors. Servers machines were also protected from an external source. I would recommend it because it has great support and we didn't have any problems while I was working for that organization.
  • Seamless security, you don't get interruped by it.
  • Full protection from external sources: external units, malware from websites, connection security, etc.
  • Good support from Avast
  • Good performance
  • I have no complains about it, except sometimes it protects too much when you want to do some advance stuff in your os. But it doesn't affect average users.
It's great for a corporate environment and you don't want to spend time implementing your own security. Even if you are a small company you should use it and it will protect you from any threaths
Read Miguel Useche's full review
Sudhakar Dasoju | TrustRadius Reviewer
As technical lead and a leading startup WonderBi Analytics, it's important to have secured system. We were using Avast Business Antivirus as a primary anti-virus software for all the systems across all departments It solves the major problem of a virus, malware. All systems which are assigned by our organization, as well as employees who use their own systems, gets installed with Avast Business Antivirus.
  • Easy to use interface and very intutive
  • Its really light on system compare to other antivirus available in market
  • Runs in background
  • There are too many features which many us don't need
  • Important features vpn etc are need to buy seperately
  • Pricing is little higher compared to others
If you have a team which is working remotely or users can use their own device then Avast Business Antivirus can really work really well. It won't help if users using smartphones rather than using laptops or desktop as avast don't have good smartphone antivirus.
Read Sudhakar Dasoju's full review
Fran Maita | TrustRadius Reviewer
This tool created for the purpose of protecting malicious files is one of the best options for the market. In our institution we have no problems with the protection system in the servers and more if it is a very useful tool. Therefore, it is the one that is protected with Avast Business Antivirus.
  • It has practical tools that improve the quality of PC performance.
  • Proper cleaning schedule.
  • Update without errors.
  • Recovery of hard disk space.
  • There are functions like when you use a free version that are only useful on test days.
  • Licenses must expire in 3 years and increase the price.
  • Updates very followed.
Avast Business Antivirus has few details that have surely improved over time. In many occasions, the functionality features can be slow due to the use of pages that enter our servers. For this, this tool allows us to deal with those cases that bother us and especially the security of our [equiptment], with the protection of passwords.
Read Fran Maita's full review

Avast Business Antivirus Scorecard Summary

About Avast Business Antivirus

Avast offers their business class antivirus application, simply Avast Business Antivirus, which the vendor boasts as having a 100% malware detection rate and a centralized management platform to monitor threats network-wide across all connected endpoints, in editions for Windows, MacOS, and Windows Server.