Skip to main content

What is AVI-SPL?

AVI-SPL is a digital workplace services provider that works with organizations globally to improve team collaboration through video and audio technology.

Incentivized
AVI-SPL is our preferred AV vendor for all our audio visual needs. Design , planning , and servicing all our conference rooms. They handle …

Thanks!

May 06, 2024
Incentivized
We use them for purchasing pro av equipment but are open to using them for integration services.

Service Offering Details

What is AVI-SPL?

AVI-SPL is a global digital enablement services provider that offers collaboration technology solutions, which include IT managed services. Their teams strategize, design, deploy, manage, and support audio visual (AV) and unified communications (UC) solutions that they present are simple-to-use, scalable, secure, and measurable to ensure business objectives are achieved.

AVI-SPL's expertise includes collaboration partner certifications, such as:
  • Cisco Customer Experience (CX) Specialization
  • Google Member Level Partner
  • Microsoft Managed Partner
  • Microsoft Modern Work Partner
  • Poly Platinum Partner
  • Zoom Certified Integrator and Master Agent

AV/UC technology services and support

• design, planning, installation, and integration
  • 24/7 support from four Global Service Operations Centers
  • on-site, online, and on-demand end-user training
  • voice cloud calling and contact centers
  • user experience services
  • AVI-SPL Symphony user experience management platform to administer, monitor, control, and analyze your multi-vendor AV, UC, and meeting environments.

Additional audio visual and virtual event services

• hybrid learning technology that supports flexible learning environments
  • experience technology that delivers immersive customer experiences
  • complete digital signage solutions, including hardware, content creation, and content management software
  • video production, broadcast, and streaming services, and remote-controlled multi-camera broadcast studios
  • virtual event management for Webex by Cisco, Microsoft Teams Live, and Zoom

AVI-SPL Screenshots

Screenshot of AVI-SPL Symphony mobile appScreenshot of AVI-SPL meeting room reference designsScreenshot of AVI-SPL meeting and collaboration solutionsScreenshot of AVI-SPL Symphony benefitsScreenshot of AVI-SPL services

AVI-SPL Videos

AVI-SPL Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) Case Study
AVI-SPL Truepoint Wealth Counsel Case Study

AVI-SPL Availability

GeographyGlobal

CDW, Diversified Digital Signage, and Presidio are common alternatives for AVI-SPL.

Reviewers rate Vendor pre-sale highest, with a score of 9.4.

The most common users of AVI-SPL are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees).

AVI-SPL Customer Size Distribution

Consumers0%
Small Businesses (1-50 employees)0%
Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)50%
Enterprises (more than 500 employees)50%

Attribute Ratings

• contracts
  • answer requests
  • get tech help for events
  • In our experience, requesting av techs for our events we have had many booking issues
  • In my opinion, response time for questions and assistance
  • In our experience, letting us know updates needed or what we do not need as we do not use it before asking

Thank You AVI-SPL!

Charles Peot | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
  • Follow up!!! Justin is the very quick to get answers as to the type of manufacturer and options we have that ability to do since starting the collaboration between us.
  • Listen. But Justin and Mike were very informed and quick with an answer or solution tour needs!
  • The only real issue I can see being a roadblock to the larger opportunities is the labor cost and AVI-SPL seems to hide it from us. Not sure why.

• Design
  • Sourcing equipment at a responsible cost
  • Support
  • Cost/ price of services
  • Responsiveness to service calls
May 07, 2024

Incentivized
  • design and infrastructure documentation
  • installation and attention to detail
  • ongoing maintenance and support
  • speed of on-site response times
  • hard to get back quotes, but i think this is due to complex company requests and large scale, multi-room projects
Incentivized
  • Our account manager is attentive, responsive and knowledgeable.
  • Billing and accounting are handled in a very user friendly manner.
  • Product selection is impressive. Great quality offerings.
  • Great support on the products that are represented.
  • Better shipping costs/carrier options
  • Expansion of offerings. We would source more from AVI-SPL if they were to expand.
  • Online catalog
Karen Skunta | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
  • Our AVI-SPL sales representative is unparalleled in his ability to quickly define and recommend the best technology solution to ensure a perfect fit with our design goals and our client's financial goals.
  • He is supported by a great AVI-SPL engineer who has worked with us on our designed environments to ensure that our custom fabricated installations hold all the required technology - perfectly.
  • Planning the installation and visiting the site, if necessary to ensure perfect installation is always an important part of the plan.
  • Open communications with the AVI-SPL project manager yields a sound schedule with appropriate time to deliver the end result.
  • The PM is part of the Cracker-Jack team of AVI-SPL installers who have taken on the multiple tasks required to fulfill installation in our uniquely designed environments.
  • We've been fortunate that they have delivered the majority of our client projects without drama - problem solving with wisdom and assurance in arriving at the solution.
  • ensuring that ongoing client operations will be able to maintain the technology.
  • Finally, AVI-SPL ensures that our clients' staff and their ongoing operatons will be able to maintain the technology due to proper training and a variety of customer care options available to fit any budget.
  • Well, in order to process payment using AMEX, it can take up to three people and even if a payment was just processed in the past month or two - all forms have to be filled out again.
  • While I'm not getting into the details - but if someone wants to hear them - I don't understand that if I approved a quote and paid a 50% deposit via AMEX to order the equipment (and filled out the credit card forms at that time), why I have to do that all over again in order to process final payment (remaining 50% of the project quote). I have no problem getting on one call indicating payment with my AMEX full card data - but having to fill out paperwork and then send it to one person at an office/state that will then call another person to contact me via phone (who is in another office/state) is a lot of work. And if I end up not being available for the call - then I have to reach out to get it going again. A lot of time that feels unnecessary.
May 06, 2024

Thanks!

• Provide Quotes
  • Provide vendor contact info
  • Stay connected
  • Audio Visual system design
  • Troubleshooting for repair work
  • suggesting innovative new products
  • reaching specific people in the service department. I am usually not sure what technician they will send and due to our company's COVID protocols, I need forms filled out ahead of time by the techs that will be on site.
  • Reaching people for scheduling. Occasionally I have tried to schedule a service call, provided my availability when asked, and then not heard back to confirm a date. This has left the follow-up communication up to me.
  • When trying to reach the general service department for just a simple question, they always open up a service ticket that sometimes goes unanswered for quite a while. The last time this happened I just wanted to know when my next PM visit was due to be scheduled. I still have not heard back. It has been 5 days.

AVI-SPL review

Incentivized
  • Send quotes that do not include all required parts
  • Providing accurate quotes for projects.
  • Estimating projects in a timely manner of at least 2-3 weeks
  • Meeting deadlines for scheduled installations
  • Communicating issues early and proactively
  • Listen to the customer needs
  • Meet expectations of the customer which AVI-SPL stated over and over that the expectations were reasonable and should be doable.
  • Get things done the right time so repeat and return trips are not needed.
  • Verify all parts for a project are in hand prior to sending the install team.
  • Manage the project well including daily reports when on-site
  • Follow customer's verbal and written expectations for communications when on-site.

Incentivized
  • Phil Fortune has been an excellent sale rep. He is extremely responsive.
  • The y worked to meet our need within the confines of our budget.
  • The have worked to remain transparent on within our timeline.
  • Communication between contract and construction expectations was lacking. We were a bit surprised by our original timeline.

• Detailed drawings
  • Incident reponse
  • Client Relations
  • Slow proposal response
  • Inconsistent experience across offices
  • Information retention and tracking
  • Documentation

Incentivized
  • Communication: they are prompt and efficient at answering client questions and rectifying concerns
  • Expertise: most issues are solved quickly and with minimal downtime
  • The only issues I have had were during covid supply chain issues, which is not the fault of AVI-SPL
  • Competitively priced quote
  • Detailed requirements
  • Initial project kickoff meeting
  • In my opinion, did not provide solution to initial issue with Intune Mobile Device Mgmt prevented connectivity. Despite numerous attempts to solve, AVI-SPL deferred to Microsoft for troubleshooting.
  • Personally, later experienced connectivity issues with Teams. AVI-SPL did not offer any solutions or attempts to help. After over a month working with Microsoft, discovered a previously unannounced Teams upgrade resulted in authentication issues.
  • Microsoft recommended AVI-SPL as a preferred partner. I would expect AVI-SPL to be more knowledgeable and supportive in trying to resolve the above issues, especially since we purchased the one-year support plan.
December 30, 2023

good but could be better

Incentivized
  • respond rather quickly to my requests for service
  • Friendly techs
  • I would like to see escalated help sooner than later. There have been times where we have a tech come out, cant resolve the issues and they send another tech of the same level to look at it again.
  • I have requested an engineer is involved when a tech comes on site and that doesnt always happen.
  • I would like to see them take the initiative to dive deeper into some of the ongoing issues we have had in the past. I feel as if they come by and band aid the issue when they really need to dive into the schematics of our particular set up.