German company Avira offers endpoint protection via its antivirus solutions available for businesses in multiple editions which protect endpoints, networks and servers against threats and malicious activity, and scan for viruses and malware as well as phishing and web attacks.Avira protectsFor many years, I have used Avira antivirus, both on my personal laptop and on my mobile phone. I started to use it because before I was not careful with the websites I visited and despite having another antivirus (AVG), from time to time I had to ask my boyfriend or a friend to help me clean my laptop, and even in several times I had to reinstall everything from 0, since I lost data or I got infected with viruses that did not allow me to enter files and folders. One day, browsing a forum and looking for an antivirus that was good and free (at that time I thought that paying for an antivirus was not a good idea) I found AVIRA. It had very good references, was light and did not take much RAM. The truth is that since I started it I have never used another antivirus and never again lost files due to a virus, even now I have a paid version that is much better than the free version and I also recommend it to my colleagues. I work every time someone arrives with a new laptop.,It is lightweight and does not occupy so many elements of the system, so it can be installed on almost any computer, even I have it on my old desktop and it works very smoothly. It has protection against dialer, rootkit, phishing, spyware, viruses, Trojans and all the threats that there are. It is very simple to use, since it is almost all configured and when it detects some suspicious or malicious element it asks you what you want to do with it. Your updates are constant, so you are always protected against the latest dangers that appear.,For the use that I currently give to my laptop it works very well, but it can fail if your way of surfing the web is careful and you dedicate yourself to visit infected forums, download files from any part, or use bad programs.,8,the main thing is that for some time now my PC has not been infected with any virus, and I have not lost any more information, so I have all the documents and presentations ready to do my classes.,REVE Antivirus,Dropbox, BoxIdeal efficient protection for business teamsAvira is an excellent antivirus that we have decided to implement throughout our company to protect all our computers and keep them free of viruses, ransomware, Trojans or spyware. This is how, thanks to that, we are able to focus on what our work is and not worry about the safety of our data as well as our clients', because when it's working in real time and in the background we are protected in every step we take and can focus in our activities without any problem because we are not interrupted by it. Its premium version is very suitable to implement in companies regardless of the size of them because it is a software capable of protecting a large amount of equipment and one of the advantages is that being premium does not present advertising, that is, the equipment has no problems. which is used since there is no slowness. Its free version is suitable for home computers since it complies with the basic protection, but it is enough to protect one or two computers.,It runs in the background so it does not interrupt the actions that are being carried out. Work in real time allowing alerts to be issued immediately Offers plans with very accessible prices Your support team is very attentive, they are always available. Offers protection against known and advanced threats,Sometimes it usually throws programs as dangerous when they are simply unrecognized formats so this permission must be done manually. When the antivirus is implemented in its free version it tends to have a lot of publicity, which slows down the team.,9,It allows us to focus on our work. We can keep our data protected against any vulnerability. When working in real time, it issues an alert immediately, thus preventing any damage to the equipment as well as being able to act quickly. Your support team is really attentive so solving any problem is really simple. Its prices are really fair for the advantages it offers since its implementation is very efficient because we are protected from any threat. It also protects our files located in the cloud giving the same priority analyzes.,,ProductPlan, Bitbucket, Lookout, Acronis BackupA lightweight antivirus, but totally effective.Where to start? ... I have used Avira Antivirus on my personal laptop for about four or five years. I started using it because at that time I used another antivirus and its operation was not the most optimal since every so often I infected my laptop with viruses, trojans or spyware ... (I know that much of that is my fault because at that time I was downloading programs from any site and I was not careful). Due to these constant infections, I decided to look in the forums for some recommendations for antivirus and in a casual way (after using several different antiviruses), I reached Avira Antivirus. The truth is that my decision to stay with Avira Antivirus has not disappointed me. From that moment, I do not remember having any new infections. It works much better than my previous antivirus because whenever it is faced with a malicious file, it warns me and gives me the option of ignoring or deleting the file, which is great.,In my case, it detects the vast majority of malicious files. It also gives you the option to choose what to do with them (delete or ignore). It uses few resources, so it can be installed on almost any computer. It has constant updates, so make sure you have the latest patch to prevent infections of new malicious elements. It is multiplatform, so you can use it on different devices. I have used it both on Windows and Android.,Sometimes the antivirus takes time to start once the laptop is turned on, which makes me wonder if it is working correctly or not. I have read about several problems regarding uninstalling Avira Antivirus from Windows, which sounds like it can be quite tedious. I have also read that, unfortunately, for being a light antivirus, it cannot properly handle the most dangerous viruses and trojans on the web, but luckily, so far I have not had any problems. In addition, a large number of infections are due to the browsing and downloading habits of users.,8,as a positive impact I can point out that since I use Avira I have not had to format my laptop again due to infections that delete files or that hijack data (like the police virus, for which I lost a lot of information accumulated over years). In addition I have not had to renew my laptop in search of one with higher features to install a good antivurus, and comment before, Avira to use few resources can be installed on almost any computer.,AVG AntiVirus Business Edition,MalwarebytesProtect your PCI starting using Avira Antivirus two years ago or maybe a little more, and for almost a year, I recommend it to my colleagues and even my relatives. I came across Avira almost by chance, after having a virus problem in an old computer, in which I used another well-known antivirus. That unfortunately did not prevent the infection or help me clean my computer of the virus that I found, and it encrypted a lot of my files on my hard drive. After this happened, I went to different forums looking for information about good antivirus to switch to, and everywhere said that Avira had two things that I needed; Pretty effective as antivirus, and low resource use. So I decided to try it, and from there we have not separated, and it has always worked very well. With proper care I have not had serious problems of infection by viruses or other malicious software.,Low impact on the use of laptop resources, which is beneficial if you use old laptops or desktops, low-end computers, or do not want an antivirus that consumes an enormous amount of resources. Its update process is quite fast and silent, so it does not bother at all. Extra point is that I do not consume as much memory when using it, so you do not have to worry because the pc freezes. Your level of protection and security is quite high and adequate when you have a low-risk use of the PC (office, games, programs, navigation by pages or known forums, and others),Its level of protection in real time could be better when dealing with multiple threats. For example, it does not adequately block files that are auto-downloaded without the user's permission.,9,I have not had serious infections due to viruses or Trojans. In addition, every time a malicious code is downloaded, Avira detects it and blocks it fast enough. So, I have not had to re-format my PC, I have not lost documents that I had stored on disk C, and of course, I have not lost time trying to recover the data from my PC. I've also been able to install it on not-so-powerful PCs, so its users have been able to continue using their computers without any problem and also avoid serious infections.,Kaspersky Endpoint Security and ESET Endpoint Security,PDFfiller, Panda Security for DesktopsThe best antivirus in my opinion (without a doubt)!I use Avira Antivirus on my personal computer. With its updated version for 2018, Avira Antivirus maintains the same effectiveness as always against malware, but also, thanks to its improved protection technology in the cloud, it gains speed in detecting threats and vulnerabilities that can endanger the security of any PC or Mac. All this, with a minimum percentage of false alarms. To deal with the most frequent problems of identity theft, Avira Antivirus has several tools that serve both to protect against attacks by hackers, as well as to make purchases and banking operations on the Internet in a secure manner. In addition to its protective shield against malware (also adware and spyware) when we surf the Internet, and the analysis of programs and documents on our hard drive, Avira Antivirus provides useful add-ons to malicious codes, such as Email Protection, which analyzes incoming e-mails in search of infected attachments and links; a special system that repairs the damages that some virus, Trojan... can produce; or the so-called Self-defense, a reinforcement that prevents malicious software from altering or disabling antivirus protection.,It detects adware (sometimes you just need some ease of advertisement) and phishing. It has Webguard, that allows us to block access to malicious websites. It scans email (POP3 and SMTP), an everyday tool I personally use. It has Bootable RescueCD, wich helps to remove malware and system recoveries. It has a very high detection rate and a very fast scanning engine.,It has a tendency to detect many false positives. It has a very basic backup module. Its interface is not much attractive.,10,It allows to create groups of computers and delegate antivirus policies to each group. It allows generating a report of found viruses. You can download updates via the Internet and send them to customers, improving the efficiency of your network. It provides an antispam module that serves to protect servers against unwanted mail.,Avast Business Antivirus,Dropbox, Evernote, G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, MailChimp, Moodle, PayPal Payments, Skype, Prezi, CanvaGreat protection for your laptop / computerAvira Antivirus was used by me and by some people I worked with (4 out of 7 of us use Avira). We used it because of the good experience we had when detecting malicious files inside a .rar file, as well as when blocking access to pages that could contain a virus, be a scam or contain some phishing method. Also, if at some point a strange element was missed, then it allowed blocking the connection or the use of some suspicious file.,Detects the vast majority of malicious files that you can download from the web The in-depth analysis system is very thorough Starts quickly in the system,Its "system speedup" does not produce as much improvement or changes as other programs that perform similar functions. I think I should have some system to erase invalid keys and records that are easy to use as a CCleaner,9,It had a very good impact because the protection it provides is high which decreases the infection rates of the computers, and with this, the PCs can be in constant operation and should not be sent to a technical service and should not be restored so often avoiding the potential loss of documents and files,ESET Endpoint Security and Avast Business Antivirus,Malwarebytes
Avira Antivirus
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>TRScore

Avira Antivirus Reviews

Avira Antivirus

Do you work for this company?

Filter 11 vetted Avira Antivirus reviews and ratings

Aura Munguia Cepeda profile photo
May 14, 2019

Avira protects

• It is lightweight and does not occupy so many elements of the system, so it can be installed on almost any computer, even I have it on my old desktop and it works very smoothly.
  • It has protection against dialer, rootkit, phishing, spyware, viruses, Trojans and all the threats that there are.
  • It is very simple to use, since it is almost all configured and when it detects some suspicious or malicious element it asks you what you want to do with it.
  • Your updates are constant, so you are always protected against the latest dangers that appear.
  • For the use that I currently give to my laptop it works very well, but it can fail if your way of surfing the web is careful and you dedicate yourself to visit infected forums, download files from any part, or use bad programs.
Avira works great if you're an average user (videos on YouTube, check FB, watch some forums, watch some movies online, play online). For more demanding users, who are dedicated to using more dangerous forums, download files from any side and do not analyze them before opening them, spend hours looking for crack programs, or connect any device to your PC (pendrive, HD) without reviewing them, it may work most of the time, but in the end it will have a flaw and allow some viruses to enter, since its protection system seems not to be as robust as other antivirus products.
Read Aura Munguia Cepeda's full review
Michelli Capecchi profile photo

• It runs in the background so it does not interrupt the actions that are being carried out.
  • Work in real time allowing alerts to be issued immediately
  • Offers plans with very accessible prices
  • Your support team is very attentive, they are always available.
  • Offers protection against known and advanced threats
  • Sometimes it usually throws programs as dangerous when they are simply unrecognized formats so this permission must be done manually.
  • When the antivirus is implemented in its free version it tends to have a lot of publicity, which slows down the team.
Many times it takes time to update so if you have found an advanced virus will take time to recognize it is important that your automatic update is much more efficient so that no inconvenience occurs if this scenario occurs.
Read Michelli Capecchi's full review
burt smith profile photo
  • In my case, it detects the vast majority of malicious files. It also gives you the option to choose what to do with them (delete or ignore).
  • It uses few resources, so it can be installed on almost any computer.
  • It has constant updates, so make sure you have the latest patch to prevent infections of new malicious elements.
  • It is multiplatform, so you can use it on different devices. I have used it both on Windows and Android.
  • Sometimes the antivirus takes time to start once the laptop is turned on, which makes me wonder if it is working correctly or not.
  • I have read about several problems regarding uninstalling Avira Antivirus from Windows, which sounds like it can be quite tedious.
  • I have also read that, unfortunately, for being a light antivirus, it cannot properly handle the most dangerous viruses and trojans on the web, but luckily, so far I have not had any problems. In addition, a large number of infections are due to the browsing and downloading habits of users.
Avira Antivirus works well in the vast majority of scenarios where the user has a responsible use of browsing and downloading content from different websites. If you habitually use your laptop to navigate in secure pages (newspapers, YouTube, Facebook, mail, among others) and to download content from safe places or without too much risk, you should not have major problems, as it usually warns and blocks the self-downloading content of link shorteners and similar pages. It also warns about dangerous pages and those where the credentials were altered or where they have had recent reports of infections.
If instead, you are a user that jumps from one page to another, downloads files from anywhere, uses crack or patches for programs or games, well ... Avira will not be so useful, as it will eventually pass some malicious code and infect your PC. So if you are going to use your PC in that way, I recommend using a more powerful antivirus, but always remembering that no matter what antivirus you use, if you have risky behavior, at some point your PC will be attacked and your antivirus will not be able to do anything.
Read burt smith's full review
george wilson profile photo
October 12, 2018

Protect your PC

• Low impact on the use of laptop resources, which is beneficial if you use old laptops or desktops, low-end computers, or do not want an antivirus that consumes an enormous amount of resources.
  • Its update process is quite fast and silent, so it does not bother at all. Extra point is that I do not consume as much memory when using it, so you do not have to worry because the pc freezes.
  • Your level of protection and security is quite high and adequate when you have a low-risk use of the PC (office, games, programs, navigation by pages or known forums, and others)
  • Its level of protection in real time could be better when dealing with multiple threats. For example, it does not adequately block files that are auto-downloaded without the user's permission.
Avira is in general an antivirus that fulfills its basic functions in a good way, but without reaching an impenetrable strength. However, if you are a common and responsible user--who knows where you browse, does not download files from any side, scans a pendrive before opening it, does not open files of dubious origin--then without a doubt this a good antivirus for you, since it has a level of detection that's more than acceptable and a low impact on the use of resources of your PC. Now, if you like to download patches for your programs, download files from who knows where, and navigate more carelessly, I think you should look for another antivirus, something more powerful, with less margin for error.
Read george wilson's full review
Floyd Peterkin Bennett profile photo

• It detects adware (sometimes you just need some ease of advertisement) and phishing.
  • It has Webguard, that allows us to block access to malicious websites.
  • It scans email (POP3 and SMTP), an everyday tool I personally use.
  • It has Bootable RescueCD, wich helps to remove malware and system recoveries.
  • It has a very high detection rate and a very fast scanning engine.
  • It has a tendency to detect many false positives.
  • It has a very basic backup module.
  • Its interface is not much attractive.
Avira Antivirus has the quality of being multiplatform. It is available for Windows, Linux, and Mac, and in addition to its paid version, there is also a free version. As with most antivirus software, it is able to scan hard and removable drives for viruses, and it also runs as a background process, testing each file (both open and closed).
Read Floyd Peterkin Bennett's full review
Benjamin Cornejo profile photo
  • Detects the vast majority of malicious files that you can download from the web
  • The in-depth analysis system is very thorough
  • Starts quickly in the system
  • Its "system speedup" does not produce as much improvement or changes as other programs that perform similar functions.
  • I think I should have some system to erase invalid keys and records that are easy to use as a CCleaner
It is very useful and good if you browse the web a lot or if you download many files from various sites, as it has a pretty good protection system that blocks pages and files. It also allows you to use your own VPN in case you want to hide your IP. Unfortunately, I have noticed that it is not very good to use in computers with a low power since they freeze or slow down too much.
Read Benjamin Cornejo's full review