Describe how you use Avira Prime in your organization. What are the business problems the product addresses and what is the scope of your …
Avira is installed in our store for almost a year and it is working so well in protecting our system from any viruses. The data we have …
It is not being used across the whole organization. It is more on an individual basis. It address the business problem of having a AV …
For many years, I have used Avira antivirus, both on my personal laptop and on my mobile phone. I started to use it because before I was …
Avira is an excellent antivirus that we have decided to implement throughout our company to protect all our computers and keep them free …
Where to start? ... I have used Avira Antivirus on my personal laptop for about four or five years. I started using it because at that …
I starting using Avira Antivirus two years ago or maybe a little more, and for almost a year, I recommend it to my colleagues and even my …
I use Avira Antivirus on my personal computer. With its updated version for 2018, Avira Antivirus maintains the same effectiveness as …
Avira Antivirus was used by me and by some people I worked with (4 out of 7 of us use Avira). We used it because of the good experience we …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Avira Prime, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
4 people want pricing too
Avira Prime, now from NortonLifeLock since the December 2020 acquisition, is an antivirus solution used to protect small businesses, a cross-platform and multi-device solution replacing Avira's legacy antivirus solutions (e.g. Avira Business, etc.) that will be phased out by December 2021.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- find virus
- lick ass
- password manager
- user interface
- Its scanning engine is advanced and doesn't consume much time in scanning.
- It is a highly effective tool against spam.
- All features work perfectly.
- Its interface is hard for beginners.
- Its backup module needs improvement and advancement.
- There should be a system to block pop-ups and ads permanently.
- One thing it does well is it doesn't use a whole lot of system resources to run. Users should not experience slowdowns on their systems while Avira is running.
- A second thing it does well is the scanning engine works particularly well, meaning in terms of performance, along with not taking very long for scans to run on a client system.
- One area of improvement can be in improving virus detection rates, even though it is rated really high in AV tests, there is always room for improvement to compete with others in the industry.
- Another area of improvement can be in minimizing pop-ups/ads when running the software. This was more problematic historically especially in the free versions of the software, but could really be minimized in all versions.
- An improvement can be made in the marketing of the product to be focused more on industry/organization use since historically this product is well-known for being a good consumer-grade AV product.
- It is lightweight and does not occupy so many elements of the system, so it can be installed on almost any computer, even I have it on my old desktop and it works very smoothly.
- It has protection against dialer, rootkit, phishing, spyware, viruses, Trojans and all the threats that there are.
- It is very simple to use, since it is almost all configured and when it detects some suspicious or malicious element it asks you what you want to do with it.
- Your updates are constant, so you are always protected against the latest dangers that appear.
- For the use that I currently give to my laptop it works very well, but it can fail if your way of surfing the web is careful and you dedicate yourself to visit infected forums, download files from any part, or use bad programs.
- It runs in the background so it does not interrupt the actions that are being carried out.
- Work in real time allowing alerts to be issued immediately
- Offers plans with very accessible prices
- Your support team is very attentive, they are always available.
- Offers protection against known and advanced threats
- Sometimes it usually throws programs as dangerous when they are simply unrecognized formats so this permission must be done manually.
- When the antivirus is implemented in its free version it tends to have a lot of publicity, which slows down the team.
- In my case, it detects the vast majority of malicious files. It also gives you the option to choose what to do with them (delete or ignore).
- It uses few resources, so it can be installed on almost any computer.
- It has constant updates, so make sure you have the latest patch to prevent infections of new malicious elements.
- It is multiplatform, so you can use it on different devices. I have used it both on Windows and Android.
- Sometimes the antivirus takes time to start once the laptop is turned on, which makes me wonder if it is working correctly or not.
- I have read about several problems regarding uninstalling Avira Antivirus from Windows, which sounds like it can be quite tedious.
- I have also read that, unfortunately, for being a light antivirus, it cannot properly handle the most dangerous viruses and trojans on the web, but luckily, so far I have not had any problems. In addition, a large number of infections are due to the browsing and downloading habits of users.
- Low impact on the use of laptop resources, which is beneficial if you use old laptops or desktops, low-end computers, or do not want an antivirus that consumes an enormous amount of resources.
- Its update process is quite fast and silent, so it does not bother at all. Extra point is that I do not consume as much memory when using it, so you do not have to worry because the pc freezes.
- Your level of protection and security is quite high and adequate when you have a low-risk use of the PC (office, games, programs, navigation by pages or known forums, and others)
- Its level of protection in real time could be better when dealing with multiple threats. For example, it does not adequately block files that are auto-downloaded without the user's permission.
- It detects adware (sometimes you just need some ease of advertisement) and phishing.
- It has Webguard, that allows us to block access to malicious websites.
- It scans email (POP3 and SMTP), an everyday tool I personally use.
- It has Bootable RescueCD, wich helps to remove malware and system recoveries.
- It has a very high detection rate and a very fast scanning engine.
- It has a tendency to detect many false positives.
- It has a very basic backup module.
- Its interface is not much attractive.
- Detects the vast majority of malicious files that you can download from the web
- The in-depth analysis system is very thorough
- Starts quickly in the system
- Its "system speedup" does not produce as much improvement or changes as other programs that perform similar functions.
- I think I should have some system to erase invalid keys and records that are easy to use as a CCleaner